Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

The offical TNA thread - News, Spoilers and the rest...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,466 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Latest TNA blurb about catch up episodes and new episodes.

TNA Wrestling comes to FREE TV from Thursday Feb 3. Challenge will broadcast catch-up episodes of iMPACT! every day from midnight until new episodes are then broadcast weekly from Feb 8 at 10pm. Challenge can be found on Freeview channel 46 from Feb 1, on Sky channel 125 and Virgin Media channel 139.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Latest TNA blurb about catch up episodes and new episodes.

TNA Wrestling comes to FREE TV from Thursday Feb 3. Challenge will broadcast catch-up episodes of iMPACT! every day from midnight until new episodes are then broadcast weekly from Feb 8 at 10pm. Challenge can be found on Freeview channel 46 from Feb 1, on Sky channel 125 and Virgin Media channel 139.

UPC?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

geeky wrote: »
    UPC?

According to wiki (not reliable I know) but when Channel One closes (ch 129) at the end of the month, Challenge will be taking it's place

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Hernandez has finished his duties with Asistencia Asesoría y Administración (AAA) and is expected to resurface on TNA Wrestling programming shortly.

The former TNA World Tag Team Champion was sent to AAA last March as part of a talent exchange. He last appeared for TNA at Victory Road, defeating Matt Morgan in a Steel Cage Match.

This week's TNA iMPACT! scored a 1.3 cable rating.

TNA had its third largest average audience in history (1.9 million viewers).

More shortly.

We can now confirm that this week's edition of TNA iMPACT! drew a 1.28 (1.3) cable rating, with 1,934,000 viewers. That is up from last week's 1.15 (1.2) cable rating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Hernandez has finished his duties with Asistencia Asesoría y Administración (AAA) and is expected to resurface on TNA Wrestling programming shortly.

I hope he learnt some spanish while he was there :pac:

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I hope he learnt some spanish while he was there :pac:

Ha think that was the reason he was sent down

TNA is really screwed as of right now as they had plans in place for a Main Event Mafia return storyline. There is also a lesson to be learned here as you don't promote a major storyline and then worry about getting the guys for the angle signed to contracts at the last minute.

Booker T and Kevin Nash had both been penciled in to be at the Monday TNA iMPACT! tapings to further the "They" storyline.

This makes the Monday TV taping interesting as the only former Main Event Mafia member they can now bring in is Sting. They'll obviously need to figure something out this weekend.

Source: The Wrestling Observer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

This article is making out that TNA are promoting the return of the Main Event Mafia, and are hoping to sign five guys in one weekend. Don't understand why the Wrestling Observer have published that so called 'news'.

TNA have been promoting 'they', but they havn't actually said on TV that MEM is reforming, meaning they havn't pined all hopes on Nash/Booker/Sting all re-signing.

Besides, Steiner and Angle are there already, both were original members if memory serves me correctly, and Samoa Joe was also a member for a while, so I doubt TNA are 'screwed' as Meltzer put it, and I doubt this storyline is dependent on the return of three guys in the space of a weekend.

Have to say, and i'm probably in the minority here, but I would love to see Nash, Booker and Sting all on TV again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Charisteas wrote: »
    Have to say, and i'm probably in the minority here, but I would love to see Nash, Booker and Sting all on TV again.

Sting most definitely, but Nash is terrible and Booker is lazy. The MEM is better off without Booker and Nash. A stable with Joe, Steiner, Sting and Angle (maybe with RVD, Anderson and
    Lashley
    if needed) would be more than suitable to oppose Immortal. It's not as if TNA's plans were hinging on Booker and Nash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Sting most definitely, but Nash is terrible and Booker is lazy. The MEM is better off without Booker and Nash. A stable with Joe, Steiner, Sting and Angle (maybe with RVD, Anderson and
    Lashley
    if needed) would be more than suitable to oppose Immortal. It's not as if TNA's plans were hinging on Booker and Nash.

Would that mean that nearly everyone on the roster would be in some form of faction?

Source: The Pro Wrestling Torch

In an apparent first, TNA Wrestling officials recently punished two wrestlers for testing positive for a substance banned on the organization's drug testing policy.

Though TNA did not acknowledge the situation publicly, the guilty wrestlers were pulled from some house shows as punishment.

Both wrestlers have since returned to action and remain on the active roster.

In an apparent first, TNA Wrestling officials recently punished two wrestlers for testing positive for a substance banned on the organization's drug testing policy. Though TNA did not acknowledge the situation publicly, the guilty wrestlers were pulled from some house shows as punishment. Both wrestlers have since returned to action and remain on the active roster.

This seems about as effective as that time Kurt got suspended after one impact for 7 days and was back in action on the next impact, missing about 5 minutes of TV time in the process.

If I was deeply suspicious of TNA i'd say getting pulled from 1-2 house shows sounds like more of a cost-cutting measure....or two people Naitchin' too hard :D

Rob Terry is probably one of the guilty party, he didn't turn up to the Dublin or Glasgow house shows, but then wrestled in Manchester on Friday.

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/54834/tna-impact-taping-notes-for-tonight-spoilers.html?p=1
    For those of you waiting for the Main Event Mafia tonight, don't hold your breath. I was told this morning that "They" is going in a completely different direction than most people expect and that decision was made several days ago. I was told "When it goes down, people who expected a ton of big names might be surprised, but it's a move that's better for the company overall."

Sting is not scheduled for the tapings to the best of my knowledge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,617 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

when does challenge start airing the show?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Headshot wrote: »
    when does challenge start airing the show?

February 8th for new episodes,I think they start catch up from February 4th

Xplosion starts on Saturday too

What's Xplosion, a B-show?

Charisteas wrote: »
    What's Xplosion, a B-show?

Pretty much, it's a highlight show with a couple of matches (which can occasionally be pretty good).

Source: Prowrestling.net

-- As noted earlier, TNA will tape this Thursday's iMPACT tonight from Orlando. It's newsworthy that Ric Flair is not in Orlando today and is not scheduled for any episodes that are being taped this week.

-- Tonight's iMPACT! tapings are important as major storylines are planned and Spike TV has requested them to be loaded for sweeps. Set for tonight is Hulk Hogan's return to feud with Dixie Carter, Jeff Hardy vs. Mr. Anderson for the World Title and the arrival of "they", originally expected to be the return of The Main Event Mafia.

-- According to Randy Ricci, a former production manager for TNA Wrestling who is often very bitter in his comments, top personnel such as Dixie Carter, Vince Russo and Eric Bischoff are said to very hopeful that the "They" storyline "saves the company."
    As we reported over the weekend, the January 27 episode of TNA iMPACT! scored a 1.28 cable rating, the program’s highest mark since October 14. iMPACT! averaged 1.93 million viewers over the course of two hours, which is the third largest average audience in the program’s history.

TNA star Matt Hardy wrote the following on Twitter about last week's show doing a strong rating: "I awesome appreciate the TNA Impact viewers for tunin in & makin last night's Impact the 3rd most watched in TNA history. Hardys=Ratings"

No comment.

New York based independent women's wrestler Rayna Von Tash is scheduled for a tryout match with TNA Wrestling within the next few weeks.

Booker T and Kevin Nash were in negotiations as late as last week to return to TNA Wrestling, but both grapplers instead opted to return to World Wrestling Entertainment obviously.

Booker T personally informed company president Dixie Carter that he had declined TNA's offer.

Nash, however, did not. He verbally agreed to return to TNA and was slated to sign the contract this week.

Carter discovered Nash bolting for WWE when the news broke online.

• Advertisement

Carter discovered Nash bolting for WWE when the news broke online.

Wait, what?

Looks like we found out who THEY were
    So, "They" are AJ Styles, Kazarian and Beer Money.

IMPACT RESULTS
    http://www.tnawrestlingnews.com/headlines/298527095.shtml

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^ I do not understand. Obvisouly I have not seen TNA since Bravo went,
    but was there a break up of Fortune

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

so
    Fortune
    is "they" .....i dont know what to make of that tbh, seems swerve-arific which we see all too aften, ill have to actually watch impact to see how it was done and what happens next.

It sounds to me as if it was a last minute thing considering they didnt get nash and booker!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,333 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Looks like we found out who THEY were
    So, "They" are AJ Styles, Kazarian and Beer Money.

IMPACT RESULTS
    http://www.tnawrestlingnews.com/headlines/298527095.shtml

Wait isnt Styles and the rest part of Flair's faction :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

It sounds to me as if it was a last minute thing considering they didnt get nash and booker!

That sounds exactly what it is.

It seems like a good angle. If they are saying
    Bishoff has ruined tna.
    . The internet fans will be very happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

styles is better as a face anyways

gimmick wrote: »
    ^ I do not understand. Obvisouly I have not seen TNA since Bravo went,
    but was there a break up of Fortune
    I think Fortune just split from Immortal eg Kaz/Beer Money and AJ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,333 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Flair done with TNA now?

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is Flair done with TNA now?

Ric Flair learned today that he suffered a torn rotator cuff in his match with Doug Williams on Saturday night.

No other details are known right now.

More shortly but this is likely the reason he was not booked for iMPACT!.

Source: The Observer
    Source: Pwinsider.com

Christopher Daniels returned to TNA at last night's tapings. Daniels worked under a mask as Suicide, defeating Brian Kendrick.

Daniels previously worked as Suicide when Frankie Kazarian got injured while doing the gimmick. There are plans for him to work as Suicide, and possibly to reprise his other masked persona of Curry Man down the line.

According to TNA and ROH sources, working for TNA will have no effect on his ROH commitments and he remains signed to Ring of Honor.
    TNA sources have indicated that Sting did not sign a new contract for 2011, and many in the company have discussed that he may be heading to WWE.

This morning, the New York Daily news reported that Sting had signed a one-year deal with WWE. That is NOT confirmed though.

Story developing.... more short
    http://www.tnawrestlingnews.com/headlines/298598396.shtml

Advertisement