Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

The offical TNA thread - News, Spoilers and the rest...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I stand corrected.

For some reason i thought that sky had let it become an independent channel after they bought out the living group.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,466 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Headshot wrote: »
    It will never get Friday imo

Sky have a pretty good relationship with WWE and I dont see that being messed up

I don't think that relationship has anything to do with it.

WWE don't have very many options in the UK and Ireland, in fact Sky are more or less their only option. ESPN is quite a smaller audience and Setanta are far too small to be able to show it. And then I doubt any non-sports channels would be too bothered with it.

It's in WWE's best interests to remain on Sky Sports more so than the other way around. If Sky put TNA on SS4, regardless of how píssed WWE might be about it, very little can be done on WWEs part, they've nowhere else to go.

I think Challenge is a great place for TNA, but having it 5 days later is quite strange. Doubt its a production thing because all they'd have to do is alter the ad breaks from the US version. It must be a trial run because Challenge run mainly Bullseye, WWTBAM, etc on nights, so its not as if those programmes HAVE to run where they are now. I've heard they're trying to rebrand the station, so maybe they have other programmes lined up for the other days, but if not I'd be interested to see if good ratings lead to a better slot for TNA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,617 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I thought sky have a contract with wwe for them to only have sky sports or somthing along those lines

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,466 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I thought sky have a contract with wwe for them to only have sky sports or somthing along those lines

You could be right, and I have read that before but I think its only ever been rumoured and assumed. As I said though, WWE don't really have any bargaining power, Sky are the only company who have the exposure of their sports channels and Sky Box Office over here, so I couldn't see Sky bowing to a WWE demand of exclusivity so outright.

Nobody really knows the extent of the contract WWE and Sky have, but Sky would certainly be the ones with the better bargaining power and Sky could realistcally dictate the terms of the contract as they see fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

enjoyed watching up to date tna last night but just baffled as to whay they showed some of episodes before showing genesis.

didn't think bischoff buried tna as bad as has been suggested by some sources in the opening segment.

Aj looked a man reborn in his face role, been a heel is not that guys strongpoint

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

You could be right, and I have read that before but I think its only ever been rumoured and assumed. As I said though, WWE don't really have any bargaining power, Sky are the only company who have the exposure of their sports channels and Sky Box Office over here, so I couldn't see Sky bowing to a WWE demand of exclusivity so outright.

Nobody really knows the extent of the contract WWE and Sky have, but Sky would certainly be the ones with the better bargaining power and Sky could realistcally dictate the terms of the contract as they see fit.

I doubt there's an explicit exclusivity clause but to think WWE don't have any influence with Sky would be very naive.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

TNA Wrestling President Dixie Carter wrote a message on Twitter thanking fans for the 'great rating' TNA's return to U.K. airwaves garnered Tuesday night:

"Thanks to our UK fans for the great rating for Tuesday's TNA return to UK TV on Challenge! TNA is back full force, and so are our UK viewers."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,617 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Is she good at replying to fans? Would like to get her thoughts on the possibility of rescheduling the day of impact is viewed in the Ireland and uk

Is she good at replying to fans? Would like to get her thoughts on the possibility of rescheduling the day of impact is viewed in the Ireland and uk

if your gonna try twitters probably best as all facebook discussions end up having a load of grown up 'TNA sucks no WWE' sucks posts attached to the bottom of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

j's right twitter is probably your best option. She did reply to me once on facebook when I made a comment about her not reading all those horrific comments.

I'd imagine that Sky tell her when iMPACT's on, not the other way around...now they they've just started the deal I'd imagine it'd be like pulling teeth getting it to change; it's probably a year-deal. But worth a go. While you're at it see if she can move to a channel that's on UPC as well as Sky Digital!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,333 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Source

Isis the Amazon, the six foot nine woman who was to have appeared as the protégé of Vickie Guerrero on the third season of WWE's NXT, wrestled a dark match against Florida independent women's wrestler Leva Bates prior to Tuesday night's TNA Impact taping in Orlando, Florida. Though her in-ring abilities are considered horrible, the feeling is that she will be offered at least a short-term role with TNA Wrestling. However, the Pro Wrestling Torch reports today that the organization's female performers, the TNA Knockouts, collectively made it clear backstage at this week's television tapings that they would not work with her if she is signed.
    Company sources indicate Isis garnered major heat amongst the locker room due how she carried herself at the tapings, as if she is already a "big star" in the wrestling industry.
    "I've never seen a guy or a girl rub the locker room this much the wrong way," said a TNA employee.

PREVIEW: THURSDAY'S iMPACT BROADCAST ON SPIKE - DON'T MISS THE FINAL MOMENTS FOR THE SHOCKING SURPRISE OF THE YEAR!

Don't forget to watch Total Nonstop Action Wrestling every Thursday night starting at 9/8c with iMPACT! If you can't watch it Thursdays, make sure to set your DVRs to record it!

THIS THURSDAY, DON'T MISS THE FINAL MOMENTS OF IMPACT FOR THE MOST SHOCKING SURPRISE OF THE YEAR - GUARANTEED!!!
    1.jpg
    The Wrestling World Will Be Buzzing The Next Day! Don't Miss It!

MAIN EVENT: MR. ANDERSON VS ROB VAN DAM VS. KURT ANGLE
    2.jpg

SCOTT STEINER VS ROB TERRY IN A POSEDOWN

AJ STYLES VS RIC FLAIR

MADISON RAYNE HAS AN OPEN CHALLENGE

AND THE SHOCKING SURPRISE IN THE FINAL MOMENTS!

This worries me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

I wonder if that Triple Threat main event is a WHC number one contenders match?

My guess for the surprise is -
    Return of Hogan or Sting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Kinda renders the rest of the show pointless

Charisteas wrote: »
    I wonder if that Triple Threat main event is a WHC number one contenders match?

I believe it is.

How not to build your show. Kinda renders the rest of the show pointless

TNA has had issues holding their audience in the last quarter so I'd imagine it's an attempt to combat that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Kinda renders the rest of the show pointless

Well not really because they have also advertised a number one contenders match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

i hate it when TNA do stupid **** like this - keep watching for the shocking events crap - for ****s sake just let the show unfold and people will watch it - jesus christ its not like anyone is going to tune in just for that - how can so many people who work for them be so fuc|<ing stupid.

this has to be up there with one of my main gripes with TNA i dont understand who exactly they are aiming this kind of rubbish at cause it sure a sh!t isn't me.

TNA's strongest card over WWE is and will always be their in ring work and is what they should be focusing on and emphasizing.

you begin to wonder will they ever learn

What is with TNA and surprises they are always promising suprises and very rarely have they actually done something which had people coming away thinking that was good and well built. At least it isn't another 'they' grouping

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,329 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

jmolloy wrote: »
    What is with TNA and surprises they are always promising suprises and very rarely have they actually done something which had people coming away thinking that was good and well built. At least it isn't another 'they' grouping
    No, it is Them this time (think of the swerve that would be!!1 Hogan is actually controlled by Alienz who're ordering him around and he's now going to go battle them to save TNA!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,150 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Tune in for the most shocking surprise of the year? Well, if you're telling people there is going to be a shocking surprise:

a) well done on blatantly admitting everything you do is fake and planned,
    b) it won't be that shocking as the most shocking surprises are ones you didn't know were going to happen,
    c) people are probably going to look up spoiler sites to get news on what's going to happen,
    And d) you've set yourself up that if the surprise isn't really all that shocking, the next time you say it people will be less likely to care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I reckon the 'shocking' ending could be
    Anderson joins Immortal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Barrington wrote: »
    Tune in for the most shocking surprise of the year? Well, if you're telling people there is going to be a shocking surprise:

a) well done on blatantly admitting everything you do is fake and planned,

In fairness the show was taped last week.

I reckon the 'shocking' ending could be
    Anderson joins Immortal

Just when he's getting momentum and the crowd are behind him. They could well do that but I hope to God they don't. I think it could be the return of
    Sting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,333 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

What is happening with Desmond Wolfe? Is he coming back?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    What is happening with Desmond Wolfe? Is he coming back?

Seems unlikely at present.
    http://www.tnawrestlingnews.com/headlines/299315436.shtml

I think it could be the return of
    Sting

If it's a new/returning wrestler, it might be
    Shawn Michaels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,150 ✭✭✭✭Penn

If it's a new/returning wrestler, it might be
    Shawn Michaels

More chance of it being
    Vince McMahon himself

Barrington wrote: »
    More chance of it being
    Vince McMahon himself

forgot he's being inducted into the hall of fame, so tied down for the time being anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

It really would have to be something big to live up to that kind of hype.

Wonder is Goldberg up to anything these days!

Advertisement