Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

The offical TNA thread - News, Spoilers and the rest...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,333 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Thats a shame there seems to be rumours of him retiring :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

Was just reading the spoilers for 03/03 and 10/03 and see TNA have booked the main event of the PPV a match they will have already done on free TV? Clap clap clap, wonderful booking there.Also although Steiner vs Terry may not be a technical bout to savour surely that was a match that shoulda been saved for a ppv and not thrown a way on TV. This sort of short term booking achieves nothing so yet again TNA has left me :mad:

Sounds like this whole taping was a mess for the 03/03 impact and the 10/03 impact

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

It really would have to be something big to live up to that kind of hype.

Wonder is Goldberg up to anything these days!

Says a lot about how little wrestling I'm watching that I thought of this person making an appearance as guest ref....

whoopi.jpg

This worries me.

So what was it Sting's return

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

forgot he's being inducted into the hall of fame, so tied down for the time being anyway

As odd as it is to find myself writing this, Shawn Michaels will never, ever, EVEEER be in TNA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

As odd as it is to find myself writing this, Shawn Michaels will never, ever, EVEEER be in TNA.

It's not even up for discussion. Shawn never went to WCW when he could've gotten paid triple what he made in WWF. He's certainly not going to break bonds with his employer of over 20 years, who has treated him like royalty, and best mate who'll be running the company, to take a pay cut in the grey-haired, star-killing, back-lot, idiot-run sh!tfest that is TNA.

Same goes for Austin, Taker, Triple H...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Just watched the latest Impact and
    yeah it looks like Sting is on his way back to TNA. They closed the show with a video of him in dark video wearing a trenchcoat, pouring rain, old house, basically the same video WWE aired for the return of Taker - obviously TNA's way of bragging to WWE that Sting didn't join them for WrestleMania. Have to admire Sting, he always said he would never wrestle for Vince, he's a man of his word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

Charisteas wrote: »
    Just watched the latest Impact and
    yeah it looks like Sting is on his way back to TNA. They closed the show with a video of him in dark video wearing a trenchcoat, pouring rain, old house, basically the same video WWE aired for the return of Taker - obviously TNA's way of bragging to WWE that Sting didn't join them for WrestleMania. Have to admire Sting, he always said he would never wrestle for Vince, he's a man of his word.

sting didnt join the wwe for wrestlemania because vince mcmahon didnt make him an offer, maybe when wcw folded he may have, but he certainly didnt this time around, and in typical TNA booking, they copy the undertaker promo and on his 1st night back
    he wins the TNA title
    :rolleyes:

sting didnt join the wwe for wrestlemania because vince mcmahon didnt make him an offer, maybe when wcw folded he may have, but he certainly didnt this time around :rolleyes:

You can't say that for certain. The sides talked, it's more likely they couldn't agree (on terms, dates, money etc.) I would like to know why Sting/WM didn't materialise though.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    You can't say that for certain. The sides talked, it's more likely they couldn't agree (on terms, dates, money etc.) I would like to know why Sting/WM didn't materialise though.

i can say that for definite, jim ross basically said it on one of his blogs that no talks took place, plus wrestleworld.com said it to, while every other site went into meltdown because the rumour was started by an article in a new york newspaper that he had signed a 1 year deal with the wwe, and when people read and heard that coupled with the undertaker promo video they got sting turning up on raw last week.

• Advertisement

oh ok, thanks for that. I hadn't heard about that. Can you post the news snippet?

oh ok, thanks for that. I hadn't heard about that. Can you post the news snippet?
    IMAG0083.jpg

new york daily news feb 1st

oh i meant the JR snippet :o

ya i'd imagine newspaper outlets are even less reliable than dirtsheets!

oh i meant the JR snippet :o

ya i'd imagine newspaper outlets are even less reliable than dirtsheets!

JR on Sting/WWE: "No, I am not surprised that it wasn't Sting being revealed on Raw Monday night. I think that I made it about as clear as I could that I did not think that Sting and WWE were negotiating but if they did, and both were of the same mindset, that a deal could be done in the future. It takes two to tango in these negotiations and sometimes things are simply not meant to be or they come along at the wrong time. Who knows what the future holds?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

JR on Sting/WWE: "No, I am not surprised that it wasn't Sting being revealed on Raw Monday night. I think that I made it about as clear as I could that I did not think that Sting and WWE were negotiating but if they did, and both were of the same mindset, that a deal could be done in the future. It takes two to tango in these negotiations and sometimes things are simply not meant to be or they come along at the wrong time. Who knows what the future holds?"

Is it just me or does anyone else read JR quotes in his voice?

Is it just me or does anyone else read JR quotes in his voice?

eh i would hope its just you ;)

sting didnt join the wwe for wrestlemania because vince mcmahon didnt make him an offer, maybe when wcw folded he may have, but he certainly didnt this time around, and in typical TNA booking, they copy the undertaker promo and on his 1st night back
    he wins the TNA title
    :rolleyes:

Well you could say that WWE copied WCW from the late 90's with the same video. It's not like TNA stole the idea of the video, they intentionally aired the same video as a dig at WWE for not signing Sting.

I still beleive it's highly possible that talks took place between Sting and WWE. In JR's blog, he writes the word 'think' twice, meaning that he didn't know for certain if talks were held or not. And then he writes 'but if they did', conceding that there was a chance they did talk.

Besides, JR is never going to admit that Vince made Sting an offer but Sting refused the offer, that would just look bad for WWE.

Well you could say that WWE copied WCW from the late 90's with the same video. It's not like TNA stole the idea of the video, they intentionally aired the same video as a dig at WWE for not signing Sting.

I still beleive it's highly possible that talks took place between Sting and WWE. In JR's blog, he writes the word 'think' twice, meaning that he didn't know for certain if talks were held or not. And then he writes 'but if they did', conceding that there was a chance they did talk.

Besides, JR is never going to admit that Vince made Sting an offer but Sting refused the offer, that would just look bad for WWE.[/QUOTE

ok i suppose it depends what way you want to interpret it, but i think iys a bit naive if you think ross would'nt/does'nt know if talks were held or not. and of course ross would'nt publically say vince offered him anything, thats why he put the words i think into it, and the line ''if they did'' could simpy mean ''if they did'' i dont think it mean he's conceding talks were held.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,466 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Great interview with Chris Jericho on the 3/3/11 promo....
    'It drives me nuts and I'll tell you the reason why. I am the biggest fan of TNA as a concept. I want them to be huge, Vince wants them to be huge because the more competition there is, it's better for the business, it's better for the boys, it's better is for the fans. I don't understand their obsession with copying the WWE I think it's lame, I think its bush league and I don't get it, they have some of the best talent, some great idea men. Why do they do this? Why do their guys go out there and say 'When I was in the WWE I was left behind and I was held back'. If I was working for TNA I would project that it's the greatest wrestling company in the world because if you're not projecting it, why is anyone going to believe it? When we were in ECW it was small, I never made more than $250 a show but you would die for that company and when you came across that way, the fans came across that way and suddenly you have this underground revolution going on and it was real, it was a revolution, people believed it was the best. No one in TNA believes they are in the best company and if they don't believe it then why am I going to believe it as a fan? Why am I going to buy their product? It's just so bush league, they can do better than that and the guys on top there should know better and it really makes me mad because they're wasting money and they don't have to be wasting money but I'm not burying TNA I'm saying you should be ashamed of yourself because you can do better.'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

Jeremy Borash is in the UK promising a major announcement hopefully we get some spin off. I imagine it might be that impacts going to be officially on saturday. they showed the impact repeat last saturday 9-11 and are scheduled to do the same this saturday surely it makes more sense for them to show the thursday show as a first run on saturday

• Advertisement

jmolloy wrote: »
    Jeremy Borash is in the UK promising a major announcement hopefully we get some spin off. I imagine it might be that impacts going to be officially on saturday. they showed the impact repeat last saturday 9-11 and are scheduled to do the same this saturday surely it makes more sense for them to show the thursday show as a first run on saturday

What was the announcement?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

What was the announcement?

They did a UK fan party.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,253 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

jmolloy wrote: »

Challenge have been showing replays every Saturday night since they caught up on the Impacts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    AJ Styles music video debut

LOL, state of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

686 views, TNA would kill for those figures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Apparently next weeks's Impact has a horrendously distasteful angle where Black Pope performs miracles on obese people and cripples.

jrnk.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,617 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

mg the company just keeps getting worse and worse

Maybe pope can actually make TNA a decent alternative to WWE, now that would be a miracle

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

According to Pwinsider.com, the drug case against Jeff Hardy was continued once again today in Moore County, NC Superior Court. The case has been ongoing for 18 months, and today, Assistant District Attorney Warren McSweeney asked Judge James Webb to continue to the case. The reason for the continuance is so they can get the results of lab tests from the State Bureau of Investigation on some of the evidence that was seized from Hardy's home September 11th, 2009. Both sides are still reportedly working on a plea deal.

From another website...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

From another website...

Jesus, whats that, the twelfth continuance or something:confused:

Advertisement