Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

The offical TNA thread - News, Spoilers and the rest...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

5-Star Sprog Flash!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

TNA now selling the much wanted...RDV shirts? :confused:

http://nodq.com/features/304800184.shtml
    rdv.jpg

riddlers!!!

dyslexia - TAN's one weakness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

It's been updated now anyway.

http://shoptna.com/rvd-dragon-ii.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

http://www.scrippsnews.com/node/60973
    To borrow a famous poetry passage from Robert Frost, Steve "Sting" Borden has taken the road less traveled.

And for TNA Wrestling, that has made all the difference.

After 26 years as one of the industry's top stars, Borden had a golden opportunity to make his WWE debut at "Wrestlemania 27" earlier this month. A source said that Borden was offered the chance to either wrestle The Undertaker or appear in a world-championship match with induction into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2012. The fact "Wrestlemania 27" was being held in Atlanta -- home base for the now-defunct World Championship Wrestling when Sting was that company's flagship performer -- made the proposal even sweeter.

But unlike every other major WCW headliner from the 1990s, Borden once again rebuffed WWE and re-signed with TNA.

"I'm not going to lie to you -- who wouldn't want to say that they did 'Wrestlemania' at least one time?" Borden said Tuesday in a telephone interview. "It's the ultimate event in wrestling. It's still in the back of my mind that there's a chance of it happening someday, somehow. I think time may have run out completely now, but who knows?

"The timing couldn't have been better (to work 'Wrestlemania'), but I'm glad it turned out the way it did."

Borden has publicly said mistrust about how his character would be portrayed by WWE owner Vince McMahon played into his decision. Borden also cited "personal reasons that I don't want to talk about" during our Tuesday interview.

Borden's decision, though, was as much about his affinity for TNA as it was trepidation about joining WWE.

Once a contract dispute was settled and he signed a new deal, TNA immediately made Sting its world champion last month during his first match back on television since October 2010. Borden hopes his name value and grappling persona help TNA continue to expand its visibility in the WWE-dominated marketplace.

"Deep in my heart, I wasn't fulfilled. My mission was not accomplished with TNA," said Borden, who joined the company in 2006 after what was essentially a five-year retirement following WCW's demise. "It was like with WCW. I just hated the idea after all these years that I put in that this was the way it was going to end.

"I go back to when (TNA) was just this little company doing stuff out of the fairgrounds in Nashville. Now we're in 120 countries. I'd like the story to continue to grow."

TNA also enticed Borden with a renewal of his sweetheart contract. For a hefty six-figure salary, Borden only has to appear on television tapings for "TNA Impact" (9 p.m. EDT Thursdays, Spike TV) and pay-per-view shows.

Borden laughed when asked if he had the best deal in pro wrestling.

"After 20-something years, is that OK?" he said. "(Hulk) Hogan is in a similar boat. The difference between me and him is that he's not in the ring. Lord willing, I hope he gets back in there. But here I still am at the age of 52 bouncing around. Some of the other guys in WWE have the same deal like The Undertaker and Shawn Michaels before he left.

"After a while, some of us just can't hold it together anymore. I think I'm doing a pretty good job holding on."

Borden is essentially working on a year-to-year basis, but still has goals he would like to fulfill. Among them are farewell shows in the cities where he had his most famous bouts, a wrestling tour of Europe and matches to try and help elevate TNA's younger talent.

"It's amazing how many guys come up to me and say, 'I wanted to become a pro wrestler because of you. Before you're done, I want to wrestle you one time,' " said Borden, who debuted in 1985 as part of a tag team with Jim "Ultimate Warrior" Hellwig known as the Blade Runners.

There is one bout with a younger-generation star that Borden would like to forget. Numerous pro-wrestling news outlets have reported that Jeff Hardy was impaired when stepping into the ring to fight Sting on last month's "Victory Road" pay-per-view.

As a result, TNA changed its headline finish on the fly by having Sting pin Hardy in 90 seconds of what can barely be described as a match. The situation was so embarrassing that TNA even offered free Internet programming to fans who ordered the show and felt scammed by the abbreviated outcome.

Hardy, who has a history of substance abuse, hasn't appeared on TNA programming since. But TNA never offered a public explanation of what transpired, which has left some fans still puzzled by the result.

Borden said the situation left a "bad taste" in his mouth.

"On my first pay-per-view back with TNA and my first world-title match, are you kidding me?" Borden said. "I was already trying to overcome the 'Oh, they didn't put (the title) on him again did they? He's a dinosaur' stuff, and then you add, 'What just happened?' I know everyone's first reaction was, 'Wow, they're really trying to get Sting over (to the fans) so much now that it's ridiculous. They've totally ruined Jeff Hardy.'

"You know the real scoop. This is not what I wanted. I had something really good planned out and was ready to have an incredible match with Jeff that night. I'm very disappointed and hurt. So is everyone else."

Borden promises that he and TNA will make amends on Sunday night's "Lockdown" pay-per-view emanating from Cincinnati. Sting wrestles Rob Van Dam and Mr. Anderson in the main event of a card where every bout will be fought inside a steel cage.

"The ripple effect of that (Hardy) match is bigger than you can imagine," Borden said. "It's still hitting. We have to -- I have to -- deliver at 'Lockdown.' It's got to be an outstanding match. I'm doing my very best to get ready."

Kurt Angle vs. Jeff Jarrett, Mickie James vs. Madison Rayne and The Pope vs. Samoa Joe are other featured bouts on "Lockdown." For more information, visit www.tnawrestling.com.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

ROB DAN VAN,
    THE SHOW N'F WHOLE!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭cena

Is brutus magnus still in tna. not seen him in a along time

cena wrote: »
    Is brutus magnus still in tna. not seen him in a along time

Yup, they reunited The British Invasion a few weeks ago and they're facing EY/OJ, Ink Inc. and Steiner/Crimson at Lockdown. Wolfe's absence placed Magnus in limbo for quite a while, he was just working Xplosion matches.

Are TNA still beating WWE in the UK ratings? Where is the most reliable source for checking TV stats?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Charisteas wrote: »
    Are TNA still beating WWE in the UK ratings? Where is the most reliable source for checking TV stats?

I'll have a check to see newer numbers.

But while I do I wanna reiterate that TNA are not beating WWE in the ratings in the UK. Their numbers for free-TV iMPACT is comparable (i.e. ~10,000 lower) than cable SmackDown and about half of cable RAW's total. [iMPACT might beat the thursday repeat of RAW, which is about 40% of the total RAW audience -- the other 60% of people either watching or DVR'ing RAW live].

So that's TNA giving you a bullshít figure to seem less pathetic.

Charisteas wrote: »

Up until last week TNA was the most watched wrestling programme in the UK for about four weeks running. Ypu can check the numbers here every week: http://www.barb.co.uk/report/weeklyTopProgrammes?_s=4, just scroll down to Challenge and Sky Sports.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,617 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

idk about other people but im enjoying TNA. Im loving the Sting v RVD V Anderson

I especially loved the end of last weeks show

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I'll have a check to see newer numbers.

But while I do I wanna reiterate that TNA are not beating WWE in the ratings in the UK. Their numbers for free-TV iMPACT is comparable (i.e. ~10,000 lower) than cable SmackDown and about half of cable RAW's total. [iMPACT might beat the thursday repeat of RAW, which is about 40% of the total RAW audience -- the other 60% of people either watching or DVR'ing RAW live].

So that's TNA giving you a bullshít figure to seem less pathetic.

1: You've got that completely wrong, as shown by BARB, except for the latest week.

2: In the end, who cares about UK ratings? TNA gets enough viewers to make it safe on most smaller networks.

IngazZagni wrote: »
    1: You've got that completely wrong, as shown by BARB, except for the latest week.

2: In the end, who cares about UK ratings? Just enjoy the damn show or don't watch it.

1. Oh have I now? Don't talk shít - Furnish me with figures and a source, like I've done here. rolleyes.gif

2. How cares about ratings? Charisteas asked "Are TNA still beating WWE in the UK ratings?" so I responded. I didn't say anything about TNA's product yet you've inferred that I'm bashing the product by correcting the "truth" that TNA have touted.

IngazZagni wrote: »
    2: In the end, who cares about UK ratings? TNA gets enough viewers to make it safe on most smaller networks.

I care, hence asking the question. Just out of curiosity really.

http://www.tnasylum.com/2011/04/tna-uk-impact-rating-for-week-of.html
    For the week ending March 27,2011 TNA Impact Finished in third place on Challenege this week. TNA Impact did 184,000 viewers and only two episodes of CathPhrase did better than Impact. Week ending March 20, 2011 TNA Impact did 157,000 viewers which means Impact gained 27,000 viewers than the march 20 Impact.Raw airing Live on Monday Night had 146,000 viewers, and Smackdown had 133,000 viewers.

http://www.tnasylum.com/2011/03/tna-impact-uk-ppv-rating.html
    For the week ending March 20, 2011 TNA Impact did 157,000 viewers which is 6,000 less than last week. TNA's Victory Road PPV did 157,000 viewers. WWE Raw airing Live did 156,000 viewers and WWE Smackdown did 136,000 viewers.

http://www.tnasylum.com/2011/03/tna-impact-uk-rating-week-ending-march.html
    For the week ending March 13, TNA Impact did 163,000 viewers which is 1,000 less than on the week ending that did 164,000 viewers. WWE Raw Live Monday Night did 154,000 viewers, and WWE Smackdown in its Friday timeslot did 150,000 viewers.

http://www.tnasylum.com/2011/03/uk-tna-impact-rating-for-week-ending.html
    For The Week Ending March 6, TNA Impact did 164,000 viewers. WWE Raw Live Rating did 131,000 viewers, and WWE Smackdown Late Night on Friday did 137,000 viewers.

And I don't think including replays gives an accurate number because we don't know what the Saturday iMPACT! replay does, it doesn't break the top ten but it still could've done 100,000 viewers, we don't know.

Thanks for the figures M_F!

It's impressive for iMPACT to beat SD! some weeks and the 2am RAW showings, but it's an out-and-out lie to say that iMPACT beats WWE in the UK ratings or however Dixie/TNA phrase it. That it gets more views than SmackDown but less than RAW is still a great accomplishment.

Blatant lies/interesting 'interpreting' of the facts (WWE do it all the time too) get up my nose. 94,000, brother!

Thanks for the figures M_F!

It's impressive for iMPACT to beat SD! some weeks and the 2am RAW showings, but it's an out-and-out lie to say that iMPACT beats WWE in the UK ratings or however Dixie/TNA phrase it. That it gets more views than SmackDown but less than RAW is still a great accomplishment.

Blatant lies/interesting 'interpreting' of the facts (WWE do it all the time too) get up my nose. 94,000, brother!

On the week ending March 27, iMPACT had 184,000 for first showing. Raw had 146,000 viewers for its first showing and 31,000 for Thursday night. Now what's not included is Impact's +1 viewership for Tuesday and Saturday as well as Saturday's replay which could have got anything up to 144,000. Of course if you have 5 replays you are going to get more viewers than if you only showed it once or twice. I'm saying it's unfair to judge when we don't have all the figures. SkySports listed shows down to 25,000 while challenge only listed down to 144,000, big difference!

edit:
    I care, hence asking the question. Just out of curiosity really.
    I meant it as in taking it seriously, not out of curiosity sort of thing. I misread the tone of a couple posts it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

THE TNA CRUISE!!

207869_10150159428631026_31695961025_6845259_4569896_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

CMpunked wrote: »
    THE TNA CRUISE!!

207869_10150159428631026_31695961025_6845259_4569896_n.jpg

If I can share a cabin with Velvet Sky, I'm there :D

Madison Rayne is now the longest reigning TNA Knockouts champion of all time (currently at 188 days (and odds are she'll finish there tonight)) which, considering how much they threw around that title last year, is some achievement. She recently exceeded Awesome Kong's reign of 178 days.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Madison Rayne is now the longest reigning TNA Knockouts champion of all time (currently at 188 days (and odds are she'll finish there tonight)) which, considering how much they threw around that title last year, is some achievement. She recently exceeded Awesome Kong's reign of 178 days.

Pity they can'nt change the belt it really looks terrible/cheap/flimzy

Oh damn, as soon as TNA find out that stat they'll job her out :(

Oh damn, as soon as TNA find out that stat they'll job her out :(

She should lose to Mickie tonight.

She should lose to Mickie tonight.

ah that's right, it's a hair match....lol a steel cage title match wasn't enough! :p

With a show full of cage matches you do want to do something to make some different. And even if Mickie's hair wasn't on the line tonight is the right time for Mickie to take the belt, any later and it's dragging it completely past the point where anybody cares.

What time is TNA on tonight ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Headshot wrote: »

1am

Headshot wrote: »

There's a thirty minute pre-show aswell with Devon vs. Anarquia.

Hopefully there's a satellite feed because im not watching a stream :(

• Advertisement

I'm guessing this is intentional because of Kong joining WWE. TNA don't want a WWE talent holding a longest reign record, so they probably kept the belt on Madison until she eclipsed Kong's 178 days.

Now Madison has the longest title Rayne (see what I did there?)

Advertisement