Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

The offical TNA thread - News, Spoilers and the rest...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Charisteas wrote: »
    I'm guessing this is intentional because of Kong joining WWE. TNA don't want a WWE talent holding a longest reign record, so they probably kept the belt on Madison until she eclipsed Kong's 178 days.

Now Madison has the longest title Rayne (see what I did there?)

I highly doubt its a coinsidence tna love kissing up to their masters wwe so much its nauseating.I don't think any ex wwe/ecw/wcw talent has struggled to get a push since joining tna.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Rob Van Dam participated in an interview with Stu Stone of MTV's Blowin U and discussed his tenures with ECW and WWE. He also explained why he believes he is bigger than TNA.

"It's different fun. When I was in ECW, all the major companies were jockeying for me and trying to sign me up. I was building my name up and at the same time i was using my momentum for the betterment of the company," Van Dam said.

"Now I'm a bigger star than the company actually because TNA doesn’t have the name brand recognition yet."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,566 ✭✭✭savemejebus

RVD, humble as usual. What a piece of shít.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Surely if he were bigger than the company, his presence would lead to a notable increase in the numbers. And the sad thing is I think he actually believes everything he says.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

Surely if he were bigger than the company, his presence would lead to a notable increase in the numbers. And the sad thing is I think he actually believes everything he says.

He is right tho Kurt Angle, Nash, Foley have all mentioned that they get asked "do you still wrestle" all the time numerous times in interviews. More people on the street would know what the initials RVD than TNA when it comes to Wrestling.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Rvd still living in 2003 I see what a egomaniac.You'd swear he has brought something to the table for Tna he still does the same spots only slower. This is whats wrong with Tna they allow old hasbeens come in do nothing & get pushed. Jaysus Van Dam lay off the funny fags on about the young technical guys not drawing before him & the 90's WcW acts turned up fans seen what felt like a 5 year Jeff Jarrett title reign.Go tell Dreamer to spraypaint his bald patch & sod off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

drayme wrote: »
    Kurt Angle, Nash, Foley have all mentioned that they get asked "do you still wrestle" all the time numerous times in interviews.

If that's the case, then those journalists are in the wrong profession.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

If that's the case, then those journalists are in the wrong profession.

Ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,333 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Source

Hulk Hogan addressed Desmond Wolfe's status with TNA Wrestling Friday on his Twitter account.

When asked when fans can expect Wolfe to return to television, Hogan responded, "Desmond's situation is beyond TNA's control, the ball is completely in his court."

Wolfe and Magnus were scheduled to face Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin for the TNA World Tag Team Championship at No Surrender, but were pulled from the event at the last minute, with the organization citing a "personal issue" as the reason. According to multiple sources within TNA, Wolfe was pulled from the pay-per-view event due to concerns with concussion side effects.
    His on-screen absence was explained by Magnus, who claimed that in an attempt to become
    a dual athlete, Wolfe had traveled to London to tryout for Chelsea F.C.
    Company president Dixie Carter announced on November 21, 2010 that Wolfe would be returning to television. On the December 16, 2010 edition of iMPACT!, Magnus met his former tag team partner Douglas Williams and informed him that Wolfe would be returning soon, while also telling him that they had gotten rid of Chelsea. Wolfe made his return in a non–televised segment at the December 10, 2010 iMPACT! taping when he and Magnus saved Douglas Williams from Fortune members AJ Styles and Rob Terry. The segment, however, did not air on the January 6, 2011 iMPACT telecast. Wolfe has not appeared for the organization since then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,333 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Source - The Pro Wrestling Torch

Christopher Daniels was originally scheduled to return to TNA Wrestling as the Suicide character, but plans were ultimately changed. He reached out to WWE during his hiatus from the Nashville based organization, but failed to secure a contract.
    The feeling within WWE was that he is too small, not to mention "old" as he is 40. He has continued to appear for Ring of Honor while also working for TNA Wrestling.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Source:
    Former Ring of Honor champion and TNA star Desmond Wolfe is currently working on writing a sitcom, according to Dave Meltzer. There are no plans for Wolfe to return to TNA as an active wrestler, since he has been unable to gain medical clearance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I've stopped watching impact. But is it true that three people were wearing three different TNA world titles last week?

Sigh.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I've stopped watching impact. But is it true that three people were wearing three different TNA world titles last week?

Sigh.

sting has his, Hardy (Matt) carried Jeff's old belt to the ring for a match against sting I think and iirc there is a storyline where a non champion is wearing the old TNA belt that "he found in the trash" (fairly sure Taz said that on commentary).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

there's only one belt I recognise, and that's the one Eric Young is wearing

http://www.barb.co.uk/report/weeklyTopProgrammes?_s=4
    http://www.tnasylum.com/2011/04/tna-record-uk-rating.html
    For the week ending April 17, 2011 TNA Impact scored a record rating of 192,000 viewers and came in first place on Challenge TV. Impacts Previous record was about 3 weeks go, when Impact scored 184,000 viewers. Raw airing live had 152,000 viewers. Smackdown had 143,000 viewers.

For the week ending April 17, 2011 TNA Impact scored a record rating of 192,000 viewers and came in first place on Challenge TV. Impacts Previous record was about 3 weeks go, when Impact scored 184,000 viewers. Raw airing live had 152,000 viewers. Smackdown had 143,000 viewers.

TNA! TNA! TNA!

Do ye really think there is a point in comparing IMPACT! results from a 'free' channel with Raw and Smackdown results from the extra subbed sky sports channels?

Do ye really think there is a point in comparing IMPACT! results from a 'free' channel with Raw and Smackdown results from the extra subbed sky sports channels?

Well it's something! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭mixed up

I know what you mean but challenge is not a free channel.

Yes, because any WWE fan in the UK should be subscribed to Sky Sports in order to watch Raw and Smackdown.

I don't see a problem in comparing ratings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

probably not a fair comparison, by Impact beating RAW by 40,000 is signifcant enough to show that TNA is serious competition for the ActionSoapOpera, at least in the UK

probably not a fair comparison, by Impact beating RAW by 40,000 is signifcant enough to show that TNA is serious competition for the ActionSoapOpera, at least in the UK

That number is ONLY RAW live showing at 2a.m., it doesn't include the Thursday repeat which probably adds 100,000 viewers to RAW. Bitchy sentence
    Hooray more people watched your show than stayed up until 4:15am
    . the iMPACT repeat might have 10,000 viewers? Maybe?
    Every time I hear "iMPACT beats RAW in the ratings" I have a mini-aneurysm!

That number is ONLY RAW live showing at 2a.m., it doesn't include the Thursday repeat which probably adds 100,000 viewers to RAW. Bitchy sentence
    Hooray more people watched your show than stayed up until 4:15am
    . the iMPACT repeat might have 10,000 viewers? Maybe?
    Every time I hear "iMPACT beats RAW in the ratings" I have a mini-aneurysm!

Or the replay could have 116,000 viewers. We just don't know. So the best direct comparison is taking the most watched airing of each. And I don't think you're 4:15 argument holds any water because it's always far and away the most watch airing of Raw every week (and naturally the more replays you have the more the show is going to be watched by default). Clearly the majority of people that watch Raw on Sky watch it on Monday. I don't know why you simply refuse to accept that iMPACT! is the most popular wrestling show in the UK because any fair comparison shows it is.

More people watch Sky Sports than Challenge in general so not really.

Yes, because any WWE fan in the UK should be subscribed to Sky Sports in order to watch Raw and Smackdown.

I don't see a problem in comparing ratings.

Well apart from less legitimate means of watching Raw and Smackdown what choice does a WWE fan in the UK or Ireland have?

You are comparing ratings for a show on a channel that is bundled with all sky subs with a channel that costs €€ extra per month to watch, if someone doesn't have sky sports but wants to watch some wrestling it's not like they have a choice over IMPACT! and challenge. Eurosport's old japanese and mexican wrestling shows would probably get the same ratings if in a similar spot.

More people watch Sky Sports than Challenge in general so not really.

Yes, for soccer, cricket etc.

It is a pointless comparison, like saying

"Wow 40 million people watched Battle Beyond the Stars on tv last night while only 8 million went to Thor at the cinema. Thor got beaten bad:pac:"

And how likely is it that iMPACT repeat does 116,000 viewers? Is it likely that both iMPACTs combined do better than both RAWs combined? Not a chance.

Since iMPACT is on at a decent hour it's incredibly unlikely that the repeat does comparable numbers. Having to stay up until 4:15am takes a massive chunk out of people who watch the live show and TNA skew that number. I'm shocked that more people watch RAW live tbh.

I think only fair way to judge the "most popular show" is how many total viewers a show gets each week. It's impressive that iMPACT does the number it does -- i.e. beats smackdown -- that's huge! :eek: But it is not close to the total number who watch RAW in the UK.

It's like me saying "NXT is the most popular wrestling show in the UK.............[*at 1:30am on Fridays]". Or maybe TNA could take it that Xplosion does better than 'this week in WWE' and call that a victory over the entire WWE. Maybe this slanting to suit the opinion, i'm as biased towards WWE as you are of TNA.

Anyway, TNA does not black-and-white beat WWE in the ratings. The first run iMPACT beats the 2am showing of RAW is all we can say for sure. Not "TNA beats WWE in the ratings".

I hate how Dixie and the IWC interpret and promote the premise of the last two sentences as the same. They're very different.

And how likely is it that iMPACT repeat does 116,000 viewers? Is it likely that both iMPACTs combined do better than both RAWs combined? Not a chance.

Since iMPACT is on at a decent hour it's incredibly unlikely that the repeat does comparable numbers. Having to stay up until 4:15am takes a massive chunk out of people who watch the live show and TNA skew that number. I'm shocked that more people watch RAW live tbh.

I think only fair way to judge the "most popular show" is how many total viewers a show gets each week. It's impressive that iMPACT does the number it does -- i.e. beats smackdown -- that's huge! :eek: But it is not close to the total number who watch RAW in the UK.

It's like me saying "NXT is the most popular wrestling show in the UK.............[*at 1:30am on Fridays]". Or maybe TNA could take it that Xplosion does better than 'this week in WWE' and call that a victory over the entire WWE. Maybe this slanting to suit the opinion, i'm as biased towards WWE as you are of TNA.

Anyway, TNA does not black-and-white beat WWE in the ratings. The first run iMPACT beats the 2am showing of RAW is all we can say for sure. Not "TNA beats WWE in the ratings".

I hate how Dixie and the IWC interpret and promote the premise of the last two sentences as the same. They're very different.

I would've thought the fairest comparison would be the two iMPACT! airings vs. the top two Raw airings because Raw would win by default other wise due to being shown more often. You'd be surprised how well the iMPACT! replays do, they always did pretty well on Bravo (even old iMPACT!'s from 2008/9 tended to do about 50,000 viewers).

I don't think the 2am argument holds much credibility since a lot more people watch then than through replays (plus from what I understand these numbers include those that record it aswell). If more people watched the replay than the live showing then I'd agree but that isn't anywhere near being the case. Until we ever get the number the iMPACT! replay does, the most fair comparison is the most viewed showings of each head to head which iMPACT! consistently comes out on top of. Without all the information there's no fairer comparison and no way to truly know (and when it comes to what TNA put out, I assume they know what numbers that replay does).

A technicality wrapped in a mystery keeps TNA with their "highest ratings" B.S... Even if TNA got 50,000 viewers on repeat the combined ratings would be lower than RAW's combined ratings.

We're at an impasse anyway :rolleyes: hopefully some news about replays will come out sooner than later. Even if TNA beat RAW in the ratings (which would do nothing but good for WWE) I'd like to have this settled :)

• Advertisement

What day/time does the two main Impact airings air in the UK every week? And I know that Raw is live at 2am/monday, but what time/day is the replay aired?

Advertisement