Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

The offical TNA thread - News, Spoilers and the rest...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

Just like the legenthy absences and subsequent returns of Rob Van Dam, Ric Flair, Scott Hall, Sting, and of course Hulk Hogan led to TNA's amazing successes over the last year and a half..

i take it your using the term amazing success quite sarcastically

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

jmolloy wrote: »
    i take it your using the term amazing success quite sarcastically

media_httpfarm5static_vIlmC.jpg.scaled500.jpg

Are you kidding? This baby is off the charts, mmmhay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Initial intrigue.

Maybe those 10 fans who care or remember who Chyna is will stick around and continue to watch TNA..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Dammit people, now this topic has brought back a very bad image of her and X-Pac that I had worked very, VERY hard to get rid of...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

jmolloy wrote: »
    seems to be just Impact.

Ooh another Dig at WWE! Fair play lads!:pac::rolleyes:

But at least they are differentiating themselves from them, I just wish they would ditch the 90's storylines... That Era is long gone and buried!
    Dammit people, now this topic has brought back a very bad image of her and X-Pac that I had worked very, VERY hard to get rid of...

One night in Chyna? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Maybe those 10 fans who care or remember who Chyna is will stick around and continue to watch TNA..

Do you not understand the word initial? As in at first. Chyna was quite popular 10 years ago and she's done no wrestling since so there will be that initial intrigue which will wane when the novelty and nostalgia wears off.

The most annoying part of TNA bringing in worthless relics from WWE's past is that all they do is complain and talk about the success they used to have in WWE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Do you not understand the word initial? As in at first. Chyna was quite popular 10 years ago and she's done no wrestling since so there will be that initial intrigue which will wane when the novelty and nostalgia wears off.

Obviously i understand the meaning of the word initial, i just dont understand why anyone would justify TNA using Chyna in 2011. And clearly there'll be absolutely no spike in ratings(which at the end of the day, is all TNA and SPIKE TV care about) just like no other Wrestling Dinosaur from the 90's have done for TNA..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,617 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

What is she like these days? Last time I seen her she looked in some state

Headshot wrote: »
    What is she like these days? Last time I seen her she looked in some state

From what I remember, she's got so much plastic surgery and lost a lot of weight, she actually looks 'normal'. Of course it's a million miles away from what she looked like starting in WWF in 97.

I just googled her. She looks nothing like the pic I saw a few months ago. (where she looked like a regular person)

1yanxlxuyk8kkykl.jpg

• Advertisement

Obviously i understand the meaning of the word initial, i just dont understand why anyone would justify TNA using Chyna in 2011. And clearly there'll be absolutely no spike in ratings(which at the end of the day, is all TNA and SPIKE TV care about) just like no other Wrestling Dinosaur from the 90's have done for TNA..

But she's the best fit for the role and she'll mean infinitely more than the NXT woman. That's all I was saying.

reckon foley was quite instrumental in getting her in, always had good things to say about her in his books

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

WHYYY not get a young, hot, up and coming female to be angles mistress instead of an old, beat up hack of a woman?
    She turned away from wrestling years ago and was respected by me for going to raise her family.
    my gawd this is just idiotic at this stage!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,037 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Don't WWE own the rights to the name Chyna?

Afaik, her real name is now offically Chyna Doll, so I guess the fact it is legit her real name could help there...

might be a christian cage type thing, she was using chyna doll in japan as far i know. don't see wwe getting too upset over it anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

WWE were blocking her from using it from when she left to up to the late 00's. Maybe they let the trademark lapse and Joanie took it back.
    Afaik, her real name is now offically Chyna Doll, so I guess the fact it is legit her real name could help there...

Doesnt work that way ask Warrior Warrior

Yep, she changed her name to chyna.
    So she can use it as much as she wants now.

I'm shocked to see that apparently Chyna does. WWF was her first wrestling gig and are usually on top of these things.
    CMpunked wrote: »
    Yep, she changed her name to chyna. So she can use it as much as she wants now.

I'm fairly sure it doesn't work like that. James Hellwig tried to change his name to The Ultimate Warrior so he could continue using the name in Pro-Wrestling and had to relent as he'd still be sued.

However since TNA are using Chyna, I'd assume that she somehow has rights use to the name. Maybe she registered it right after WWF used it! (Much like Austin should've done lol)

But surely as she has already legally changed her name to Chyna she is allowed to be called chyna?
    http://www.aolcdn.com/tmz_documents/1107_chyna_wm.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

CMpunked wrote: »
    But surely as she has already legally changed her name to Chyna she is allowed to be called chyna?
    http://www.aolcdn.com/tmz_documents/1107_chyna_wm.pdf

Think about this, dude seriously.

If I change my name to Dunne. I cant just go out and open a Dunnes Stores.

Again read up the WWE/Ultimate Warrior case.

drayme wrote: »
    Again read up the WWE/Ultimate Warrior case.

I did.
    Wiki

I get that situation and all, but chyna isnt going to go and open a "Chyna Stores" to reference your point.
    Maybe we should expect a Self destruction of the 9th wonder of the world soon. :P

Mick Foley has a bunch of stuff from his career up for auction including the shirt he wore during HIAC and the Cactus Jack Leopard boots: http://shop.ebay.com/pickels01/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25

Sigh:
    Impact-Wrestling.jpg
    Source
    Hulk Hogan via his Twitter account:

“No TNA. only IMPACT. HH”

TNA will now be referred to as Impact Wrestling, as of 5/12.

There seems to be conflicting reports regarding whether it's the entire company or just the TV show being renamed. The way it looks like it's being presented on TV it would make no sense that the entire company was renamed plus it would be a little silly to rename the company with the likes of a TNA mobile game coming out soon.

I can't see people chanting "iMPACT! iMPACT!" but "TNA" was very chantable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Mick Foley has a bunch of stuff from his career up for auction including the shirt he wore during HIAC and the Cactus Jack Leopard boots: http://shop.ebay.com/pickels01/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25

Bid on one of his original Mankind ring worn wristbands last night but the price has skyrocketed unfortunately!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,375 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Ya the promo was, fair enough. But the night he returned, they completely ripped off The Rock guest host thing with the lights and everything. TNA have far superior wrestlers to WWE. They don't have to copy them.

And ya, Chyna and Jarrett did have a feud in WWE.

Tired of reading that stuff now.

When did Bryan Danielson, Mistico and CM Punk go to TNA?

Must have been around the same time as HHH, The Undertaker, Matt Sydal, Rey Mysterio Jr, Jack Swagger, Christian (I could go on) etc moved.

Your are right when you say TNA don't have to copy WWE but you are wrong to say they have FAR superior wrestlers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Tna had some roster there a few years ago but its been infested by hopeless washed up talents.Now i'm constantly relying on the incredible Kurt Angle & genuinely phenomenal AJ Styles to have the good matches.Pity Samoa Joe has lost all his motivation as Tna has yet to suck it entirely out of Angle/Aj at least not yet anyway.

• Advertisement

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I can't see people chanting "iMPACT! iMPACT!" but "TNA" was very chantable.

Wow, I hadn't even thought of the effect it would have on those chants. Thanks be to God for the name change then...

Advertisement