Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

The offical TNA thread - News, Spoilers and the rest...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Tired of reading that stuff now.

When did Bryan Danielson, Mistico and CM Punk go to TNA?

Must have been around the same time as HHH, The Undertaker, Matt Sydal, Rey Mysterio Jr, Jack Swagger, Christian (I could go on) etc moved.

Your are right when you say TNA don't have to copy WWE but you are wrong to say they have FAR superior wrestlers.

I think AJ, Kurt and Daniels are better than everyone you mentioned but each to their own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

jaykhunter wrote: »
    The most annoying part of TNA bringing in worthless relics from WWE's past is that all they do is complain and talk about the success they used to have in WWE.

TNA having guys talking about the WWE just emphasizes how it is the B-league.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

http://twitter.com/jeffjarretttna
    Impact...it's now Impact Wrestling. RT @SeanWWETNAfan: @JeffJarrettTNA has TNA been renamed or only impact?

Jarrett confirms that it's iMPACT! being renamed not TNA.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭sliotor

A339_newslet_normal.jpg @anglefoods1 Kurt Angle

I am signing a 3 1/2 Guarantee Contract with Tna. I will be compensated Higher than Wwe. I am Proud to be in Tna. Thank You Dixie!!!

A339_newslet_normal.jpg @anglefoods1 Kurt Angle

Also thanks to Tna for allowing Me to go for Olympics. Impact Wrestling is the the Best. Believe it or not!!!!

Looks like angle is staying with TNA.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,375 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Why is his Twitter called anglefoods?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Why is his Twitter called anglefoods?

It's his company

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

When is he/did he go to the Olympics? Bar 1996 of course..:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

CMpunked wrote: »
    When is he/did he go to the Olympics? Bar 1996 of course..:pac:

He's trying to take part on the American wrestling team for the London Olympics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

I've only gotten back into WWE recently and haven't watched TNA at all.

Should I like it? From the little bits I've seen and read they do seem to be making good feuds and having good matches.

Eire-Dearg wrote: »

Should I like it? From the little bits I've seen and read they do seem to be making good feuds and having good matches.

Wrestling wise I like it. A hell of a lot more than I would the usual wwe wrestling action soap opera.
    In saying that the feuds and storylines can feel a little recycled as such.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,333 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Eire-Dearg wrote: »

They have a heel/face turn nearly every week it is hard to keep up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I hope Kurt goes to London, I really really do, for two dreams:

Dream 1) JJ runs in the middle of his match with a chair and smacks him across his back, just to try promote TNA and see the outrage from the media.

Dream 2) Since his buddies will no doubt come along to support Kurt, I'd love for there to be a bad call from the ref, just for Ric Flair to go nuts in the crowd. Imagine it, the middle of the olympics and Flair runs out from the crowd, tossing his jacket on the floor and giving it an elbow drop while getting in the refs face. It would be the single greatest event in the history of mankind. Our children will ask us "Where were you when Ric Flair made the London Olympics the greatest of all time?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Really? I didnt think he would be up to anywhere near the standard needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,333 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I hope Kurt goes to London, I really really do, for two dreams:

Dream 1) JJ runs in the middle of his match with a chair and smacks him across his back, just to try promote TNA and see the outrage from the media.

Dream 2) Since his buddies will no doubt come along to support Kurt, I'd love for there to be a bad call from the ref, just for Ric Flair to go nuts in the crowd. Imagine it, the middle of the olympics and Flair runs out from the crowd, tossing his jacket on the floor and giving it an elbow drop while getting in the refs face. It would be the single greatest event in the history of mankind. Our children will ask us "Where were you when Ric Flair made the London Olympics the greatest of all time?"

Plus make Flair bleed somehow we need to see blood running through his dyed blonde hair :p

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Plus make Flair bleed somehow we need to see blood running through his dyed blonde hair :p

"Who do you think you are ref? That's Kurt Angle, WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! He is the second greatest wrestler in the history of the world brother, after me, "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair, WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

"Sir, can I ask you to please move back to your seat?"

"WOOOOOO!!! Don't talk to me like that brother, WOOOOOOOOO!!!!" At this stage the jacket comes off and he just keeps saying wooo while doing it, "I'll put you in the figure four you punk and teach you what wrestling is all about, WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" He would then elbow drop the jacket and then blade.

"WOOOOO!!! I'm so angry brother about that call I'm bleeding out hatred from my face brother, WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

"Alright sir, alright. USA, two points."

"Cool man cheers, that's all I wanted."

:cool: Someone get Flair to the Olympics.

TNA need The Salpa to shake things up :pac:

abyss4_682x500_849417a.jpg

Is that not just more deluded rantings? He has been known to say, ahem, interesting things in interviews. I'd be surprised if he still was physically up to that standard.

http://www.barb.co.uk/report/weeklyTopProgrammes?_s=4
    The first showing of iMPACT! for the week ending May 1st did 200,000 with the Saturday replay doing 121,000 (321,000 combined). The first showing of Raw did 128,000 with a Friday replay doing 51,000 (179,000 combined) and the first showing of Smackdown did 135,000 with a replay doing 34,000 (169,000 combined) so we can now categorically say by a very, very large margin that iMPACT! is the most watched wrestling TV show in the UK.

Vinny won't be happy about that!
    They are some staggering numbers for impact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

http://www.barb.co.uk/report/weeklyTopProgrammes?_s=4
    The first showing of iMPACT! for the week ending May 1st did 200,000 with the Saturday replay doing 121,000 (321,000 combined). The first showing of Raw did 128,000 with a Friday replay doing 51,000 (179,000 combined) and the first showing of Smackdown did 135,000 with a replay doing 34,000 (169,000 combined) so we can now categorically say by a very, very large margin that iMPACT! is the most watched wrestling TV show in the UK.

TNA! TNA! TNA!

16bgcuw.jpg

• Advertisement

The only thing is Raw isn't on a free network. I wonder what the difference in numbers would be if it was.

The only thing is Raw isn't on a free network. I wonder what the difference in numbers would be if it was.

I don't think that makes too much difference. The average daily reach of Sky Sports is 1.7 million people whereas it's only 1 million for Challenge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

The only thing is Raw isn't on a free network.

This needs to be a sticky at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭partyndbs

:rolleyes:

they draw more than wwe does in uk, will u get over it and stop being a ****ing wwe fanboy.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭mixed up

Why do all the wwe fans come out with this crap about challenge being a free channel?Tna gets more viewers in the uk than wwe deal with it.I can't believe wwe fans get challenge for free when i have to pay a monthly sub to get it :rolleyes:

i dont even watch tna but it annoys me so much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

partyndbs wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

they draw more than wwe does in uk, will u get over it and stop being a ****ing wwe fanboy.

It has nothing to do with being a fanboy, it merely involves looking at the factors which can influence a rating.

Raw's main showing is at 2am on a Monday night, I'd imagine most older fans would have college/work in the morning and wouldn't stay up for it, plus the Raw replay is on Friday night, a night when lots of people head out, in particular in this case as it was the Friday of the royal wedding.

Impact on the other hand, airs at a much more manageable 10pm on a Tuesday night, with a Saturday replay.

Then you must also factor in the whole free network vs paid tv which again could boost TNA's ratings or be detrimental to Raw's.

This is coming from someone who would be more of a TNA fan btw ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭mixed up

Then you must also factor in the whole free network vs paid tv which again could boost TNA's ratings or be detrimental to Raw's.[/QUOTE]

I don't know where you come up wih this crap challenge is not a free channel.

Where the "WWE fanboy" comments directed at me?

Really???

Jesus I'm far from being a WWE fanboy, I give out about the WWEs product just as much as TNAs, but I give both the same amount of praise when it warrents it.

The fact is the only reason TNA gets higher ratings is because it's on a free to air network. Those numbers won''t just be from TNA fans, it'll be kids channel hopping and think "Oooh, wrestling" or because there is nothing else on. If Raw was on the same channel I would say their ratings would be huge and surpass TNAs.

I'm not trying to say that it would be ****e that TNA beats WWE in the ratings, far from it. I just think the reason TNA get's a higher rating than WWE is because it's free to watch, not because it's TNA.

• Advertisement

whatever its irrelevant. the fact that tna is even in the same bracket as wwe in the uk is either a credit to tna or a bad inditement of the wwes decline...i think its a bit of both

Advertisement