Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

The offical TNA thread - News, Spoilers and the rest...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Charisteas wrote: »
    If you're a gambling man and want a chance of making some money, you could go to www.ImpactWrestling.com , purchase the domain from GoDaddy for $69.99, then send an e-mail to TNA HQ offering them the chance to buy it from you, you could earn a few quid :cool:
    CMpunked wrote: »
    Or sell it to vince mcmahon just to piss them off for the fun of it.

Lost opportunity there, TNA have bought this domain as it now directs to http://www.tnawrestling.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

GTR63 wrote: »

I'm surprised they wouldn't say Joe (as the other half of the worst feud of the year) since Pope has previous WWE exposure. Big missed opportunity with both these guys. Sigh. :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,329 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

GTR63 wrote: »
    Thank god they still have such big show stoppers as Hulk, Flair and Bully Ray still on the rooster though...

Possibility of a return to wwe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

CMpunked wrote: »
    Possibility of a return to wwe?

He recently got a degree in criminal justice. He may be switching careers altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

pissed off with that i have to say - loved the pope - altough his heel run sucked balls - but as the cool cocky face he was brilliant.

jesus will they not be happy till they run everybody of use or talent out of tna?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

The ambiguity of what he said makes me lean towards a swerve (especially considering the history of wrestlers on Twitter).

• Advertisement

TNA have began launching their Wrestling Matters campaign with a series of videos at the link below featuring RVD, Flair, Foley, Angle, Roode, Morgan, Mickie, Dreamer, Pope, Joe and Angle:
    http://www.tnawrestling.com/news/item/2655-Videos-Why-Wrestling-Matters-To-Mick-Foley,-Kurt-Angle,-RVD-And-Many-More

http://www.barb.co.uk/report/weeklyTopProgrammes?_s=4
    iMPACT! was watched by 244,000 in the UK for the week ending May 8th, which significantly broke their previous record viewership of 200,000.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Sources: PWInsider.com, Prowrestling.net

TNA Wrestling have purchased a series of billboards in the Stamford, CT area to promote the rebranding of the Impact Wrestling series on Spike TV with the "Wrestling Matters Again" tag line. One of the billboards is a block away from the WWE Headquarters. WWE.com editor Craig Tello at one point posted a photo of the billboard on his Twitter account, but later removed it. His tweet said, "Just saw a #TNA billboard in Stamford on the train to work @WWE. They re-booking the Invasion angle? #IWantWrestling...to stop recycling."

WWE.com editor Craig Tello at one point posted a photo of the billboard on his Twitter account, but later removed it.

This is the photo

index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=372

iMPACT! was watched by 244,000 in the UK for the week ending May 8th, which significantly broke their previous record viewership of 200,000.

That is frigging awesome.

Not trying to start another ratings war here, but it's certainly worth mentioning that single showing of iMPACT gained more viewers than THREE airings of WWE RAW combined.

The live Raw did 135k, Thursday repeat did 67k, and a Monday morning repeat did 31k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,617 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Im loving Tna these days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Charisteas wrote: »
    That is frigging awesome.

Not trying to start another ratings war here, but it's certainly worth mentioning that single showing of iMPACT gained more viewers than THREE airings of WWE RAW combined.

The live Raw did 135k, Thursday repeat did 67k, and a Monday morning repeat did 31k.

and they beat Raw & Smackdown's first showings combined too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

This post best highlighted why TNA and WWE's ratings in the UK cannot be compared in a like-for-like manner.
    jmolloy wrote: »
    challenge is also available in the uk on freeview .As of 2010, 77% of the UK population can receive the full Freeview service, with more able to receive some channels before digital switchover and all channels after Coverage is being increased as digital switchover takes place across the UK.Ofcom estimates that the coverage level of the freeview multiplexes will reach 98.5% of the population (the same as analogue television) of the population once the digital switchover has been completed in 2012 which gives it a lot more audience reach than wwe

People need to remember we are talking about UK ratings, so how we in Ireland receive Sky Sports and Challenge does not matter. Challenge is available to far more people in the UK than Sky Sports.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

the Saturday night repeat did 121,000 btw
    that's more any of the smackdown airings, and only 14,000 short of the Monday night airing of Raw

the Saturday night repeat did 121,000 btw

Where'd you get that number?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Angle on the Jeff Hardy incident at the end of the Victory Road PPV: "That was an unfortunate situation where I think Jeff realizes it now. Whatever he did...this is something that’s been talked about many times. Jeff made a mistake. If he was going to take any form of, let’s say, sleep medication... he probably should’ve waited an hour before he did that. Jeff made a bad decision and he’s learned from it.

"Jeff has been clean for the last month and he wants to come back and he’s ready to come back and I believe that he won’t make that mistake it again. But it did happen. I felt really bad. I felt bad for TNA, I felt bad for Jeff, I felt bad for the company. Jeff Hardy is an amazing wrestler. I have nothing bad to say about him, actually I love the kid. I wrestled Jeff at his best and I wrestled Jeff at his worst, and it’s night and day."

Note from TNAWrestlingNews.com: Keep in mind that this is Kurt Angle we're talking about. We have a hard time believing that Jeff is clean but if he is - congratulations. Let's hope he comes back healthier than ever.

http://www.tnawrestlingnews.com/headlines/307584825.shtml
    TNA sent out the following today:

Preview This Thursday's IMPACT WRESTLING Broadcast On SpikeTV At 9/8c

This Thursday on IMPACT WRESTLING at 9/8c on SpikeTV, it's the aftermath from Sunday's Sacrifice Pay-Per-View event as the road to the June 12 Slammiversary epic event begins! Can't watch IMPACT WRESTLING on Thursday? Make sure to set your DVR to record it!

On Sunday night, Sting retained the World Heavyweight Championship against Rob Van Dam - and now Sting must defend the gold against Mr. Anderson at June's Slammiversary! What does Mr. Anderson have planned for Sting this Thursday? Sunday's Sacrifice ended with Anderson claiming he has something in store for Sting on Thursday's broadcast on SpikeTV.

Has Kurt Angle finally won his war against The Jarretts after he and Chyna beat them on Sunday night at Sacrifice? Tune in Thursday night for the latest!

Plus, Mick Foley is the new Network Consultant, and he's promised more changes coming to IMPACT WRESTLING this Thursday night! What does Foley have in mind after last week's big announcement? Tune in and find out!

All this and much more on Thursday's IMPACT WRESTLING - plus news on Slammiversary as TNA celebrates 9 years of action!

http://www.tnawrestlingnews.com/headlines/307582801.shtml

holy god, that's very impressive. Well done TNA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Looking forward to watching Impact and Sacrifice this week!

Could foley bringing back the return of the 6th sided ring?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

No comment

i'm glad somebody's enjoying TNA :)

I'm looking forward to it too.
    Tna is slowly getting better.

Desmond Wolfe returned as commissioner of Xplosion at the iMPACT! tapings.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

And also (Major spoilers)
    Abyss is the new X Division Champion

• Advertisement

And also (Major spoilers)
    Abyss is the new X Division Champion

Eh.. Wha?!

Advertisement