Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

The offical TNA thread - News, Spoilers and the rest...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

It actually makes
    Abyss the second ever TNA Grand Slam champion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Source:

Another new title/tournament for TNA:
    At last night's taping, TNA started a tournament for the first-ever Xplosion championship with the idea that the champion would be able to challenge any champion on Impact.

In the opening match of the tournament,
    Pope Dinero defeated Suicide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Source and source
    According to Dave Meltzer, Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff are in favor on TNA dropping the name altogether while the promotion re-brands. Hogan apparently doesn't believe people take the name seriously in meetings.
    While we don't have any specific numbers, TNA's two biggest PPV events for 2010 appear to have been Bound for Glory and Hardcore Justice. Dave Meltzer reports that Bound for Glory generated over 30,000 PPV buys. Hardcore Justice did in the neighborhood of 20,000 buys, while most of the remaining 2010 PPV generated between 8,000 to 15,000 buys per show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Looking forward to watching Impact and Sacrifice this week!

I look forward to watching Impact every week, it's been pretty good the last couple of weeks and it actually doesn't seem like a chore to sit through it like Raw has been since WrestleMania.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭mixed up

I really like tna but can somebody please explain whats the deal with sangriento we all know its amazing red?

• Advertisement

mixed up wrote: »
    I really like tna but can somebody please explain whats the deal with sangriento we all know its amazing red?

TNA's attempt at Sin Cara (except Sangriento botches less spots;)). At least it's gotten Red a better reaction than he has had since he returned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,617 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

attachment.php?attachmentid=145907&d=1305672129

I think its a mistake leaving the TNA brand

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

And another title switch...
    Eric Young won the TV title last night

Dave Meltzer is reporting that although the final numbers have yet to come in, it appears that Bound For Glory and Hardcore Justice were the top 2 purchased PPV events in TNA last year. Early number have Bound For Glory doing about 30,000 buys, with Hardcore Justice doing about 20,000 buys. The rest of the TNA events in 2010 did anywhere from 8,000-15,000 buys per show.

Wrestlezone.com

To compare, when WWE does 150,000, they panic....

As a more reasonable comparison, WWE get roughly 5% of the Raw audience to buy their average PPV (obviously it's significantly more for WrestleMania) while TNA get roughly 1% (slightly below) of the iMPACT! audience to buy theirs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

yeah TNA need to drop their PPV prices to get any decent buy rates

but at least they're Number 1 in the UK :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

As a more reasonable comparison, WWE get roughly 5% of the Raw audience to buy their average PPV (obviously it's significantly more for WrestleMania) while TNA get roughly 1% (slightly below) of the iMPACT! audience to buy theirs.

Yeah, the ratio is pretty bad for TNA.

That said, in the UK their PPV numbers are pretty much 100% of those who watch the weekly show. So that's something! :)

They need to drop the # of PPVs/year but sure i've been saying that since....well since i've been watching TNA :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Yeah, the ratio is pretty bad for TNA.

That said, in the UK their PPV numbers are pretty much 100% of those who watch the weekly show. So that's something! :)

They need to drop the # of PPVs/year but sure i've been saying that since....well since i've been watching TNA :p

Thats true, they do.
    As much as people used to give out about the frequently of wwe ppvs, tna seems to be using one ppv to promote the next one on a constant basis.

Always love these articles...

A closer look at Dixie Carter
    http://www.cagesideseats.com/2011/5/18/2177424/a-closer-look-at-tna-president-dixie-carter

That's a mini thesis, it's looks like the usual unnamed source said bad stuff slander nonsense?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

That's a mini thesis, it's looks like the usual unnamed source said bad stuff slander nonsense?

Wow commenting on something that you havent read. :rolleyes:

Anyway it is a really good article if you read it.

TNA's new mobile game is available in the App Store for 3.99. Info here: http://www.tnawrestling.com/news/item/2646-Coming-May-19-The-New-TNA-Mobile-Video-Game-From-Namco-Bandai

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,617 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

TNA's new mobile game is available in the App Store for 3.99. Info here: http://www.tnawrestling.com/news/item/2646-Coming-May-19-The-New-TNA-Mobile-Video-Game-From-Namco-Bandai

Wonder does it come with stoned Hardy :D

Its only authentic if 3 out of 5 matches end in a run in/dq finish

Destination X Poster (notice the two extra things on either side of the ring;)):
    225212_10150189483031026_31695961025_7128403_3593983_n.jpg

• Advertisement

About time :D

Forward to the Past?

Jesus, even they admit it's WCW2011 :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Awesome. Fair play TNA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

i wonder does that mean they are going to use that stupid death trap of a cage?

how many wrestlers does it take nearly killing themselves in it to get them to abandon it?

i actually kinda liked the 6 sided ring but its a much of a muchness - you reckon its just a mistake or are they going back to it?

I'd say they might use it once a year for the X-Division PPV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

ayatollah wrote: »
    i wonder does that mean they are going to use that stupid death trap of a cage?

how many wrestlers does it take nearly killing themselves in it to get them to abandon it?

i actually kinda liked the 6 sided ring but its a much of a muchness - you reckon its just a mistake or are they going back to it?

It's a one night deal I assume. It gives the PPV an extra edge and unique style. Also the X-Division is more associated with the 6 sides and this is a big X-Division PPV.

I always thought it would be a good idea to bring back the 6-sides for a night each year. I thought if they did it, it would have been at Slammi' but Destination X makes sense too.

http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/TNA_News_1/article_50202.shtml
    PWTorch has learned that Terry Taylor was fired from his duties as head of TNA's talent relations on Friday.

In a company-wide statement, TNA announced that Dean Broadhead will oversee the contractual end of talent relations. Former WWE executive Bruce Prichard will handle Taylor's other duties.

Taylor had been with the company with 2003 in a management role and served as head of talent relations for the majority of TNA's existence.

Wonder how much this has to do with the likes of the Daffney situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Maybe TNA are looking to do some sort of an angle with Team 'Impact Wrestling' led by Mick Foley and wanting to use a 6-sided ring / original WHC belt, versus Team 'TNA' led by Hulk Hogan and wanting to use a 4-sided ring and Jeff Hardy's belt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

please don't bring back the 6 sider permanently

• Advertisement

please don't bring back the 6 sider permanently

You rather TNA without?

Advertisement