Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

The offical TNA thread - News, Spoilers and the rest...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I hope they add Joe & Kaz to the main event; I'm not looking forward to Joe/Kaz and the way he was brushed aside from that bald indy-lookin' guy was just so sad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

It looks like the July 14th edition of Impact could be almost like a televised PPV, due to the fact that a lot of the roster won't feature on the Destination X PPV.

This is a similar concept to 'The Whole F'N Show' free televised Impact PPV they had last year when they ran the ECW Hardcore Justice PPV instead of a regular TNA PPV.

Already booked for the July 14th Impact is Madison Rayne Vs Tara, and Sting Vs Anderson for the TNA World Championship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Going to be in the US for Money in the Bank,Raw and Smackdown in the 2nd week of July putting a plan together to get to Destination X too looks like it's going to be epic

EdK wrote: »
    Going to be in the US for Money in the Bank,Raw and Smackdown in the 2nd week of July putting a plan together to get to Destination X too looks like it's going to be epic

Cool man, take some photos for us!

Will do,can't wait

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

GTR will ya copy and paste the contents of the news article too? So we don't have to go off-site to read it? Cheers :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,329 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

jaykhunter wrote: »
    GTR will ya copy and paste the contents of the news article too? So we don't have to go off-site to read it? Cheers :)
    IMPACT WRESTLING GOING ON THE ROAD EVERY OTHER WEEK STARTING IN AUGUST, SAYS THE HULKSTER
    By Mike Johnson on 2011-06-27 10:14:02
    On his Twitter account, Hulk Hogan wrote the following:

"Getting ready for 2days of IMPACT tapings in Oorlando,can't wait till August and we start going on the road every other taping."

There had been talks off and on with SpikeTV about more tapings on the road but this would be the first indication that those plans are indeed set in stone.

Great news if they do go on the road. I hate "impact wrestling" being in the impact zone every week - The crowd is terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

So career midcarder Devon is getting da push :eek:

Also RVD was doing X-Division style matches before Jerry Lynn? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

-Destination X Preview: AJ Styles vs Rob Van Dam vs Christopher Daniels vs Jerry Lynn in a 4 Corners Match
    prevv1.jpg

-Bound For Glory Series Match: Bobby Roode vs Crimson
    prevv2.jpg

-Bound For Glory Series Match: Matt Morgan and James Storm vs The Pope and Devon
    prevv2a.jpg

-Handicap Match: Velvet Sky vs ODB and Jackie
    prevv3.jpg

-Plus, IMMORTAL gives World Heavyweight Champion Mr. Anderson an ultimatum - and will the maniacal Sting be watching?

-Three more X-Division wrestlers compete for a spot in the Four Way at Destination X

That Four Way should be awesome.

Yeah the four-way will be awesome. Can anyone see anyone other than Crimson winning the B4G series?

Charisteas wrote: »
    Yeah the four-way will be awesome. Can anyone see anyone other than Crimson winning the B4G series?

I doubt he'll end up going all the way, Roode would be my pick.

I doubt he'll end up going all the way, Roode would be my pick.

My money is still on Crimson, but I guess if they want someone else to win the series but still keeping Crimson's undefeated streak in tact, they can just pair him in tag-team matches and just have his tag partner making the pin-fall.

I just can't see Roode beating Crimson next week though.

My money is still on Crimson, but I guess if they want someone else to win the series but still keeping Crimson's undefeated streak in tact, they can just pair him in tag-team matches and just have his tag partner making the pin-fall.

I just can't see Roode beating Crimson next week though.

I don't see them trusting Crimson with the main event of the biggest show of the year quite yet, Roode is a much more reliable hand and it's his time aswell (and the story of Roode coming from behind due a bad start because of his injury would be a good story). Crimson will probably be up there and will probably be in the Four Way at No Surrender but I doubt he'll actually win it.

On the BFG Series itself, I really like the concept, it gives people something to keep track of, makes each win and loss much more important, ties in the Live Events with the TV product and gives whoever wins and headlines Bound For Glory tons of momentum and credibility. It's even encouraged me to buy a TNA on Demand subscription (they're putting some of the house show matches online), which for a little under 10 euro was tremendous value for a six month subscription.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Devon teamed up with Pope? is he turning heel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,325 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'm hoping it is Morgan

Pope has helped Devon when he was getting beat on a few weeks ago on Explosion (i think by british invasion by don't remember) and Devon's family seem to like Pope, doubt Devon is turning heel I think they are still building up to a feud between the two.

http://www.barb.co.uk/report/weeklyTopProgrammes?_s=4
    For the week ending June 26th, the Tuesday iMPACT! Wrestling did 193,000 on Challenge with Xplosion registering for the first time doing 111,000.

They seem to setting up Pope turning face but you never know where they could go.

• Advertisement

I could swear it was heel Pope and face Joe during their feud. Maybe it double-turned them :confused:

Can't believe Jarrett's coming back to iMPACT so soon. He should be away for a few months. IMO he shouldn't have any vignettes from Mexico either; maybe in a few weeks but his face hasn't missed a show yet.

I could swear it was heel Pope and face Joe during their feud. Maybe it double-turned them :confused:

Can't believe Jarrett's coming back to iMPACT so soon. He should be away for a few months. IMO he shouldn't have any vignettes from Mexico either; maybe in a few weeks but his face hasn't missed a show yet.

It was but Pope is so much better as a face so it makes sense to turn him. Joe has always walked down the middle, it's one of the main reasons he can never really gain any momentum anymore.

They never said Jarrett wouldn't be on iMPACT!, just that he'd go to Mexico. Though yeah he shouldn't be anywhere near the actual show for at the very least a few weeks. Then again he conquered Mexico in his first week there, what more does he have to achieve.;)

I wish they'd drag this angle out for a few weeks, only checking in with Jarrett once a month.

No contact for at least 1-2 months, then an update of him living in Mexico with Karen. Then next month show him trying to get work in Mexico (think of the vignettes!); then getting with AAA and eventually actually winning the belt. (If TNA said there was a talent exchange/bringing in) of the AAA world champion and then have Jarrett come out with the belt (as a way to bring him back to America) would've been great.

They have this unique opportunity to have some really fun, original TV but i'm afraid they'll just blast through it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

It was but Pope is so much better as a face so it makes sense to turn him. Joe has always walked down the middle, it's one of the main reasons he can never really gain any momentum anymore.

I think it's just as much a case of Joe not being bothered any more and not especially wanting the push, what you'd call a paychecker
    For the week ending June 26th, the Tuesday iMPACT! Wrestling did 193,000 on Challenge with Xplosion registering for the first time doing 111,000.

yeah, they seemed to have settled in around the 200k mark, give or take
    this x-division push though might take them closer to the 250k mark

Isn't that just in line with Jarrett's character though - agree to a loser leaves town match, and then when he does lose the match he goes back on his word and against the gentleman's agreement he had with Kurt.

jmolloy wrote: »
    any rumours as to when the Impact Wrestling dublin date will be, getting a bit annoyed at the moment waiting for them to announce it
    It will probably be January again, likely between the 23rd and the 25th.
    jmolloy wrote: »
    Yeah was looking at the schedule and that does look most likely, confused as to why they are doing dates in germany leaving and then going back again though but I suppose at this point I should know better than to expect logic from TNA

They have just announced a Belgium show for the January 24th, so if logic plays any part here then that would mean that the 25th is most likely for a Dublin show, but I suppose they could quite easily fill that date with a show in Belfast, Scotland or another show in England.

Other than that, before the 21st or after the 29th are free dates, but that would mean literally going back and forth between Germany and the British Isles three times.

Last year the date was announced at the end of July, so news should be imminent.

Obviously ideally companies would love to tour countries in order but venues arent always available when you need/want them so hence some of the jumping back and forth

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Isn't that just in line with Jarrett's character though - agree to a loser leaves town match, and then when he does lose the match he goes back on his word and against the gentleman's agreement he had with Kurt.

At least its not as bad as Cena's firing last year :D

GenMe have asked for their release.
    http://twitter.com/MattJackson13
    Want you to hear it from us first: Yesterday, we asked for our release. Special thanks to TNA & the fans for a wonderful experience. Great experience, but definitely time to move on to something new. So much to say, but I'm gonna sit & let this all digest for awhile.

• Advertisement

Official announcement of iMPACT! Wrestling hitting the road every second taping starting August.
    http://www.impactwrestling.com/news/item/2818-IMPACT-WRESTLING-Hits-The-Road-For-All-New-Episodes-In-Three-Cities
    The superstars of “IMPACT WRESTLING” on Spike TV (Thursdays, 9 p.m. ET/PT) will hit the road this August, September and October to shoot all-new episodes of “IMPACT WRESTLING” in three cities: Huntsville, Alabama, Knoxville, Tennessee and Macon, Georgia, Total Nonstop Action (TNA) Entertainment announced today.

‘IMPACT WRESTLING’ ON SPIKE TV HITS THE ROAD TO SHOOT UPCOMING EPISODES IN THREE CITIES

SPIKE’S #1 SHOW INVADES HUNTSVILLE, ALABAMA, KNOXVILLE, TENNESSEE AND MACON, GEORGIA FOR UPCOMING EPISODES OF “IMPACT WRESTLING”

“IMPACT WRESTLING” will continue its celebration of “TNA: Bound For Glory,” the biggest pay-per-view event of 2011 coming this October, by bringing “IMPACT” out of its home at Universal Studios Orlando and on the road. “IMPACT WRESTLING” features pop culture icon Hulk Hogan, Mr. Anderson, Olympic Gold Medalist Kurt Angle, Rob Van Dam, Beer Money, Inc., “The Blueprint” Matt Morgan, “The Phenomenal” AJ Styles, Mexican America, the lovely and lethal TNA Knockouts, the no limits X-Division and much, much more!

“IMPACT WRESTLING” is Spike TV’s #1 rated program, and is seen in over 100 countries worldwide. Fans can be a part of the action on the following dates:

• Thursday, August 25 at the Von Braun Center Arena in Huntsville, Alabama, Tickets start as low as $20 and go on sale THIS FRIDAY, July 15, available at all Ticketmaster locations or online at www.ticketmaster.com

• Wednesday, September 21 at the Knoxville Coliseum in Knoxville, Tennessee, with doors opening at 6 p.m. Tickets start as low as $15 and go on sale August 12 at www.knoxvilletickets.com

• Wednesday, October 26 at the Macon Coliseum in Macon, Georgia, with doors opening at 6 p.m. Tickets start as low as $15 and go on sale September 16 at all Ticketmaster locations or online at www.ticketmaster.com

A limited number of “IMPACT WRESTLING VIP” packages will be available at each event. “IMPACT VIP” packages include front row seating and an exclusive pre-show backstage meet & greet with “IMPACT WRESTLING” superstars! Only 20 VIP packages will be available at each event, for $99 a person. For more information, visit ShopTNA.com.
    For the week ending July 3rd the Tuesday airing of iMPACT! Wrestling did 236,000 viewers with the Saturday replay doing 126,000.

Advertisement