Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

The offical TNA thread - News, Spoilers and the rest...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Anyone have any idea's on who the X-Division guys that Tenay mentioned are going to be? If you missed it, he said several new debuts next week on Impact. Kid Kash and Zima Ion were signed recently so I assume they will be two. But is that all? Several = Two?

Possibly TJ Perkins also. He was asked recently if he would be wrestling for TNA or PWG anytime soon, he said he would but didnt say for which.

Did I miss any news of new signings?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

hopefully Jimmy Yang too, he definitely seemed to have upped his game in the Destination X qualifier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I can't believe his comedy schtick is the main event and he's the champion though. Comedy should never be around the main event. I don't know how they thought the Guard-bird wouldn't be anything but a laughing stock :o

I could be wrong but I don't think his gimmick is intended to be portrayed as comedy, he's just supposed to be a crazy guy losing his marbles. I mean personally I find it highly entertaining, but it's not LOL'ing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/TNA/article10020022.shtml
    Prowrestling.net has learned that Jerry Lynn is backstage at the TNA Hardcore Justice pay-per-view. He is not advertised for the show.

He most definitely earned a roster spot last month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Wonder if he will cost RVD his B4G match?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭sliotor

Charisteas wrote: »
    Wonder if he will cost RVD his B4G match?
    Good Call Charisteas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

tna wrote:
    There are no immediate plans announced, but we hope to visit your area in the near future!
    Visit impactwrestlingworldtour.com for up to date info on our live event schedule

e-mailed tna about the tour see if they were coming to ireland, got the above back, not looking hopeful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

jmolloy wrote: »
    e-mailed tna about the tour see if they were coming to ireland, got the above back, not looking hopeful

sounds like an automated response tbh, maybe try finding out who managed the previous tours and ask them.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭sliotor

Yeah tweeted jb about it and his response was stay Tuned!.
    I suppose that probably translate as I dont really know but this should keep you off my back.

Jesse Sorensen, Anthony Nese, Kid Kash, Zema Ion and Mark Haskins
    all appeared on last night's iMPACT! taping (for August 18th) and appear to be the new X-Division guys signed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,325 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Source

On Leaving TNA: There were many different situations that pretty much made us decide (to leave). The Ultimate factor was we were not being used as much as we would have liked and for about a month, we were sitting at home and our contracts were pretty much per date so we were pretty much sitting at home making not money. It was hurting us, (Matt) is having a baby soon and I (Nick) have just brought a house so we were literally sitting at home making no money which was hurting us. That and other things like not being used properly; we were split up, which was fine by us because we said "Yeah we're do it" but then they stopped using us. They said they had a whole long couple of month program that me and Matt would do which would actually lead to lockdown in a steel cage match one on one (which )was the original plan but as you know, it didn't happen and it ended up being a six man. There was just so many different things that lead to it like the agents didn't know if we were heel or face during the last few months our run, the writing was on the wall for us. We were like, "Lets go on the indy scene where we can control our dates and actually know how many shows we are going to have a month. In TNA, we never knew how many shows we were gona wrestle during the month so we didn't have a budget. There is just no continuity so the fans don't know what to get behind so there is really nothing to cheer for because they don't know what's going on. They don't know who the baby faces or the heel is so it's really hard for people to get into the product.

On TNA's Lack of Continuity: As soon as someone starts to kinda get over, they are taken off TV. It's so much "stop and go". Its like as soon as someone starts to gain a little steam, you don't see them on TV again: It happened with Nick and I, it happened with Jay Lethal​ a couple of times and It's hard because your like "Give us a chance " because we can get over, We just arnt given the platform or the time to get over. Any time an angle would get a little bit over, it would be called off. I remember we were having a little bit of fun with Tara, that was one thing we were hopeful almost and all of a sudden(with ) no explanation that was done. Mine and Nick's break out was no time given to that. It was hard trying to get any storyline over because there was no time given to you.

On RVD's Comments: There was a bunch of Bull, we always said Hi to him and never had a problem with him. I don't know what he was thinking saying that stuff because we always go out of our way to say Hi to everyone, not only the wrestlers but the camera men, the referees, the bell ringer, everyone that has to do with the show we say Hi to and shake their hands, we show them respect so that crap was a bunch of baloney. What upset me was the picture he tried to paint of the young talent in TNA that we don't go up to people and don't go up to veterans for advice because that's not true. We dress with all X Division guys in the locker and I know for a fact that all our buddies always went to the veterans for advice and if we seeked advice, we went to certain guys we were conferrable with. If we weren't conferrable going to Rob then we weren't but he didn't seem like the most approachable guy in the world to us so we got our advice from other guys.

On Going to WWE: WWE… who knows? Never say Never. I know Nick isn't too thrilled about it because he doesn't like being on the road a lot and I don't either but I'll give that answer; Never say never and Ring Of Honor is such as fit for us, its just our style and we just like producing good wrestling matches, that's what we like doing. Not a lot of places offer tag team wrestling and Ring Of Honor is the best, We deferentially havnt had our last match in ROH that's for sure.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

According to the Observer Samoa Joe's contract is up on a few months and he considering going to WWE.

I wonder if he will be a "Punk" hire

rovert wrote: »
    According to the Observer Samoa Joe's contract is up on a few months and he considering going to WWE.

I wonder if he will be a "Punk" hire
    He only signed a new contract recently.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    He only signed a new contract recently.

I know it seems like him and AJ sign 3-5 year deals every six months. That is what it says in the Observer. He may have an out clause.

If his contract is up soon TNA are not doing themselves any favours with his current booking. Unless it's leading to an epic comeback or Joe snapping and killing everyone, they must be trying to do as much damage as possible to him before he goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

What Joe needs is a mentor :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    they must be trying to do as much damage as possible to him before he goes.

Nah if they were wanting to do damage to him they'd just send him home knowing he puts up weight anytime they do that.

It's shocking the mentality in WWE and TNA. Just thinking of Goldust, who looked like Missy Elliot in TNA, and was in the best shape of his life after being with WWE for a bit. Most people come back from time off in great shape (since they're not on the road, they can work out - thinking of Big Show) but not Joe.

Hopefully he goes to WWE and lives up to his potential and where he was in 2005-6.

It's shocking the mentality in WWE and TNA. Just thinking of Goldust, who looked like Missy Elliot in TNA, and was in the best shape of his life after being with WWE for a bit. Most people come back from time off in great shape (since they're not on the road, they can work out - thinking of Big Show) but not Joe.

If you read Goldust's book he was doing lines and lines of coke backstage in TNA.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Hopefully he goes to WWE and lives up to his potential and where he was in 2005-6.

Don't smacktalk Black Reign wrestling peaked when he was in tna,far fresher than Mouldust is. Seriously though i've read a few times over the years about tna management being on Joe's back about his weight,as for Big Show hasn't he left 2/3 times to deal with his weight hardly a guy who's a example for others.

lol I loved Black Reign too but he looked bloody awful and couldn't give a shít. People like HHH and Edge returning in their best (roidy) shape; it's weird how the opposite happens to Joe. No testing when you're suspended/injured :p I know Big Show's renowned for his slobbenly antics but he does come back somewhat lighter.

TNA obviously aren't hard enough on Joe if they get on his case about it and let him return with Snuka's pyjamas and an aztec penis on his face! He seems to be really demotivated, who can blame him really.

TNA obviously aren't hard enough on Joe if they get on his case about it and let him return with Snuka's pyjamas and an aztec penis on his face! He seems to be really demotivated, who can blame him really.

I'd imagine that was more TNA's idea. If WWE had zero interest earlier this year, I don't see why that would change.

oh definitely, that Nation of Violence smacked of Russo. Do you think they'd actually think it'd get over great or was purposely a bad gimmick to punish joe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,325 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Was it ever revealed who kidnapped Joe?

I was listening to a random impact review from June or early July i think, where they announced it was Winter vs Mickie James at Hard Justice; which happened. Even though i don't think it was emphasised at all it does show longer-term booking and follow through.

oh definitely, that Nation of Violence smacked of Russo. Do you think they'd actually think it'd get over great or was purposely a bad gimmick to punish joe?

I'd imagine they thought it was a great idea. They have yet to realise how terribly easy it is to book Joe. Though Vince Russo hates wrestling angles.
    JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Was it ever revealed who kidnapped Joe?

No. They teased Joe talking about it for about two weeks then dropped it altogether.

Has Joe been kidnapped more than once? I think some asians put him in a van?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,617 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Probably the london rioters

• Advertisement

No only the once, thankfully.

Advertisement