Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

The offical TNA thread - News, Spoilers and the rest...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I thought it was Ninja's?

The Nation of Violence wasent the worst thing in the world, but they screwed up big time with his appearance. Had he retained his old look and just brought the new attitude, I think it could have worked. The change in attire bombed and Joe was up against it from then on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

How much different does Angelina Love look like without make-up?

097.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Charisteas wrote: »
    How much different do women look like without make-up?

FIXED

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

rovert wrote: »

good glad to hear, less glad to hear that tna have a second jeff hardy dvd in the works which means that they'll have to have him on tv to partly promote it

also it is not a bit daft of tna to bring Mickie James the very next impact after doing a blinding angle at the ppv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,617 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

How did his court case go?

• Advertisement

Headshot wrote: »
    How did his court case go?

Keeps getting delayed.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

from pwinsider elite via lordsofpain.net
    - Regarding TNA's financial status, it's said that they are "in the black", which means they have a positive net income, and are in no danger of shutting down. At the same time, there are concern about financial issues in the company.

-The new TNA event sponsorship deal with Direct Auto Insurance is worth millions and obviously has helped the company a great deal.

- TNA made several main office releases over the weekend. One of those releases was the man responsible for bringing the company the multi-million dollar deal with Direct Auto Insurance.

"Thanks Jimmy for making us loads of money. Now get the **** out!"

Loved reading the reaction to that report online. As TNA loyalists what to use this as proof that TNA is profitable but they cant as if they do they will have to concede that TNA wasnt profitable during 2010 time like they thought. So they are claiming this report is BS. :pac:-

I dont see how TNA can be making money now unless that auto deal did wonders for them. Kurt Angle, Sting, Hulk Hogan, Jeff Hardy, Matt Hardy, Rob Van Dam and probably a few more are likely on huge money. Get rid of half of them and they'd be easily making a profit. Now, I suspect most of their income goes straight back out on wages.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I dont see how TNA can be making money now unless that auto deal did wonders for them. Kurt Angle, Sting, Hulk Hogan, Jeff Hardy, Matt Hardy, Rob Van Dam and probably a few more are likely on huge money. Get rid of half of them and they'd be easily making a profit. Now, I suspect most of their income goes straight back out on wages.

At very least Spike TV split costs of big name talent if not owns the contracts out right.

• Advertisement

The only person that I know they contribute towards is Sting, maybe Angle. I havent heard of them contributing for anyone else.

Besides, they have 50-60 people for two hours a week. They could do with dropping a few to save a bit of money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Heres an idea, let go of the "Legends", pay Paul Heyman the money that Hogan is getting. Whats the poduct? Massive profit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,147 ✭✭✭✭Penn

CMpunked wrote: »
    Heres an idea, let go of the "Legends", pay Paul Heyman the money that Hogan is getting. Whats the poduct? Massive profit!

This is a thread about TNA. Go and take your "logic" elsewhere!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

From Jimmy Wang Yang's Twitter (@akioyang)

It has been over 6 weeks since i wrestles for tna and i still havent been paid and the check that they sent me 2 weeks ago bounced WTF!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Charisteas wrote: »
    How much different does Angelina Love look like without make-up?

She actually looks far far nicer in that pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

sounds like
    hogan v sting will happen at bound for glory

CMpunked wrote: »

Dont stop at the legends. I like the majority of the TNA roster but Destination X showed that most of them arent needed.

Possible spoilers here if you didnt take note of who Bischoff was taking to on Impact this week.

Abyss
    AJ Styles
    Alex Shelley
    Anarquia
    Angelina Love
    Austin Aries
    Bobby Roode
    Brian Kendrick
    Bully Ray
    Chris Sabin
    Christopher Daniels
    Crimson
    D'Angelo Dinero
    Devon
    Doug Williams
    Eric Young
    Gunner
    Hernandez
    Hulk Hogan
    Jackie
    James Storm
    Jeff Hardy
    Jeff Jarrett
    Jerry Lynn
    Jesse Neal
    Jesse Godderz

Kazarian
    Kid Kash
    Kurt Angle
    Madison Rayne
    Magnus
    Mark Haskins
    Matt Hardy
    Matt Morgan
    Mickie James
    Mr. Anderson
    Miss Tessmacher
    Murphy
    ODB
    Okada
    Ric Flair
    Rob Terry

Rob Van Dam
    Robbie
    Rosita
    Samoa Joe
    Sangriento - No clue why he is still listed on the roster
    Sarita
    Scott Steiner
    Shannon Moore
    Sting
    Suicide
    Tara
    Tony Nese
    Traci Brooks
    Velvet Sky
    Winter
    Zima Ion

Thats only a handful of changes but would be saving a lot of money and honestly, how many of them are you actually going to miss? You can get rid of more than that and it still wouldnt negativly affect the product but I think the likes of Bully Ray and Jeff Jarrett deserve to stick around for another while. The money saved could go to securing the likes of Gail Kim and Alissa Flash who left over money issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Horsebox9000

Sacking Hulk Hogan is a stupid move. Not because he is good or interesting but I bet ya he can still make them a fair whack in merch sales. Same with Jeff hardy. Obviously they are wastes of space but they get the shirts shifted.

I can't wait till the day Jeff Jarrett is gone, I hate the way he thinks he is main event material.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I can't wait till the day Jeff Jarrett is gone, I hate the way he thinks he is main event material.

Jarrett's been one of the most consistently entertaining things in wrestling this year.

Sacking Hulk Hogan is a stupid move. Not because he is good or interesting but I bet ya he can still make them a fair whack in merch sales. Same with Jeff hardy. Obviously they are wastes of space but they get the shirts shifted.

No-one outside TNA Management know the exact numbers, but I'm guessing Hogan doesnt come cheap. Sting and Angle are rumoured to be between $500,000 and $1 million a year. I highly doubt Hogan accepted less than that. He'd need to be selling hundreds of thousands of everything to justify it from a finance point of view. If someone costs more than they bring in, they are costing you money. Hogan sells merchandise but not THAT much. Angle and Sting can get away with it because they are active wrestlers. Thats what they get paid for. Hogan's not.

It wouldnt be so bad if he was actually out promoting the company. Everyone knows who Hulk Hogan is yet he rarely mentions TNA. Mick Foley was on his way out of the company but he was still plugging the **** out of TNA every chance he got.

The TV ratings are nearly the exact same as they were two years ago while buyrates are rumoured to be down. Hogan has brought next to nothing to the company but has taken a lot of money in return. The sooner someone in TNA figures that out, the better in my book.

• Advertisement

No-one outside TNA Management know the exact numbers, but I'm guessing Hogan doesnt come cheap. Sting and Angle are rumoured to be between $500,000 and $1 million a year. I highly doubt Hogan accepted less than that. He'd need to be selling hundreds of thousands of everything to justify it from a finance point of view. If someone costs more than they bring in, they are costing you money. Hogan sells merchandise but not THAT much. Angle and Sting can get away with it because they are active wrestlers. Thats what they get paid for. Hogan's not.

It wouldnt be so bad if he was actually out promoting the company. Everyone knows who Hulk Hogan is yet he rarely mentions TNA. Mick Foley was on his way out of the company but he was still plugging the **** out of TNA every chance he got.

The TV ratings are nearly the exact same as they were two years ago while buyrates are rumoured to be down. Hogan has brought next to nothing to the company but has taken a lot of money in return. The sooner someone in TNA figures that out, the better in my book.

Yup thats all very true, but Hogan is still a celbrity so to say. I can't see TNA getting rid of him for a long time unless Vinnie Mac asks Hogan to come back. "Hogan hardly mentions TNA"Yes and no. I have read the reports and so on where he would nearly bury the company without realising it. The thing is though there are plenty of times he does and gets the name into mainstream. Thats why Hogan is there.

I reckon his merch sales are decent. Hogan is kind of like the Cannibal Corpse of wrestling. They keep getting younger fans as they get older. So there is a constant revenue stream.

I'm pretty sure Sting does cost a fairwhack too, but he draws attention....And I am sure it's one of those things that management love. The fact they got the guy that Vinny Mac couldn't get.

I don't agree with your other choices either. Jeff Hardy, if he got clean, would be a huge draw again for TNA. And the merch and the kids who lap up all his stuff.

Ric Flair should be on a lesser contract with them so it doesn't cost them as much money but they still have him.

I don't think I am ever going to agree with you, I have a totally different perspective to you.

Well one thing I agree on. Getting rid of that stupid piece of **** that is Matt Hardy.

P.S.
    TNA seem to do have a decent profitiable company on their hands tho. Shareholders from Panda Energy,sponsorships, the 5 hour energy thing for a while. They had a Kleenex deal too in the states so I believe.

I don't agree with your other choices either. Jeff Hardy, if he got clean, would be a huge draw again for TNA. And the merch and the kids who lap up all his stuff.
    Unfortunatly I think Hardy is beyond that now. TNA are way more lenient than WWE when it comes to drug use so I dont see him getting 100% any time soon. Plus, the never ending court case has to be a big mark against him. If that goes wrong he's off to prison. Imagine that publicity. They took a huge chance putting the title on him with that case pending, they seem to have learned their lesson by refusing to use him now.
    Ric Flair should be on a lesser contract with them so it doesn't cost them as much money but they still have him.
    I reckon he'd be like Hogan and not be willing to take a smaller contract offer. Unlike Hardy, I'm sure WWE would be willing to do business with Flair again especially considering his close relationship with the likes of Triple H.
    I'm pretty sure Sting does cost a fairwhack too, but he draws attention....And I am sure it's one of those things that management love. The fact they got the guy that Vinny Mac couldn't get.
    I'm sure Sting does cost a lot, but unlike Hogan, he's an active wrestler so you can somewhat justify it.
    I reckon his merch sales are decent. Hogan is kind of like the Cannibal Corpse of wrestling. They keep getting younger fans as they get older. So there is a constant revenue stream.
    If TNA ever go on the road full time, Hogan's sales will drop dramatically. The majority of the people who attend Impact are tourists who had nothing else to do. Most of the time, a lot of them havent a clue whats going on and just cheer those they know as apposed to the babyfaces. Everyone knows Hogan. If you were a tourist and didnt really watch wrestling but wanted to get a shirt, would you get the one you know or the one you never heard of? On the road, it would be all TNA fans.

My original point was that TNA dont actually need all these people and would be better served using the money elsewhere. I still dont believe that TNA actually need the likes of Hogan or Hardy when the ratings are the exact same as before they came in. I assume they were brought in for ratings as apposed to them being nice guys, they havent made any difference whatsoever. Why keep them when they arent needed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,325 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

TBF I dont think Jarrett hogs the main event, he has just came off a great feud with Angle

Angle is a huge asset to TNA he has made Matt Morgan and Mr. Anderson look like main event contenders in their feuds and by the sounds of it a feud with Crimson looks to be on cards in the future

Is Hogan still a big draw today? I would think that failure that was his reality show that his popularity has kinda died down but he is also a celebrity and if he is drawing more and selling more they will keep him around

Good points raised folks.

That is my question about Hogan too. How is he generally percived by mainly the American public.

Ever since that reality TV show I lost all respect for him. He seemed like he was a bit too much in love with his daughter at stages.

The Impact rating was 1.07

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,325 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Good points raised folks.

That is my question about Hogan too. How is he generally percived by mainly the American public.

Ever since that reality TV show I lost all respect for him. He seemed like he was a bit too much in love with his daughter at stages.

I'd say Hogan and his family are seen as whack jobs over there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Can't see Hogan bringing in huge merchandise sales as a heel, it's the faces that are the huge moneyspinners

And Karen Jarrett needs to be taken off Impact completely, the whole thing has been cringeworthy from start to finish, and I change channel (or fast forward if recorded on sky+) everytime she appears on screen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

rovert wrote: »
    The Impact rating was 1.07

to be fair they were up against the nfl warm up games. But its not as if anything around the ol 1.1 mark is a shock

No-one outside TNA Management know the exact numbers, but I'm guessing Hogan doesnt come cheap. Sting and Angle are rumoured to be between $500,000 and $1 million a year.

Like Rovert said earlier, Spike TV covers the majority (possibly 100%) of some of the top-talents wages which include Sting, Angle and Hogan.

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is Hogan still a big draw today? I would think that failure that was his reality show that his popularity has kinda died down but he is also a celebrity and if he is drawing more and selling more they will keep him around

Yeah his popularity has died down, but I don't blame Hogan Knows Best for that, Hogan Knows Best was actually fairly successful. It went for 4 or 5 seasons in multiple countries, ratings weren't bad (seemed to average around 1.5) which is better than Impact does, and even got a spin-off out of it (Brooke Knows Best - which was a failure!)

When HKB started, he was still with the WWE and loved by everyone, his popularity was sky high.

His popularity dropped when he cheated on his wife, dated his daughters best friend, Nick crashed his car, and repeatidly doing or saying the wrong thing in interviews. :(

Advertisement