Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

The offical TNA thread - News, Spoilers and the rest...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

http://www.barb.co.uk/report/weeklyTopProgrammes?_s=4
    iMPACT! Wrestling once again broke their UK ratings record with 297,000 viewers for the week ending August 7th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,617 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

you'd think they would change the time slot then or make it even live by now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I thought the ratings were much closer than this:

Impact: 297,000
    Raw (Live): 129,000
    Smackdown: 126,000
    Raw (Repeat): 47,000

Adding the three WWE showing's together and it's only 5,000 more than TNA's one showing.

I know they are on different channels and subscriptions and whatnot but really, Sky Sports is massive, Challenge is tiny in comparison.
    Headshot wrote: »

I dont see why they dont do the same as Smackdown and have it air the night it is supposed to air. Both shows are recorded in advance and obviously they have a good enough audiance to sustain it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

http://www.barb.co.uk/report/weeklyTopProgrammes?_s=4
    iMPACT! Wrestling once again broke their UK ratings record with 297,000 viewers for the week ending August 7th.

Amazing number.

Headshot wrote: »

I think the 10pm time-slot is perfect. An earlier time, and they will risk clashing with mid-week Champions League or Premier League soccer and thus lose some of the audience.

Not sure 297,000 would stay up until 2am to watch it live either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,617 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Charisteas wrote: »
    I think the 10pm time-slot is perfect. An earlier time, and they will risk clashing with mid-week Champions League or Premier League soccer and thus lose some of the audience.

Not sure 297,000 would stay up until 2am to watch it live either.

actually that is very good points, didnt think of that. I was being selfish anyway with my sky plus box

Updated BFG Series standing:
    1) Crimson 50 pts

2) Bully Ray 42 pts

3) Bobby Roode 35 pts

4) James Storm 33 pts

5) Devon 30 pts

6) Gunner 28 pts

7) RVD 25 pts

8) Matt Morgan 24 pts **INJURED**

9) AJ Styles 21 pts

10) The Pope 17 pts

11) Scott Steiner 14 pts

12) Samoa Joe -10 pts

I take it Bully Ray won both his matches?

254597_10150275331376026_31695961025_7873795_4835480_n.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Sting looks like he has been eating too many Blackjacks

• Advertisement

I quite like that poster.

Since RVD is nearly out of contention due to Jerry Lynn's involvement, does that signify one of Storm or Roode winning at No Surrender and going to Bound for Glory? That would be the ideal result and make the whole thing worthwhile unless your name is Joe and you're Samoan. Since a lot of people would like to see Storm or Roode win, Devon will.

Also, I really wish they would commit fully to the Impact Wrestling name. Pretty much only the PPV's still have the TNA name/logo, nearly everything else is IW now and just makes it seem like they still havent made up their minds yet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Also, I really wish they would commit fully to the Impact Wrestling name. Pretty much only the PPV's still have the TNA name/logo, nearly everything else is IW now and just makes it seem like they still havent made up their minds yet.

Apparently it is a situation with licensing deals. Once they run out they will use IW for everything.

Since RVD is nearly out of contention due to Jerry Lynn's involvement, does that signify one of Storm or Roode winning at No Surrender and going to Bound for Glory? That would be the ideal result and make the whole thing worthwhile unless your name is Joe and you're Samoan. Since a lot of people would like to see Storm or Roode win, Devon will.

Roode would've been my pick from the start, though Storm would be just as good a choice.

It seems like Crimson has been top of the league from the start. He does have an unbeaten streak rocket on his back, but I still reckon they should have mixed it up a bit and had a few other guys have a week or two in the top spot to spice things up a bit.

Now with B4G only 8 weeks away, it's virtually impossible to book anyone leapfrogging Crimson without a) breaking crimsons undefeated streak, or b) booking another wrestler in a lot more matches then Crimson, and that would kill the integrity of the tournament.

Also they could have set Joe up for an insane 10-match submission-winning streak, booking him to literally jump from bottom of the league to the top, but again points wise he's way too far behind Crimson now to execute that.

I'm starting to accept that this whole b4g series was really just a way to push Crimson to the main event.

It seems like Crimson has been top of the league from the start. He does have an unbeaten streak rocket on his back, but I still reckon they should have mixed it up a bit and had a few other guys have a week or two in the top spot to spice things up a bit.

Now with B4G only 8 weeks away, it's virtually impossible to book anyone leapfrogging Crimson without a) breaking crimsons undefeated streak, or b) booking another wrestler in a lot more matches then Crimson, and that would kill the integrity of the tournament.

Also they could have set Joe up for an insane 10-match submission-winning streak, booking him to literally jump from bottom of the league to the top, but again points wise he's way too far behind Crimson now to execute that.

I'm starting to accept that this whole b4g series was really just a way to push Crimson to the main event.
    BFG may be eight weeks away but the finals of the tournament are at No Surrender. Three weeks of tv plus house shows is all that remains. Joe's winning streak needed to start several weeks ago to finish top. He could still sneak into fourth place but he would need a lot of results in his favour. He's pretty much done at this point.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Or with some mad TNA booking, Joe could win a 100 points on a pole match and come top after all!! :pac:

BFG may be eight weeks away but the finals of the tournament are at No Surrender. Three weeks of tv plus house shows is all that remains.

Didn't know that, interesting.

If Bully Ray wrestled Crimson next week and won by DQ he'd be in first place with a five point lead. It'd be rather easy for a number of people to leapfrog Crimson without ending the streak. I'd still be very surprised if Crimson actually won. And considering Joe wasn't even working BFG Series matches last weekend on the live events I doubt they're going to have him surge up table.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

angle seems to be getting very booed on impact even though the crowd don't seem to be reacting, god i hate piped noise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,325 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Roode would've been my pick from the start, though Storm would be just as good a choice.

Roode or Morgan would be mine but since Morgan is injured I hope it is Roode

Crimson seems to be heading into a feud with Angle

• Advertisement

the finals of the tournament are at No Surrender.

Will the 'Final-Four' wrestle in a four-way match, or will it be two semi-finals and then a final?

Will the 'Final-Four' wrestle in a four-way match, or will it be two semi-finals and then a final?

The top four will have two singles matches with the points leader after those matches winning the BFG Series.

I was under the impression it was going to be a four way match?

Really good Shelley/Williams match from this weeks Xplosion!:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

In the next two weeks IMPACT WRESTLING will be announcing:

- A new earlier broadcast day for IMPACT WRESTLING on Challenge TV

- Details of how Welsh fans can soon watch our programming on Freeview

- Full information on how to buy Fan InterAction tickets for the 2012 MAXIMUM IMPACT Tour

- FREE UK shipping on all www.tnaeurostore.com purchases and new LOWER prices

- IMPACT WRESTLING stars coming to the UK to meet fans and media

- A comp to win a trip to Philadelphia to see Bound For Glory

In the next two weeks IMPACT WRESTLING will be announcing:

- A new earlier broadcast day for IMPACT WRESTLING on Challenge TV

Not sure if this is a good idea or not. Two weeks they scored their highest ever UK ratings number, if it aint broke why are they fixing it?

I can see them pushing it back two days to a 10pm Monday night slot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I can see them pushing it back two days to a 10pm Monday night slot.

That could work quite well.

CMpunked wrote: »
    That could work quite well.

Yeah I don't think ratings would take a hit if it was moved from Wednesdays to Mondays. They may even continue to improve hopefully. The most important thing would be to promote it so that the people know. No point just moving it without telling anybody.

When WWE want to promote something, they hammer it into you every 2 minutes. TNA unfortunately don't have the same technique, but they may just leave it to the discretion of Challenge TV to advertise a change, or display a ticker thingy across the bottom of the screen during Impact broadcasts to tell people.

Still though, if 300,000 people have it in their schedule that at 10pm every Wednesday they are going to watch Impact, why do TNA want to change the broadcast day?

Yeah I don't think ratings would take a hit if it was moved from Wednesdays to Mondays. They may even continue to improve hopefully. The most important thing would be to promote it so that the people know. No point just moving it without telling anybody.

iMPACT! is on Challenge on a Tuesday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I'd say they'll make the saturday the first showing, with the tuesday being the repeat

Advertisement