Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

The offical TNA thread - News, Spoilers and the rest...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

iMPACT! is on Challenge on a Tuesday.

My bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

Challenge and TNA are giving one lucky fan the chance to win a once-in-a-lifetime experience at the Bound For Glory PPV in October. The prize includes flights to Philadelphia, accommodation and VIP tickets to the Bound For Glory experience.

To enter and see more about the prize, go to www.challenge.co.uk. The page also includes the terms and conditions. This competition closes at 23:59 on September 22. Good luck!

That's a great prize, and the dinner with Beer Money would be awesome, unfortuentely I can't enter but I would love to see a boards.ie member win it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Really good Shelley/Williams match from this weeks Xplosion!:
    If next week is the final, what happened to crimson? He was in it but now hes not. Did he lose or did they just pretend he wasn't in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Really good Shelley/Williams match from this weeks Xplosion!:
    If next week is the final, what happened to crimson? He was in it but now hes not. Did he lose or did they just pretend he wasn't in it?

Him and Devon went to a Double DQ sending Magnus straight through to the final (and earning both two points in the Bound For Glory Series).

• Advertisement

That was going to be my next question. Devon and Crimson appeared to have the wrong points total based on matches reported on the website. Guess they didnt deem this worthy of reporting. Was that last week's episode?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Not being a dick but do people still watch IMPACT?

rovert wrote: »

Yes, but that really didn't need saying did it.:)

Yes, but that really didn't need saying did it.:)

Just that there is not much chatter on here anymore and in general online there seems to have been a huge decrease interest even from those who watch IMPACT to lol at it.

My intrest is at an all time low. I used to be the biggest TNA fan you could find but it's being going down ever since Hogan and Bischoff came in. The past six months or so have seen it drop very quickly to the point where I download the show (Dont have challenge) and skip through most of it.

Recently I've decided to give it until Bound for Glory and if the situation hasent changed, I'll only be watching ROH on a weekly basis. The two things currently keeping my intrest are Madison Rayne, despite how badly she has been booked since Lockdown, and Austin Aries.

• Advertisement

Just that there is not much chatter on here anymore and in general online there seems to have been a huge decrease interest even from those who watch IMPACT to lol at it.

The lack of it here is probably because I've long given up fighting every battle, but yeah anecdotally the general buzz around TNA has never really been flatter.

We are a rare breed these days on Boards. Myself along with machismo fan, gnfnrhead, jmolloy, the groutch, headshot, furious red, and maybe a few others.

Worth noting also that more people are watching Impact every week than Raw/Smackdown combined in the UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,325 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Yes ;)

When is Linda Hogan debuting?

When is Linda Hogan debuting?

The new Mrs Hogan is called Jennifer, Brooke Hogan look-a-like.

Speaking of the talents family being on-air though, i'm surprised nothing has been said of Eric Bishoffs son being one of the referees (Jackson James).

Surely only a matter of time before a screw-job ref angle?

It was obvious from the very start that he wasnt a referee. I said it as soon as I saw him (Before I knew who he was). I think he screwed Styles recently by being in his way which allowed his opponent (Bully Ray maybe) to take advantage and win. I thought that was going to be the start of it but they appear to have either forgotten about that, or changed their mind. It has to be coming because he's an awful referee.

Charisteas wrote: »
    The new Mrs Hogan is called Jennifer, Brooke Hogan look-a-like.

I know that....hence when is Linda debuting

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Keep an eye on the UK media and this Facebook page tomorrow (Monday) for huge news about IMPACT WRESTLING on Challenge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I know that....hence when is Linda debuting

thought she already had

odb.jpg

• Advertisement

Keep an eye on the UK media and this Facebook page tomorrow (Monday) for huge news about IMPACT WRESTLING on Challenge.

Wonder if any chance it will begin to be aired live, Fridays 2am, with the current timeslot being the repeat.

Yea would love it to be either live on a thursday or on Friday/Saturday night. Maybe even move the ppv's closer to Sunday

IMPACT WRESTLING is moving to Sunday nights at 9pm on Challenge TV.

A repeat of the show will still be broadcast at 10pm on Tuesday nights.

The change starts from this Sunday, August 28.

Full details to follow later.
    impactwrestling.jpg
    mpact Wrestling will now be broadcast on Sunday nights in the UK and Ireland after winning record ratings on Challenge TV.

The show – which features Hulk Hogan, Sting, Kurt Angle, Ric Flair, Rob Van Dam, AJ Styles, Mr. Anderson, the TNA Knockouts and many other huge wrestling stars – will now air every Sunday night at the earlier time of 9:00pm starting this Sunday, August 28.

A repeat of the episode will then be shown every Tuesday at 10pm in Impact Wrestling’s current slot.

The move to an earlier day in the week is due to fan feedback, with British and Irish fans using social media to request transmission closer to the US airing of Thursday nights.

It is also a recognition of the ratings Impact Wrestling has received since starting on Challenge in February. In the last six months, the programme has doubled its audience and become the most watched weekly wrestling show on British television of the last 10 years.

Companion show TNA Xplosion recently moved to a prime time slot on Challenge and is broadcast every Wednesday night at 10pm. Impact Wrestling’s monthly PPV events will also continue to go out on a Wednesday night at 10pm, with Xplosion moving to midnight on Tuesday on those weeks.

Challenge is part of Sky TV and can be found on Sky channel 125, Freeview channel 46 and Virgin Media channel 139.

Andy Barton, Impact Wrestling’s Executive Vice President, said: “We’re thrilled with the success we’ve been enjoying in the UK and were determined to reward the fans by giving them exactly what they’ve been asking for – Impact Wrestling earlier in the week.”

“Sunday nights will never be the same again!”

Barbara Gibbon, Sky’s Director of Production for Sky Entertainment Channels, added: “We are delighted to be working with Impact Wrestling at this exciting time.”

“British and Irish fans are among the most ardent in the world – and we are thrilled to be able to bring them all the latest action on Challenge.”

Impact Wrestling will be touring the UK in January 2012 with shows in Nottingham, Manchester and London. To buy tickets go to www.gigsandtours.com

In bigger news Jimmy Yang finally got paid!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

why sunday? surely saturday was the natural choice as they already had a slot there, also miffed as it interrupts my podcast listening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

Charisteas wrote: »
    We are a rare breed these days on Boards. Myself along with machismo fan, gnfnrhead, jmolloy, the groutch, headshot, furious red, and maybe a few others.

Worth noting also that more people are watching Impact every week than Raw/Smackdown combined in the UK.

ahem*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,037 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Officially TNA are getting more viewers, but I'd say many people who don't have sky, either stream it live or download it the next day.

I'd be surprised if more people in the UK watched Impact than RAW each week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 93 ✭✭Mouthalmighty

Used to love TNA but since Hogan/Bischoff came in there is absolutely no continuity in angles etc. One day scenario A is happening the the next week the opposite is occuring with no reference to the previous.

Fairly similar to how they ran WCW no long term plan. Plus the in ring product has suffered as they're not showing top talent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,037 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Used to love TNA but since Hogan/Bischoff came in there is absolutely no continuity in angles etc. One day scenario A is happening the the next week the opposite is occuring with no reference to the previous.

This was happening in TNA long before Hogan and Bischoff signed on. Things actually got better in that respect for a good few months after their arrival.

• Advertisement

Officially TNA are getting more viewers, but I'd say many people who don't have sky, either stream it live or download it the next day.

I'd be surprised if more people in the UK watched Impact than RAW each week.

I don't entirely agree with this, the Raw and Smackdown ratings are down from where they were a year or two back (they used to consistently hit 200,000), so they're under performing in general.

http://twitter.com/JEFFHARDYBRAND
    Ok it's official...time to go back2work!I will be in Huntsville,AL this Thursday with ImpactWrestling!!!!

Advertisement