Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

The offical TNA thread - News, Spoilers and the rest...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,617 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Would like to see Hardy back if he's healthy. Hopefully that's the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

if hardy has sorted himself out then glad he's back, if he's going to come back and not show the respect the fans and the other talents in tna deserve then he shouldn't be let near a ring. i wuld say everyone deserve a second chane but hardy must be on his 7th or 8th

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Dave Meltzer was VERY down on this decision. He thought it was one of the worst decisions in a long time by anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Ok it's official...time to go back2work!I will be in Huntsville,AL this Thursday with ImpactWrestling!!!!

Absolutely delighted, can't wait to see him back again. Not too surprised to see him return before Bound for Glory, hope he doesn't screw up this time though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I have no problem with Jeff coming back provided he has sorted himself out. If he hasnt, it's just a case of when will he **** up again.
    This was happening in TNA long before Hogan and Bischoff signed on. Things actually got better in that respect for a good few months after their arrival.

Just before Hogan and Bischoff came in we had AJ Styles as world champion feuding with Daniels and Joe. Desmond Wolfe was given the super push by showing himself to be on the same level as Kurt Angle. Eric Young was a serious heel for the first time ever. Their were still a few hicups but for the most part, everything made sense and followed a logicial path. When Hogan and Bischoff came in they threw **** at the wall to see what stuck. 18 months later and they still havnt worked it out yet.

Ironically, this period of time I refering to only came to be when Jeff Jarrett was sent home and everyone's favourite punching pag Vince Russo was running the show by himself.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I have no problem with Jeff coming back provided he has sorted himself out. If he hasnt, it's just a case of when will he **** up again.

Just before Hogan and Bischoff came in we had AJ Styles as world champion feuding with Daniels and Joe. Desmond Wolfe was given the super push by showing himself to be on the same level as Kurt Angle. Eric Young was a serious heel for the first time ever. Their were still a few hicups but for the most part, everything made sense and followed a logicial path. When Hogan and Bischoff came in they threw **** at the wall to see what stuck. 18 months later and they still havnt worked it out yet.

Ironically, this period of time I refering to only came to be when Jeff Jarrett was sent home and everyone's favourite punching pag Vince Russo was running the show by himself.

Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't the ratings identical anyway?

At this stage, I reckon TNA could have two hours of Hogan sitting in the ring, reading a newspaper, and it would still hit a 1.0-1.1 rating....

Yep

November/December 2009 were meant to tank so the ratings would look even better when Hogan debuted in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

rovert wrote: »
    Yep

November/December 2009 were meant to tank so the ratings would look even better when Hogan debuted in January.

And I'd imagine Russo booked that period to pander to the internet so they'd clamour for him back in charge if Hogan and Bischoff ousted him (though that's nothing but speculation on my part).

Close but they would have been slightly higher. They used to average a 1.2 rating, occasionally 1.3, now it's usually 1.0 or 1.1. A tiny difference but still enough to show that Hogan and Bischoff have done noting but cost the company money. Ratings are slightly down and even though they arent officially released, the PPV buyrates are also rumoured to be down.

I for one much prefered seeing the likes of Styles, Joe, Daniels, Angle and Wolfe in the main event picture instead of Anderson, Sting, Jeff Hardy (assuming) and only recently Angle again.

• Advertisement

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Close but they would have been slightly higher. They used to average a 1.2 rating, occasionally 1.3, now it's usually 1.0 or 1.1. A tiny difference but still enough to show that Hogan and Bischoff have done noting but cost the company money. Ratings are slightly down and even though they arent officially released, the PPV buyrates are also rumoured to be down.

Aren't TNA's rating skewing slightly higher this year (though they'd beat last year by default)? They usually did a 1.1 but there's been more consistent 1.2's this year than usual (the recent rough patch aside) but I'm only saying that anecdotally rather than having looked into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,325 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I wonder will Jeff still be a heel when he returns

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

removed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Anyone see Eric Young taking acting lesson's on Xplosion tonight?

Priceless!!

Anyone see Eric Young taking acting lesson's on Xplosion tonight?

Priceless!!

There's the video of it. I've always loved EY and his trip to Hollywood has been quite wonderful. His face off with Scott Baio is this week on iMPACT!.

Eric Young has been amazing in those segments. It's a shame they keep messing him about as he is one of the most entertaining guys on the roster and is a damn good wrestler too.

Spoiler relating to the next two weeks of Impact
    Jeff Hardy is backstage at the Hunstville, Alabama TNA Impact Wrestling taping.

The plan is for Hardy to only appear on the second episode taped, which means he will return to TV on Thursday 9/8, the same day he is scheduled for court in his ongoing drug trafficking case in North Carolina. The episode taped for 9/1 will tease a big announcement for the next week, which is Hardy's return.

**** sake TNA

Cookie and her massive jabs have departed from TNA:

ac_cookie.jpg

Becky Baylass has always been a weird one for me. She was around the business since her early teens at least but she doesnt really get the business. Her timing as a manager couldnt be more off which is strange as she has worked with or been mentored by Missy Hyatt, Sunny, Sherri, Dawn Marie etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,037 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Those spoilers that rovert posted have got to be one of the most ridiculous decisions TNA have ever made.

This is the kind of crap that puts me off TNA completely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

can't see this been a good call on velvets part

Velvet Sky posted a message on her Twitter account supporting the use of marijuana. The TNA Knockout relayed an informational picture Tuesday night explaining how marijuana benefits each part of the human body.

• Advertisement

jmolloy wrote: »
    can't see this been a good call on velvets part

Velvet Sky posted a message on her Twitter account supporting the use of marijuana. The TNA Knockout relayed an informational picture Tuesday night explaining how marijuana benefits each part of the human body.

I am not even being my typical LOLTNA self here. I really dont see the issue. Booker T & RVD went to TNA in part as they could still wrestle and smoke the wacky backy. Shelly Martinez while in TNA used to hammer on about smoking it and the benefits and that never affected things too. Shelly even said she went to ring high during every TNA appearance she did.

In terms its standing in TNA or the Indies it is like drinking a Red Bull or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

The thing referred to in rovert's spoiler is ridiculous and typical TNA bs.

The weed thing from Velvet is no big thing,RVD has been banging on about that kind of stuff for years and nobody's taken any notice.

The thing referred to in rovert's spoiler is ridiculous and typical TNA bs.

The weed thing from Velvet is no big thing,RVD has been banging on about that kind of stuff for years and nobody's taken any notice.

The only places it is an issue is WWE due Vince being stuck in the 1950s on the stuff and Japan due their culture viewing it as bad as if not worse than Heroin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I'd be more concerned about Velvet Sky
    teaming with ODB & Jackie like 2 weeks after feuding with them because they were bullying her... and them saying that as soon as they're signed they'll do what they want, lol

Did i miss the explanation? :confused:

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I'd be more concerned about Velvet Sky
    teaming with ODB & Jackie like 2 weeks after feuding with them because they were bullying her... and them saying that as soon as they're signed they'll do what they want, lol

Did i miss the explanation? :confused:

Well they didn't trust each other.

rovert wrote: »
    Cookie and her massive jabs have departed from TNA:

ac_cookie.jpg

Becky Baylass has always been a weird one for me. She was around the business since her early teens at least but she doesnt really get the business. Her timing as a manager couldnt be more off which is strange as she has worked with or been mentored by Missy Hyatt, Sunny, Sherri, Dawn Marie etc.
    Nooooo not Cookie! :mad: She was awesome (provided she didnt wrestle).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,617 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

lol

He always makes me laugh

The final four in the Bound For Glory Series are
    James Storm, Bobby Roode, Gunner and Bully Ray (Crimson was injured by Samoa Joe last night on iMPACT! Wrestling).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Did Cookie quit or was she fired for a specific reason?

Advertisement