Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The offical TNA thread - News, Spoilers and the rest...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Charisteas wrote: »
    Did Cookie quit or was she fired for a specific reason?

Apparently they just didn't renew her contract.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Charisteas wrote: »
    Did Cookie quit or was she fired for a specific reason?

Whatever the reason she doesnt look happy about it:
    ac_cookie.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

rovert wrote: »
    Whatever the reason she doesnt look happy about it:
    ac_cookie.jpg

I don't see a face in that photo ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I have a job for her ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭scotsman1990

can anybody tell me why eric young has the old tna title belt ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I cant remember exactly what happened, but I think he found it when Jeff Hardy introduced his own title. He's had it ever since.

Russo is recycling a booking idea from WCW. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,323 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Source

Trish Stratus and Angelina Love teased a confrontation at this weekend’s Fan Expo Canada in Toronto, Ontario as both former champions will be on hand for the annual pop culture event.
    Stratus wrote on Twitter, “Can’t wait for Fan Expo Canada Sun! I hear Angelina Love is gonna be there, I also hear she wants to fight me #torontothrowdown #canuckcuddle.”
    The TNA Knockout responded, “I’m there on Saturday so maybe we can throwdown then and cuddle on Sunday!”
    Love revealed last week on Twitter that her dream opponent is the seven-time WWE Women’s Champion.

Promoting his "Back from the Brink" speaking engagement held Friday in Greensboro, N.C., Hulk Hogan made some off-the-wall comments about TNA in an interview with the News & Record newspaper. Hogan claimed TNA "offers an alternative to the over-the-top theatrics" seen in WWE and claimed TNA is not focused on "skits and entertainment and backstage antics."

Hogan said, “We’ve got a lot of young guys who are pushing hard. And we’re trying to take our own course of destiny and make wrestling matter again. We’re not really focused on skits and entertainment and backstage antics. We’re more focused on keeping the action as much as we can in the ring.”

Credit: PWTorch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Credit: PWTorch

Off the wall more like Senile Dementia. I bet he still considers himself one of the young guys pushing hard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭danny29

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,617 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

where the skies are so blue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Hogan claimed TNA is not focused on "skits and entertainment and backstage antics."

Irony, eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

This Monday, Sept 5, NBC will air a "Children Of 9/11" special, featuring children who lost their parents 10 years ago. TNA Wrestling has announced that this special will include Rosita, who lost her father on 9/11 when she was 10 years old

jmolloy wrote: »
    This Monday, Sept 5, NBC will air a "Children Of 9/11" special, featuring children who lost their parents 10 years ago. TNA Wrestling has announced that this special will include Rosita, who lost her father on 9/11 when she was 10 years old

I'm extremely sorry to hear about her father, but wow didn't know Rosita is only 20.

jmolloy wrote: »

This was on UK Channel 5 last night, you can watch it here (if you know how ;))

http://www.channel5.com/shows/revealed/episodes/children-of-911-revealed

Edit: Just skimmed through the Channel 5 version, Rosita doesn't seem to be in it so it must be a different documentary.

Source

TNA Wrestling has announced the match line-up for this weekend's live event tour in Burton, Ohio and Woodstock, Virginia.
    Title matches scheduled include Kurt Angle vs. AJ Styles for the World Heavyweight Championship, Mexican America vs. Devon and "The Pope" D'Angelo Dinero for the World Tag Team Championship, Winter vs. Mickie James for the Women's Knockout Championship, and Eric Young vs. Jeff Jarrett for the Television Championship. Also scheduled is Bully Ray vs. Mr. Anderson and Austin Aries vs. Alex Shelley vs. Robbie E.

Eric Young vs. Jeff Jarrett for the Television Championship :eek: forgot about this title when was it last defended?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Eric Young vs. Jeff Jarrett for the Television Championship :eek: forgot about this title when was it last defended?
    [/COLOR]

Last week on iMPACT!, EY beat Scott Baio.;)

Last week on iMPACT!, EY beat Scott Baio.;)

F*ck missed that

I love TNA's stage on the road.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

just a quick update on viewing figures, they only got 180,000 with their first Sunday airing on September 4th.
    that's their lowest in about four months

just a quick update on viewing figures, they only got 180,000 with their first Sunday airing on September 4th.

It's interesting compared to last week which broke 400,000 over the two showing that the other showing didn't even register this week.

It's interesting compared to last week which broke 400,000 over the two showing that the other showing didn't even register this week.

I may be way off here, but after glancing at the listings pages, the massive 403,000 figure although technically listed in the same week's ratings, i believe is actually for two originally broadcasted episodes due to the broadcast day change - 23rd and 28th August both fell into this same week but were both original broadcasted episodes, hence the high viewing figure.

In other words, the 23rd August episode was never repeated, just a new episode shown in the same week.

Week ending 28th august -
    tuesday 23rd august - first showing
    Sunday 28th august - first showing

Total 403,000 (2 original episodes)

Week ending 4th september -
    tuesday 30th august - repeat (which this week didnt break into the top 10 this week but could have still had a viewing as high as 118,000)
    sunday 4th september - first showing

Total as high as 298,000 (1 original, 1 repeat)

The first Sunday airing the week prior did 194,000 so it's only a drop of 14,000.

If the repeat broadcast on september 6th scores between 100,000 - 130,000, then it won't seem so bad.

A part of me died watching Flair/Sting on Impact. So sad.

A part of me died watching Flair/Sting on Impact. So sad.

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭sliotor

Why?
    I find it sad when I see flair in the ring now, he should have walked away but he needs the money from his divorces and blowing his money. Again its just my opinion but he just should not wrestle any more he is past it by a decade at this stage.

I liked the Jay Lethal/Flair match but this I couldnt take. There was just a patheticness about him now which superceeds Ric being the Nature Boy.

I don't get people saying it's sad (obviously besides Flair's financial circumstances (and being honest there's a good chance Flair would still be wrestling anyway even if he didn't have financial difficulties)). If any other two wrestlers had the same match Sting and Flair had on iMPACT! it would be considered an entertaining main event to further the story, but because it's Flair and Sting it suddenly becomes sad. I for one thought the match was damn enjoyable (and even in 2011 they could probably still do better).

• Advertisement

I don't get people saying it's sad (obviously besides Flair's financial circumstances (and being honest there's a good chance Flair would still be wrestling anyway even if he didn't have financial difficulties)). If any other two wrestlers had the same match Sting and Flair had on iMPACT! it would be considered an entertaining main event to further the story, but because it's Flair and Sting it suddenly becomes sad. I for one thought the match was damn enjoyable (and even in 2011 they could probably still do better).

Besides the above.

His legs shaking while taking the superplex spot on his injured shoulder at age 62.

Not being able to do the Flair flop fully anymore instead landing on his knee first.

For a guy with amazing cardio and longetivity to be breathing detressingly hard.

Moving slow without the charisma and joy on his face. The definition of going through the motions there.

etc etc etc

Advertisement