Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The offical TNA thread - News, Spoilers and the rest...

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Hogan says Roode not ready; Hardy next IT guy...
    Robert Roode: “Nah, he’s not ready. He’s not the next guy. Ya’ know, they might think he is. Dixie Carter might think he is. The whole world might think he is. He’s not the next guy. If I had to bet money on anybody and really be serious about betting money on anybody, I’d say Jeff Hardy is the next guy if he keeps his act together. Um, that’s what you gotta to have, man. This is much more than being a wrestler, this is crossing barriers, medias, ya’ know media barriers, and, and entertainment barriers of all kind. Getting your character down verbally has 90% to do with getting over. I just have a very strong feeling Kurt Angle’s going to clean his clock performance wise, and carry the match, and basically remains the champion. He’s training for the Olympics. He’s had some up and down moments, and I think this is not gonna be a down moment for Kurt Angle, so I’m betting that farm on him."

James Storm: "I’d go with James Storm all day long. Mainstream brotha’! Cowboy hat, beer drinking, middle America, Nascar, Walmart, Country Western. I mean all day long, it’s a no brainer. That’s me. That’s my opinion. So, I mean, Bobby Roode’s a tremendous athlete. I would change. I’d build him from Venice Beach, California or Omaha, Nebraska instead of, I dunno, Canada, eh’? I love him to death. He’s a great kid. When he looked down at me from the ring, and we had an argument one day, and he goes, “What the hell have you ever done?” I said man, this guy’d be a great heel, but yeah he has a lot of potential there for him to, but if you ask me to choose who to run with’, and you gave me those two choices? That’s my opinion."

Jeff Hardy: "If I had to bet money on anybody, and really be serious about betting money on anybody, I’d say Jeff Hardy’s the next guy if he keeps his act together. Well, I think he’s got a lot of shine to him, I mean he just doesn’t have 5-star matches. He shines outside the ring. He walks through the mall, and people know who he is. He’s got a look, he’s got an air about him. He’s got the “IT” factor. That’s what you gotta’ have, man. This is much more than being a wrestler. This is crossing barriers, medias,, media barriers, and, and entertainment barriers of all kind. And I think the kid, Jeff Hardy has the potential to really be the guy."

http://www.pwpix.net/pwpixnews/headlines/320607893.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

how to put over Bobby Roode, Hogan style:mad:

AJ Styles responded to Hulk Hogan's statements about Styles, Bobby Roode and other talents during an appearance on Sirius Radio's "Busted Open" via his Twitter account, writing:

"Frustration setting in when your own guys bury the company that u have worked so hard for........ Brother!"

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭sockmo

you can watch bound for glory streaming for free at this link, think it starts at 1...should be a good one.

http://www.firstrowsports.tv/watch/86477/1/watch-tna-bound-for-glory.html

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Kurt Angle on his return to collegiate Olympic wrestling:
    “I’ve been training for the last six months. The training has gone phenomenally well. I didn’t realize I was going catch on this quickly, but you know it’s like getting on a bicycle and riding again. That’s not to say it didn’t go without any injuries here and there. I’ve hurt my Achilles tendon and my hamstring but I’ve been hanging on tightly and training very hard. I’m on schedule so thank God, I have a very good chance of making the team. A lot of it has to do with me beating a guy named Jake Barter, who is a world silver and bronze medalist. He hasn’t had quite the success I have had when I was there but when I was there I was very young. I was in my mid-twenties and I didn’t have a game plan. Now I’m a lot older and wiser; I look at my training, I look at my game plan, I look at the way I’m going to wrestle. I know I’ll make a lot less mistakes and I know I’ll train more properly. The thing was that I had over-trained in the past. I was training nine or ten hours a day, and at some point it became counterproductive. I think I could have been a much better wrestler if I had done things the right way.”

On his line of food products:
    “You know, a lot of people have been counting calories, carbohydrates, fats, proteins, but never count fiber. I’m going to say this now: fiber is the best kept secret in the world. It can really make or break your body. Fiber can help you lose fat, body weight, lower cholesterol, blood pressure and sugar. Basically it is the healthiest product on the market. There are a lot of fiber products that are one or two layer fibers. UltraFiber DX from Angle Foods is and eight layer fiber developed by a doctor in Germany. It was intended to help obese and diabetic patients to get off medication and help improve quality and longevity of life. You can purchase it at anglefoods.com. This is what you should be feeding your kids. The powder works as a cooking agent. You can make it into pancakes, pizza and bread dough, and so many other things.”

On the current direction of Impact Wrestling and “passing the torch”:
    “God willing, we have more wrestling and less talk. I’ve been pushing for that. Sometimes we have people there on the show that don’t wrestle. They take up a lot of the show with only promos. The young guys need to step up and be the guys cutting the promos. It’s kind of a catch 22. We need to realize who we are and we need to fix the problem. The young talent needs the opportunity to shine. I’m one of the top guys in the company and I don’t want to remain there. I don’t know who it will be but I am more than willing to find somebody in the company to hand to torch over to and say ‘hey, you take the lead and I’ll follow you.’

"I’m near the end of my career. I’ve got three more years left with TNA Wrestling and then I’m done. I signed that deal with TNA so I can help the company. I want them to compete with WWE. It will take some time, but it will happen.”

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

The following matches were announced for Thursday's IMPACT Wrestling…

* Abyss vs. Scott Steiner
    * Knockouts Tag Team Title Match: Tara and Brooke Tessmacher © vs. Winter and Angelina Love

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I havent watched it recently, but last time I did Abyss and Steiner were together in Immortal. Did they kick Abyss out?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I havent watched it recently, but last time I did Abyss and Steiner were together in Immortal. Did they kick Abyss out?

They beat him up last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,323 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Kurt Angle tweeted Monday night that he’s taking a week off to deal with his hamstring injury. No word on if this means one TV taping or an entire week of in-ring action.

“Great PPV last night. Bobby Roode is one of the Best Wrestlers today! I am Still Going for Olympics. Only taking 1 Week Off 2 heal hamstring!”

Two TV tapings where he probably wasnt going to wrestle anyway and maybe a house show. Not exactly taking much time off, is he?

• Advertisement

http://pwinsider.com/article/62608/tna-impact-taping-spoiler-for-tonight.html?p=1
    Former WWE Diva and the first TNA Knockouts champion Gail Kim is scheduled to return to TNA at tonight's Impact Wrestling taping in Orlando.

Oh hay
    Velvet
    , hope you didnt think you were keeping that title did you?

bf2e95ca05df7a21b60981cf0011ae7e_L.jpg?timestamp=943941600

Ronnie Ortiz-Magro gets in the ring with TNA's IMPACT WRESTLING on SpikeTV! Star of MTV's "Jersey Shore" makes his wrestling debut on Thursday, November 3. Ronnie Ortiz-Magro, star of MTV’s megahit series, “Jersey Shore,” will bring his pumping fists and bravado into the wrestling ring on TNA’s “Impact Wrestling” airing exclusively on Spike TV Thursday, November 3 at 9:00pm ET/PT.

The episode will tape October 26 from The Macon Coliseum in Macon, Georgia.

Ronnie will appear on two episodes of Spike TV’s hit weekly series with the biggest names in professional wrestling such as Hulk Hogan, Sting, Rob Van Dam, AJ Styles, and Kurt Angle.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

No Paul from Fade Street

What I dont get about all these Jersey Shore nobodies being brought in is the fact that both shows air at the same time. Jersey Shore fans will be watching Jersey Shore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Ronnie Vs Robbie E at Turning Point

Some people were speculating Spike was going to do a major format change even the idea they would their best rated programme IMPACT! but their future seems safer after this:

Major Company Buys Bellator, Sets Up Key Television Deal
    October 26, 2011

By Brian Cantor
    “Here we go!”

Spike TV is losing original UFC broadcasting to the FOX brand of networks at the end of the calendar year, but by 2013, it will be back in the MMA race.

Thanks to a majority-stake purchase from Viacom, the parent of Spike TV as well as Bellator FC’s current broadcast home MTV2, the number two domestic fight organization will join the network’s lineup in 2013, says USA Today.

“It puts all of those cornerstones of ownership in place for us,” says CEO Bjorn Rebney “Which is something that’s been so seriously lacking in the MMA space with so many different companies, including Strikeforce and the IFL and Affliction and all the different failures that have occurred. … It alleviates those issues.”

According to the USA Today story, Spike maintains the ability to air re-runs of UFC’s current programming through the end of 2012, which explains why the network can take its time rolling out the debut of Bellator. By then, the strongest possible offering–with HD broadcasts included–will be ready to go head-to-head with UFC.

rovert wrote: »
    Some people were speculating Spike was going to do a major format change even the idea they would their best rated programme IMPACT! but their future seems safer after this:

They even used TNA as an example of losing the market leader and picking up a smaller company to eventually build to strong numbers for the network in the USA Today article. That and the fact they've already been working on creating some branding synergy between TNA and Bellator should make TNA quite pleased today.

They even used TNA as an example of losing the market leader and picking up a smaller company to eventually build to strong numbers for the network in the USA Today article. That and the fact they've already been working on creating some branding synergy between TNA and Bellator should make TNA quite pleased today.

Dixie tweeted congratulations and said her Bellator opposite number Bjorn Rebney will be attending the IMPACT tapings tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Oh TNA....never fails to "shock".

BIG IMPACT spoiler
    Bobby Roode is TNA Champion now.

• Advertisement

Gail Kim being ten times more ridey in TNA seems to be a law of Wrestling.

Time mark: 4.05

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,037 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

rovert wrote: »
    Gail Kim being ten times more ridey in TNA seems to be a law of Wrestling.

Not normally a fan of hers, but you're right, she looks way hotter there than I've ever seen her look.

If you go to ImpactWrestling.com, you'll notice the headline for Ronnie coming in is:

"Ronnie From "Jersery Shore" Is Coming To IMPACT WRESTLING"

The typo has been up for days now and nobody has bothered to correct it...

They once spelt September as Setpember and it was up for quite a while.

Someone that used to work for TNA gave an interview before and said in the offices where WWE has (at least) one person for every job, TNA have one person for (at least) ten jobs. If you run a business like that, stupid stuff like spelling errors are going to slip through the cracks all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    stupid stuff like spelling errors are going to slip through the cracks all the time.

Even a Donkey knows there is spell checking on a computer though.

GTR63 wrote: »
    Even a Donkey knows there is spell checking on a computer though.
    AFAIK, there is no spell check on photoshop or other imaging software. The spelling mistakes are usually in images so someone made it, typed in whatever and didnt bother to check it before getting it put up on the website.

To me, it seems like they are under so much pressure that they just assume everything is spelled right and dont bother to check. Hiring a few more people instead of penny pinching would solve that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

That's true; sure there's a spelling mistake on the Orton DVD too -- when they show what's written on Orton's tattoo -- remain "vigilante". I guess nobody really proof-reads these things, it's just get it done and move on.

Main headline is a bit embarassing though.

Eh, typos are always going to fall through the cracks. On another note, James Storm got the better entrance music off the back of the Beer Money stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Main headline is a bit embarassing though.

Jersery Shore is a bit better than Jersey Whore I suppose.
    :)

• Advertisement

I dont mind typos on DVDs which can't be changed, or ones which are caught quickly. But this has been up for days and it would take seconds to fix.

Advertisement