Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The offical TNA thread - News, Spoilers and the rest...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

TNA have never actually had a 60 minute Iron Man match.

I'd rather see that than Ink Inc vs Mexican America or a Crimson vs Matt Morgan match. Pity they wouldn't do a hour i'm really looking forward to it all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

GTR63 wrote: »
    I'd rather see that than Ink Inc vs Mexican America or a Crimson vs Matt Morgan match. Pity they wouldn't do a hour i'm really looking forward to it all the same.

I would rather watch paint dry for a hour then watch crimson for a second

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

campo wrote: »
    I would rather watch paint dry for a hour then watch crimson for a second

I'd take the second. :p

Jaysus, that must be the biggest ex-WWE nobody that TNA is courting!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

As much as im liking TNA recently that was a stupid move , since they spent time building up Inc Ink and Mexican America then you have Bore 1 and Bore 2 tag together and beat them. How long till they turn one heel and take out each other? Kinda like Morgan and Hernandez

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I havent watched TNA for so long, how many weeks old is the episode of Impact being shown right now on challenge?

*edit: I see "Turning point this sunday" in the background so i assume it was last week. Off to the right thread i go :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,323 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Source

Speaking to Antelope Valley Press, Christopher Daniels says his heel character in TNA Wrestling is based off his real-life personality and therefore easy for him to portray.

"I'm a bit of a (smart-aleck) in real life and so the character I'm doing now, especially on television, is that character amped up to a degree where you would want to see me getting smacked in the mouth. But that's part of the fun of it," Daniels says.

"It's a lot easier being the villain, especially for my style of wrestling. It's a lot easier for me to be the foil than to be the dynamic focus of attention."

In the nearly 19 years since Daniels has been wrestling, he feels the biggest change has been how accessible wrestlers and wrestling is now to fans due to the internet. Social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter allow wrestlers to instantly connect with fans.

"One of my favorite things now is to get on Twitter and just say something ridiculous and just gauge the response," Daniels said "I get people just so upset."

Technology has also been huge boon to wrestlers looking to get noticed.

"Back in the day, if you wanted to be seen by a promoter and you wanted to get work, you had to send them a tape," Daniels said. "There were many long hours of having two VCRs, one connected to the other, and making your own tape — record, stop, record, stop. Now, you email a YouTube link to a guy."

He continues, "As a wrestling fan, it’s so much easier to see all of this stuff. "In turn, it sort of makes it easier on the wrestler, depending on who you are to be seen or to sort of spread your signature to the wrestling public."

Daniels can't pinpoint what's made him successful in the wrestling business, but he's hoping it continues for several more years.

"I wish I could say that there was one specific break that put me over the top, but it was a bunch of little breaks that sort of led to having a schedule where I was doing this for an actual living rather than just weekend fun," he said. "Hopefully, I keep going. Keep those small breaks going."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Charisteas wrote: »
    TNA have announced a tour of South America for November.

http://www.impactwrestling.com/news/item/3020-IMPACT-WRESTLING-Announces-November-Events-In-Chile-Argentina

Yet South America is practically the only place in the world which doesn't broadcast Impact.

http://www.impactwrestling.com/news/item/1795-tna-wrestling-television-programming

I just don't understand the logic in that. Like how are any of the fans in Chile and Argentina going to know who this company is? Boggles the mind.

This tour has been cancelled just a few days before it was scheduled to take place. According to TNA it's because the event organiser didn't meet his obligations, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was because they didn't sell enough tickets.

Like I said originally, TNA programming is broadcast in Europe, India, Asia, Mexico, Australia, Middle East, and Africa. So with South America being practically the only place not broadcasting, why on earth choose to go there?

Yet what's more frustrating is that they would sell very well for a Dublin show, which they chose not to visit on their forthcoming Euro tour in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Considering the wrestlers were literally just about to leave, I'd actually believe the stuff about the promoter. And TNA would run Dublin if it were financially beneficial to do so, the fact that they aren't clearly means it isn't. Unless they could get decent numbers into the O2 it's not worth it for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I reckon they would need to run three, four even five nights for it to be worth their while. They do a good few shows in England and a few others in big counties around Europe where they will likely get the attandance needed to make a profit. In Ireland, they would have to run the o2 probably twice to make a profit assuming it doesnt cost them a stupid amount of money to do so.

This is all under the assumption that each show is a sell out or close enough btw.

• Advertisement

He got a little too big for his boots very quickly didn't he (and it's not like this'll do his girlfriend any favours).

He got a little too big for his boots very quickly didn't he (and it's not like this'll do his girlfriend any favours).

On top off that he's a useless wrestler. Who looks like twat with a mohawk and stupid tattoo's and piercings. I always forgot his name anyway so I won't miss him. Hope Shannon moore pisses of too.

And thats CVE becoming the top jobber in the Knockouts division.

If it was his choice, I reckon they wanted him to go to OVW. Bit late for that, he's improved in the ring since his debut so OVW wouldnt really help him much other than getting to wrestle every week which he could do on the Indy scene if he wanted.

Please let Power Slam's sources be correct.
    http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/headlines/TNA_Wrestler_Interested_In_Joining_WWE.php
    Good riddance if true

He's been treading water for over a year now in TNA.

Greenood, MS will host the IMPACT WRESTLING World Tour on Friday, November 18 at the LeFlore Civic Center at 7:30 pm presented by Direct Auto Insurance. Tickets go on sale Friday, October 7 at protix.com, or charge by phone at 1-866-977-6849. ALL Tickets to the event include all you can eat popcorn, fountain drinks, hot dogs, candy, pickles and cookies.

That sure is mighty generous. Throw in a private strip tease from a Knockout of your choice, and you got yourself an early Christmas :D

Link

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Fappage until ODB flashes up on screen :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭Riddle101

rovert wrote: »
    This is rather funny as OVW is pretty much Cornette's child and Russo now has his dirty New York hands on it. Jim trolled again.

I thought Jim Cornette hated being in OVW. In shoot interviews he always seemed to hate his job there.

I remember him saying that they put him in hell by putting him in OVW because he wanted to be in Conneticut with the rest of the WWE top brass, while they also put Paul Haymen in hell by putting him in Conneticut while he wanted to be in charge of the talent in OVW. Eventually Haymen got his wish and was finally given OVW, while Cornette got in trouble for slapping Santino Marella or something.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Riddle101 wrote: »
    I thought Jim Cornette hated being in OVW. In shoot interviews he always seemed to hate his job there.

I remember him saying that they put him in hell by putting him in OVW because he wanted to be in Conneticut with the rest of the WWE top brass, while they also put Paul Haymen in hell by putting him in Conneticut while he wanted to be in charge of the talent in OVW. Eventually Haymen got his wish and was finally given OVW, while Cornette got in trouble for slapping Santino Marella or something.

That isnt the case at all Cornette wanted to go to OVW it was his idea and loved the place. He just hated the influence of WWE HQ on it. He has been working for OVW for free the past year as he believes in it so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭Riddle101

rovert wrote: »
    That isnt the case at all Cornette wanted to go to OVW it was his idea and loved the place. He just hated the influence of WWE HQ on it. He has been working for OVW for free the past year as he believes in it so.

Oh. I could've sworn I saw a shoot interview where Cornette talks about being in OVW but wanting to be in conneticut and Haymen being in Connecticut but wanting to be in OVW or something to thta regard. I'm going to try and find that shoot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,323 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

InDemand.com has posted the following poster, featuring Jeff Hardy, for TNA's 2012 Genesis PPV:

261355_lg.jpg?1322789153

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I thought on the 8th day, God created Mankind. Why was he having such a bad day?

That looks like someone called the TNA graphics department and asked was the poster done, it needs to be made public in two minutes and they hadnt even started it yet.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    That looks like someone called the TNA graphics department and asked was the poster done, it needs to be made public in two minutes and they hadnt even started it yet.

Its in his titantron video too, it does look like something that you could make yourself in about 5 minutes. I guess he ain't losing that cage match to Jarrett i'll puke when they put the belt on the waster. Hogan and Bichoff can't wait to do it i'd imagine.

Its in his titantron video too, it does look like something that you could make yourself in about 5 minutes. I guess he ain't losing that cage match to Jarrett i'll puke when they put the belt on the waster. Hogan and Bichoff can't wait to do it i'd imagine.

He's not going to beat Roode in January, and Hogan and Bischoff would have nothing to do with that decision anyway.

He's not going to beat Roode in January,

I think Hardy will beat Roode in January because TNA will want to bring a babyface Champion to the European tour and sell a sh!t load of merchandise.

And Jeff Hardy is a huge merch seller.

Think they did the same last year at Genesis, they had babyface Anderson beat heel Hardy just before their January '11 tour. And before the October '09 Euro tour, at No Surrender, they had AJ win it.

I see a pattern emerging here.

He's not going to beat Roode in January, and Hogan and Bischoff would have nothing to do with that decision anyway.

I've a bad feeling they'll put the belt on him and he'll screw up again. I'd love if Sting cost him the match its not as if sting owes him a favour. As for Hogan and Jackoff i'm basing my assumption on what Hogan said about Rhoode prior to B4G and Bischoff loves praising Jeff as if him staying clean is a huge achievement for a professional.

Charisteas wrote: »
    I think Hardy will beat Roode in January because TNA will want to bring a babyface Champion to the European tour and sell a sh!t load of merchandise.

And Jeff Hardy is a huge merch seller.

Think they did the same last year at Genesis, they had babyface Anderson beat heel Hardy just before their January '11 tour. And before the October '09 Euro tour, at No Surrender, they had AJ win it.

Coincidence. AJ wasn't even on that tour. The next TNA champion will be James Storm.

• Advertisement

TNA continuing to do their best to get Roode over as a heel:

Advertisement