Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The offical TNA thread - News, Spoilers and the rest...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,323 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Source

Busted Open Interview: James Storm
    Hosts: Doug Mortman and Dave Lagreca
    Busted Open can be heard Monday, Wednesday and Friday on Sirius 94 XM 208
    Storm's on his short TNA Title reign: "Like you said, it was a little bitter sweet, but it kind of makes me want it more now to go after it. I wasn’t really after the world title to say. It was kind of Bobby Roode’s spotlight moment with him and Kurt Angle and all this. I wasn’t told that I was actually getting a heavyweight title until like 2 hours before the show started. So, and to become the new world champion, it was a great moment, and one that I’ll never forget."

Storm vs. Bobby Roode's character: "My character…I have character. I have a character that a lot of people can relate to. A guy who drinks beer, and goes out hunting, and fishing, and just hangs out at the bar, and has a good time. Like you said, Walmart, Nascar, it’s all that character fit into one, which looking at Bobby Roode, who is Bobby Roode? What exactly is Bobby Roode besides being jacked? I mean, I don’t know what definition of a character you’d give him? Growing up, wrestling had characters, and I think that’s what wrestling today is missing. They don’t really have the flashy characters they did back then. You had the Jake Roberts, and you had The Macho Man. Even Hulk Hogan, Ultimate Warrior. All of those guys were different characters. It seems like today all the wrestlers are almost the same. They’re like the same build, and they wrestle the same, and all this. So, it’s kind of hard to find a unique character."

Storm on Kurt Angle: "To me, without a doubt, Kurt Angle is the greatest wrestler to ever set foot in a ring, in a wrestling ring. I mean, there’s no one in professional wrestling that can out-wrestle Kurt, and always when I’m trying to put a story together, that’s one of the things that I put in there; that I cannot out-wrestle Kurt. I’m not gonna’ try it. I won’t go in there and try to take my fist and stick it to the back of his head as hard as I can. So, if it’s done right, I think me and Kurt can definitely be one of the feuds of the year."

Storm on tweeting: "To me, it’s one of those things that I really wasn’t thinking I guess because I was so overwhelmed of me winning the world title that I don’t think…I don’t want to say that didn’t care that I got in trouble. But at the time,, that was my moment, and already you had all kinds of spoilers out saying that I won the world title, and all this. So, they already knew that I won the world title basically. So, I’m going to just say, "Hey, tune in this Thursday to see me win the world title, and enjoy this moment with me." Instead of saying, "Hey, tune in to see if I win the world title." It was the biggest ratings, and that’s kind of what I was trying to get at is, yeah I Tweeted, I won the world title, but I didn’t Tweet out how I won it, what happened during, after the match or anything like that. It was Tweeted, "Hey, tune in because I won the world title." Even though I kind of ruined the surprise for some people, but like you said, I think people wanted to tune in to see it happen."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

https://twitter.com/TNADixie
    I've just put pen to paper on something BIG for our great fans in the UK and Ireland. Full details in the morning...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Madison Rayne for Playboy pleez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,617 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Live broadcasts ?

Headshot wrote: »
    Live broadcasts ?

i'd love live and FREE ppv's. It better be good and not a big letdown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Maybe this is it:

379851_259096580812655_164584503597197_649838_1291611036_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

they should have had used someone who's actually single for that competition

Yeah and I was thinking if anybody entered from over here since they ain't coming over to Ireland this time you'd have to get across to the England if you won the competition.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Who do you suggest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

rovert wrote: »
    Who do you suggest?

Chyna.

You'd get more than just dinner.

• Advertisement

CMpunked wrote: »
    Chyna.

You'd get more than just dinner.

Dinner, a Show and a STD.

It's an extension of their current TV deal until the end of 2013, no scheduling changes.

The two highlights of iMPACT!, James Storm being awesome and Devon throwing Pope into a wall:

The two highlights of iMPACT!, James Storm being awesome and Devon throwing Pope into a wall:

No Knockouts(in particular M.rayne and Velvet) in Bikini's i'm gutted. Looking forward to final resolution though

GTR63 wrote: »
    Looking forward to final resolution though

It's a stacked line-up alright.

It's a stacked line-up alright.

Storm vs Angle should be great. I'm assuming both have recovered and are good to go sunday. Knockout, Ironman and Cage match should be great too. But i'm dreading the tag match I HATE Crimson & Morgan and couldn't care less about Pope,Devon and his two sons(who remind me of thomson and thompson in TinTin). Where is Devon's Wife now?

GTR63 wrote: »
    Storm vs Angle should be great. I'm assuming both have recovered and are good to go sunday. Knockout, Ironman and Cage match should be great too. But i'm dreading the tag match I HATE Crimson & Morgan and couldn't care less about Pope,Devon and his two sons(who remind me of thomson and thompson in TinTin). Where is Devon's Wife now?

Plus Aries/Kash, RVD/Daniels and even Robbie E/EY should range from great to fun. I'd have a little more faith if the show were outside Orlando but it should be a very good show nonetheless.

Plus Aries/Kash, RVD/Daniels and even Robbie E/EY should range from great to fun. I'd have a little more faith if the show were outside Orlando but it should be a very good show nonetheless.

The impact zone has no atmosphere alrite and hasn't for a long time. Fingers crossed Daniels beats Rvd who i'm completly sick of with his 10+ year old spots. I'm really enjoying Robbie E lately too, he has somehow made Rob Terry bareable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Has RVD lost ANY of his TNA matches 100% cleanly? As in no interference, no weapons used on him and no Abyss killing him backstage with Janice. I seriously cant think of one time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,323 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Source

Wrestler Hulk Hogan has filed a lawsuit against former spouse Linda Bollea, claiming she lied and defamed him in her new autobiography.

According to the St. Petersburg Times, the lawsuit alleges that Linda wrote Wrestling the Hulk—My Life Against the Ropes in an effort to revive her career.
    In the book, Linda accuses Hogan (real name Terry Bollea), of abusing her during their marriage, which ended in 2009. She also claims that her ex had homosexual encounters as well.
    The 18-page lawsuit states that such allegations are not only false but have "harmed the reputation of Mr. Bollea, exposed him to distrust, hatred, contempt and ridicule."
    Hogan is demanding a jury trial and a halt to his ex-wife's comments, which have also been broadcast and published while Linda has been out promoting the book.
    News of the suit comes just a couple of weeks after it was revealed that Linda received a little more than 70 percent of the couple's liquid assets as part of their divorce settlement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Has RVD lost ANY of his TNA matches 100% cleanly? As in no interference, no weapons used on him and no Abyss killing him backstage with Janice. I seriously cant think of one time.

No Job Bob actually did job clean to Hardy last year. Really sure about it, as I was shocked he lost straight up :p

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/TNA/article10022202.shtml
    The TNA India projected is backed by a major production company known as Endemol. The TNA offshoot promotion will be taping television this month and again in January that will air on the Colors network in India.

The point man for the project is Jeff Jarrett. Former TNA creative team member Dutch Mantell is involved in the creative end of the project, and former WWE creative team member Dave Lagana is in charge of the actual writing and formatting of the series. Former WWE wrestler Savio Vega, who also worked as a TNA agent, is helping train some of the Indian talent at Ohio Valley Wrestling.

The talent pool for the project is said to include Chris Masters, Chavo Guerrero, MVP, Cliff Compton, Nick Dinsmore (a/k/a Eugene), Sonjay Dutt, Shawn Daivari, and Arya Daivari. Plus, the show will also feature the Indian talent that is being trained by Vega.

There was a notable Indian celebrity that was attached to the project, but the man had to back out due to medical reasons. With the celebrity out of the picture, the decision was made to bring in Matt Morgan and Abyss to add more star power to the roster.

Powell's POV: Mantell and Lagana were backstage at the Impact Wrestling tapings last week. Lagana was said to be adamant with those he spoke with that he is not involved in the Impact Wrestling creative process. The original plan was to use a lot of TNA undercard talent on this project. While some undercard wrestlers may still be used, it appears that the addition of Morgan and Abyss may have led to a change in plans for some of the undercard talent.

Masters announced his involvement on Twitter, and Shawn Daivari noted that he and his younger brother Arya would be involved when I interviewed him recently. Former WWE wrestler Carlito Colon is rumored to be involved with the project, but sources could not confirm that he will be working the tapings. The project is merely an offshoot of TNA, so there's no guarantee that the former WWE wrestlers who are working the tour will end up doing additional work for TNA.

The project is considered a major plus for TNA, as Endemol is a very successful television production company, and the venture has the potential to be very lucrative. Although the show is being made specifically for the Indian market, it may be available on some cable or satellite systems that feature international programming - specifically the Colors network.

Update: We've also heard that Bobby Lashley will be on the India tour.

A 100 JEFF JARRETTS?

What a fun TV show this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

TNA needs to either find a larger arena to base out of, or go on the road more. The lack of atmosphere is really ruining their product. It still feels like WCW-lite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

dlofnep wrote: »
    TNA needs to either find a larger arena to base out of, or go on the road more. The lack of atmosphere is really ruining their product. It still feels like WCW-lite.

Nothing to do with size, the majority of the crowd are tourists who seen the hulk hogan banner hanging outside and decided to give it a go since they were already there. They need to start charging, which means moving regardless of the size.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Nothing to do with size, the majority of the crowd are tourists who seen the hulk hogan banner hanging outside and decided to give it a go since they were already there. They need to start charging, which means moving regardless of the size.

Yes I agree to an extent - but even if the crowd was on fire, there still isn't enough to create a big-arena atmosphere that Raw or WCW Nitro gave. They need to move. But staying there is convenient for alot of wrestlers who live in the area and don't want to be on the road all the time.

rovert wrote: »
    What a fun TV show this week.

iMPACT! has been so great the last couple of months.

iMPACT! has been so great the last couple of months.

Dont push it MF :P Storm and Roode have been great and the rest is more or less grand.

Karen and Jeff were great this week. Really done comedy.

I got a great laugh out of seeing Freeloaders mentioned a LOT with the competition for Tna/challenge tv. I've enjoyed impact lately bar Morgan and Crimson which bore the life out of me. Wish they'd use Kazarian and Shelley more. Can't believe whats happening with Samoa Joe, ok they ain't pushing him but he couldn't care less anymore which is quite sad as I was a huge fan of him.

• Advertisement

Karen has a special talent:

;)

Advertisement