Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The offical TNA thread - News, Spoilers and the rest...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

A few pics from TNA's India project (being called Ring Ka King):
    23373402+%25281%2529.jpg
    68269930.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Horsebox9000

That set up looks great. I know there is going to be tons of people who will still hate tna/impact till the day they die but you have to commend dixie or whoever for bringing wrestling to that part of the world and making a big deal out of it.
    Also, I certainly wouldn't mind having mrs.jarett testing her special talent out on me. Haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Just on the whole India thing
    Matt Morgan is the inaugural heavyweight champion of the "Ring Ka King" promotion. Morgan beat Scott Steiner in the finals of an eight-man tournament.

- Chavo Guerrero & Harry Smith are the inaugural tag team champions for the promotion.

- One of the big matches taped for the weekly TV series was Matt Morgan, Chavo Guerrero and Harry Smith vs. Scott Steiner, Sonjay Dutt and Magnus in a six-man tag match.

- Scott Steiner is playing an antagonizing heel. "Antagonizing" being the key word, as there was reportedly a near-riot during the six-man tag match when Steiner approached fans near the guardrail

Put it in spoiler tags just incase.

The channel it's set to air on in India is available on Sky but they may not actually show it here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 231 ✭✭alex1997123

The channel it's set to air on in India is available on Sky but they may not actually show it here.

Do you know if the channel its going to be aired on is avaible on UPC/NTL

Also some more news:
    - Matt Morgan is the inaugural heavyweight champion of the "Ring Ka King" promotion.(I deleted who he beat to win the title)

- Chavo Guerrero & Harry Smith are the inaugural tag team champions for the promotion.

- One of the big matches taped for the weekly TV series was Matt Morgan, Chavo Guerrero and Harry Smith vs. Scott Steiner, Sonjay Dutt and Magnus in a six-man tag match.

- Scott Steiner is playing an antagonizing heel. "Antagonizing" being the key word, as there was reportedly a near-riot during the six-man tag match when Steiner approached fans near the guardrail.

• Advertisement

Do you know if the channel its going to be aired on is avaible on UPC/NTL

Not according to the Wiki.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Riddle101 wrote: »
    - Scott Steiner is playing an antagonizing heel. "Antagonizing" being the key word, as there was reportedly a near-riot during the six-man tag match when Steiner approached fans near the guardrail
    I want to see it JUST for that! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,617 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

What is the channels name on sky?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Headshot wrote: »
    What is the channels name on sky?

Colors TV on Sky 829

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

rovert wrote: »
    Karen has a special talent:

;)

HAHA Borash's reaction was brilliant....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

When is the first episode due to air on Indian TV?

Charisteas wrote: »

Sometime in January, I haven't seen a specific date yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 231 ✭✭alex1997123

Charisteas wrote: »
    saturday January 14

A spoiler from one of TNA's India tapings that sounds like one of the best things in the history of wrestling:
    - Scott Steiner and Abyss defeated Barood and Romeo Rapta (both Indian wrestlers). The match was really a squash match but what followed was one of the most amazing sights on a wrestling show you could ever wish to see. Following the win, Steiner motioned to punch one of the people in the crowd. He then climbed over the barrier and into the crowd. The crowd scattered in opposite directions away from him as if he were a raging bull! He then proceeded to climb to the second tier like f***ing King Kong and those people tried to run away from him too! Great stuff by Steiner! I hope they got it on camera because it is to be seen to be believed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭Riddle101

A spoiler from one of TNA's India tapings that sounds like one of the best things in the history of wrestling:

Lol, I think they actually think wrestling real over there, so chances are they proberly did believe Steiner was going to hurt them:D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,323 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Good idea but poor execution imo. Storm and Velvet look okay but Roode, Hardy and Gail look like they were done in paint.

Have they pulled back on the Impact Wrestling thing? A lot of TNA and very little IW on that.

Also reports coming in that at the second RKK TV taping,
    Brutus Magnus beat Matt Morgan for the top title.
    It truely is a TNA based show :P

It truely is a TNA based show :P

I would've thought
    changing your champion
    half way through your TV based 13 week season is perfectly fine.

Ah, fair enough then. When I read "second TV tapings", I thought it meant it would be show 2. Didn't realise they were doing multiple shows per taping....

• Advertisement

c656ba03f52a5357cbe6c17dbf6cb0a8_L.jpg?t=1325642254
    - Just days before their World Title match at Genesis, World Champion Bobby Roode and "The Charismatic Enigma" Jeff Hardy will go face-to-face one last time on IMPACT! What final words will champion and challenger have?

-In a huge 6 man main event Jeff Hardy will team with James Storm and "The Monster" Abyss to take on World Champion Bobby Roode, Kurt Angle, and Bully Ray.
    impact1a.jpg

- In tag team action, Knockouts Tag Team Champions Gail Kim and Madison Rayne will defend the gold against Mickie James and Traci Brooks
    impact3a.jpg

- Plus, the finals of the Wild Card Tournament will take place on Thursday on SpikeTV to determine who challenges Matt Morgan and Crimson for the World Tag Team Championship at Genesis as AJ Styles and Kazarian take on Samoa Joe and Magnus.
    impact2a.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,323 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

c656ba03f52a5357cbe6c17dbf6cb0a8_L.jpg?t=1325642254

I'm sure I read spoiler results for this show on here some time ago

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I'm sure I read spoiler results for this show on here some time ago

This is the final show from their marathon set of tapings last month. The show also has
    Zema Ion and Jesse Sorensen vs. Kid Kash and Austin Aries, and Gunner vs. RVD.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

PWTorch:
    Several TNA names have appeared in recent reports based on WWE's interest in signing the wrestlers once their TNA contracts expire. The following is a break down of reported names and WWE's actual interest (some or none), according to sources.

-- Beer Money (James Storm & Robert Roode): Last year, WWE had interest in the wrestlers as a tag team, but not as individuals. It would be interesting to see if WWE has re-scouted them as individuals following their TNA split and current singles runs.

-- Rob Van Dam: WWE has interest in bringing back RVD, who was a "free agent" when he decided to sign with TNA in March 2010.

-- Matt Morgan: WWE showed interest in Morgan in 2011, but Morgan noted in a Facebook Chat last year that he opted to "stay loyal" to TNA after being in contact with WWE.

-- Bully Ray: WWE has shown interest in Ray, who has dropped weight and done some of the best work of his career over the past 6-9 months.

-- Ink, Inc.: WWE may have interest in bringing back Shannon Moore, but Jesse Neal is viewed as a developmental prospect, at best.

-- Samoa Joe: WWE does not have interest in Joe. Joe was offered a WWE developmental contract in the early 2000s, but turned it down.

-- The Pope: WWE had interest in Pope D'Angelo Dinero last year when his career appeared to be on the rise, but Pope, who wrestled on the ECW brand as Elijah Burke, has not helped his cause by becoming lost in the shuffle in TNA.

-- Angelina Love: WWE currently does not have interest in Love, who has heat in the WWE women's locker room, according to sources. Love's TNA contract runs through the end of the year.

Who has heat with Love?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Not even Kenny Dalglish would take Samoa Joe now, he's been such a utter dissapointment for a few years after the botched heel turn he's just given up. Hope Rhoode and Storm stick with Tna they're needed and are finally getting pushed well. I was reading the PS 50 over the Christmas and they were saying AJ Styles wasn't happy with Hogan but wouldn't be welcomed in wwe which I found strange he's plenty good enough to be in wwe.

I cant even think of anyone who has worked with her for any reasonable lenght of time (Other than Kharma who isnt active) from WWE. Natty, Beth, Alicia and Kelly worked in OVW he same time as her but I dont remember hearing anything about problems.

Who has heat with Love?

I'd see this article as nothing but rumour mongering and pure speculation.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I cant even think of anyone who has worked with her for any reasonable lenght of time (Other than Kharma who isnt active) from WWE. Natty, Beth, Alicia and Kelly worked in OVW he same time as her but I dont remember hearing anything about problems.

I asked on twitter Love said that Laycool was a Beautiful People rip off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I asked on twitter Love said that Laycool was a Beautiful People rip off.

fair point really

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

GTR63 wrote: »
    I was reading the PS 50 over the Christmas and they were saying AJ Styles wasn't happy with Hogan but wouldn't be welcomed in wwe which I found strange he's plenty good enough to be in wwe.

he turned down a developmental contract back in 2002, and as they say "you don't say no to Vince McMahon"

Advertisement