Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The offical TNA thread - News, Spoilers and the rest...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

rovert wrote: »
    I asked on twitter Love said that Laycool was a Beautiful People rip off.

Maybe their feud goes back longer than Laycool and Beautiful People were even around -

Deep South Wrestling
    [SIZE=-1]September 8, 2005--Deep South Wrestling: Angel Williams defeated Michelle McCool.
    September 22, 2005--Deep South Wrestling: Angel Williams defeated Daisy Mae (Michelle McCool was a no-show).
    [/SIZE]
    Not sure if that was a storyline no-show or legit, but maybe McCool wasn't willing to job twice to Williams or they had some sort of disagreement about how the match would play out.

http://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com/profiles/a/angelina-love.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

From Dixie's Facebook:
    BIG NEWS FOR TNA. We will film Impact from Wembley Arena in London on January 28th!!! Cannot tell you how excited I am! More details will be announced next week. Spread the word...you will not want to miss this special night.

It's about time really. I'll be at the Manchester show unfortunately though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Tha is pretty cool. Hopefully they'll go all out for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

From Dixie's Facebook:

It's about time really. I'll be at the Manchester show unfortunately though.

Thats Great news always thought the likes of Rhoode and Styles felt like bigger stars to the uk crowd than they do in the ghastly impact zone and its jaded audience. Hope its more than 1 episode

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

It's really odd how they do so much better in the UK when you resize it to match America. Im surprised it took them this long to record a show over this side of the pond. Assuming it's a success, I reckon they'll do it every time they are over which seems to be every year now. What would be great, is if they recorded a whole month's worth of shows during the Euopean tour just to mix it up a little.

Saying that, Id be a little dissapointed if I was going to the show as the TV tapings have very little wrestling while the House shows tend to be nearly all wrestling with a few pre/post match interviews thrown in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

GTR63 wrote: »
    Thats Great news always thought the likes of Rhoode and Styles felt like bigger stars to the uk crowd than they do in the ghastly impact zone and its jaded audience. Hope its more than 1 episode

On the Spin Cycle a while back Roode actually said his favorite place to wrestle is Ireland :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

On the Spin Cycle a while back Roode actually said his favorite place to wrestle is Ireland :D

Take That Britian. I seen him 2 nites in a row at the national arena I LOL'd when him and Storm slagged a bunch of idiots that went bare chested. Went over to Engerlund for 2 nites of their 1st tour too. Hope there is a good atmosphere for the impact taping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Is there any tickets available for that taping?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Just got annoyed listening to Lance Storm stealing my thoughts on the subject listening to an audio show here but still Flair and Sting's long time relationship and respect for each other was really over powering in that funny pre-match backstage segment with them on Impact this week. Overall I thought the show was enjoyable and well paced. One of those shows which you dont find yourself holding down the fast forward button all that much.

CMpunked wrote: »

Not sure, but can you imagine the demand for tickets if Sting, Flair and Hogan were all guaranteed to be on that Impact? I would pay a pretty penny that's for sure.

Wonder if Jeff Hardy will be added to the European tour now then if they are doing a TV taping?

• Advertisement

Charisteas wrote: »
    Wonder if Jeff Hardy will be added to the European tour now then if they are doing a TV taping?

He's booked on the US house show on the 22nd (the day the tour starts) so I doubt it.

TNA's 10 Year Anniversary Logo:
    375360_10150489400721026_31695961025_8938464_1140292348_n.jpg

Wonder how long it took to come up with that idea :pac:

Seriously though, it's pretty amazing how far they came in such a short period of time. True, they've been in more or less the same position for several years now but to actually become the clear cut number two promotion in America in such a short period of time is pretty good going. Especially when they were given so little chance of even surviving a few months, let alone making it relativly big.

He's not the most popular guy, but Jeff Jarrett deserves a hell of a lot of credit for all the work he has put in to the company through the years.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Seriously though, it's pretty amazing how far they came in such a short period of time. True, they've been in more or less the same position for several years now but to actually become the clear cut number two promotion in America in such a short period of time is pretty good going. Especially when they were given so little chance of even surviving a few months, let alone making it relativly big.

Goodness people still claim this ten years on. Bryan Alverez was right they did go belly up after the predicted 10 weeks. The reason why they went belly up is that Jeff and Jerry Jarrett believed that conman and alleged WWE mole Jay Hassman's preliminary buyrate figures over Dave Meltzer's. They spent like they were getting 10x times the buys than they were actually getting burning through their capital.

If Jeff didnt meet Dixie by chance they wouldnt have made it past 10 weeks. Lots companies success was determined by a stroke of luck but TNA was initially built on a faulty foundation with a piss poor business plan and with the primary aim to prove that Jeff Jarrett could be a successful National main eventer born out of Jerry's guilt over leaving Jeff with Jeff's mother and remarrying.

TNA turned into a perfectly fine business after that point and millions of Bob Carter's money was injected into it. Even saying that TNA has only made it as a TV product not as a Wrestling promotion.

He's booked on the US house show on the 22nd (the day the tour starts) so I doubt it.

The tour starts on the 24th giving plenty of time to fly to Belgium after the house show on the 22nd. But Hardy isn't mentioned at all in the advertisements, so it doesn't look like he will be in Europe unless he's a surprise attraction.

A moot point but I don't think TNA's roster is big enough to run two shows in two different cities simultaneously anyway.

Not sure what happened to the 2 or 3 Germany house show dates they had previously booked, have they all been cancelled?

GTR63 wrote: »

Yeah they're taping 2 episodes.

Excellent deal for the London crowd, unexpectedly getting to see some of the guys wrestle twice.

CMpunked wrote: »

The 93 and 63 pound tickets are gone, but they still have 52, 38, and 24 pound tickets left here http://gigsandtours.seetickets.com/Event/TNAS-MAXIMUM-IMPACT-IV/Wembley-Arena/563445/?src=search

And ryanair flights to Stanstead are dirt cheap, man this is so tempting.............

A moot point but I don't think TNA's roster is big enough to run two shows in two different cities simultaneously anyway.

I think they could do it, the lower card matches might suffer a little due to repitition but its doable:

Abyss
    Shelley
    Anarquia
    Love
    Aries
    Daniels
    Devon
    Young
    Garett
    Gunner
    Hernandez
    Jackie
    Kash
    Angle
    Haskins
    Anderson
    ODB
    Flair
    Terry
    RVD
    Robbie
    Moore
    Toxxin
    Traci
    Winter
    Ion

Styles
    Neese
    Roode
    Kendrick
    Brooke
    Ray
    Crimson
    Dinero
    Williams
    Gail
    Storm
    Hardy
    Sorensen
    Kazarian
    Rayne
    Magnus
    Morgan
    Mickie
    Rosita
    Joe
    Sarita
    Steiner
    Tara
    Velvet

Sabin, Sting and Jesse Neal have been left out from the roster on the website. I thought Neal was done, if he isnt, stick him in the first group. Likewise with Sabin upon his return. It's doable for house shows where storylines and whatnot dont mean much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,323 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The UK Sun has a new article online today featuring quotes from TNA Champion Bobby Roode to promote the company’s upcoming UK tour. Roode reveals his dream is to face Sting for the title.

Below is an excerpt:

“I’ll defend my belt against anyone who comes after it but my dream is to battle Sting.

“He’s been a real thorn in my side so it would be great to beat him up all over the UK.

“It’s his first trip there in a decade, which makes the thought of pinning his shoulders to the mat even more appealing.”

Not sure what happened to the 2 or 3 Germany house show dates they had previously booked, have they all been cancelled?

To answer my own question, TNA have today confirmed officially that the 3 German house Show dates have all been cancelled. Unofficially it's been claimed that it's due to poor ticket sales, same reason South America tour was cancelled 2 months ago.

I bet they regret not picking Dublin or/and Belfast dates now.

http://www.impactwrestling.com/live-events/item/2724-January-21-Essen,-Germany

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/tna/TNA_Cancels_Tour_Due_To_Poor_Ticket_Sales_Christy_Hemme_Performs_On_Stage.html

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Messages from Dixie Carter and Velvet Sky.

Dixie says: “YES!! Velvet Sky will be in the UK to have dinner with our lucky Challenge TV contest winners. She can't wait!!”

Velvet adds: “It's true, I WILL now be on the London TV taping! Also I'll still be doing the dinner with the winner of the Challenge TV contest! See you soon…”

Please note a full roster for the Wembley TV taping and Nottingham and Manchester live events will be released soon.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Top-rated Challenge TV show TNA IMPACT WRESTLING will be recorded at London’s Wembley Arena later this month – the first time the company has ever filmed the programme outside of the USA.

TNA IMPACT WRESTLING superstars including Sting, Kurt Angle, AJ Styles and TNA World Heavyweight Champion Bobby Roode will shoot two all-new episodes at Wembley Arena on January 28 in front of thousands of British fans.

Sting’s appearance on the MAXIMUM IMPACT IV Tour will be his first in the UK in a decade and the final time he will wrestle in the country – with his last ever British match taking place at London’s Wembley Arena.

The shows will then be broadcast on Challenge TV in the UK and Ireland, Spike TV in the US and in more than 100 countries around the world. TNA IMPACT WRESTLING airs every Sunday night on Challenge TV, which can be found on Sky channel 125, Freeview channel 46 and Virgin Media channel 139.

The line-up of wrestlers for the Wembley Arena taping will also include James Storm, Bully Ray, Crimson, Samoa Joe, Gunner, Velvet Sky, Gail Kim, Madison Rayne, Mickie James, Tara, Doug Williams, Magnus, Mark Haskins, Austin Aries, Alex Shelley, Matt Morgan, Kazarian and Christopher Daniels.

Prior to the show, the TNA MAXIMUM IMPACT IV UK Tour visits Nottingham (January 26) and Manchester (January 27) for live events. The TNA IMPACT WRESTLING and Xplosion television cameras will be at both to capture elements of the Tour.

TNA President Dixie Carter said: “The show at Wembley Arena will be a truly historic night for everyone at TNA IMPACT WRESTLING and all of our amazing British fans.

“This decision has been years in the making and I’m so excited to announce it is finally happening on January 28.”

“We are just a few tickets away from the London show setting a TNA attendance record, so I hope everyone spreads the word. If you are a fan of TNA, this will be one night you won't want to miss.”

Barbara Gibbon, Challenge’s Head of Channel, added: “It’s a wonderful opportunity for Challenge’s loyal TNA viewers to see their favourite sports entertainment shows in a UK context for the first time ever.”

Tickets for TNA IMPACT WRESTLING UK Tour can be bought from www.gigsandtours.com / 0844 811 0051 or www.ticketmaster.co.uk / 0844 826 2826.

Hulk Hogan has confirmed on his Twitter that he will be in the UK at the end of the month but hasn't actually said if he will be on-air at the Impact tapings.

Though if he was due to be on TV, I would have thought they would have advertised that prior. Tickets would be have been sold out ages ago.

https://twitter.com/#!/HulkHogan/status/157144142579900416

405664_10150506778957745_349028987744_9010826_672014603_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭POSSY

Hey all, flicking through the channels and came across TNA Genesis... am I right in thinking that Abyss is a fatter copy of Kane?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

POSSY wrote: »
    Hey all, flicking through the channels and came across TNA Genesis... am I right in thinking that Abyss is a fatter copy of Kane?

Kane and Mankind's love-child.

POSSY wrote: »

They are big and wear masks.... but that's about it really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,323 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

405664_10150506778957745_349028987744_9010826_672014603_n.jpg

I wonder is Sting going to get another world title match?

James Storm became No. 1 contender on Impact this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

when was that half-sting, half-RVD poster? Last year? Need new ideas for posters. Or just stick their KOs in bikinis.

• Advertisement

jaykhunter wrote: »
    when was that half-sting, half-RVD poster? Last year? Need new ideas for posters. Or just stick their KOs in bikinis.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTzb4IRYVJfjMObxExjY7NtXbo7cUypEN346zslCvEwGL2nYvffrRjiFh6MHQ

We can expect an Eric / Garrett half and half Bischoff poster later in the year.

Advertisement