Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The offical TNA thread - News, Spoilers and the rest...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I think giving Tna a 2nd show a week isn't a great idea, focus on making a great weekly product than 2 ok ones. There isn't enough hours in a week to make me want to watch Mr.Anderson, Rvd or Devon so i'd rather not see any of them tbh. Even the storyline they introduced Anderson into at this weeks taping, its nothing to do with him really. While i'm at it PLEASE just give up on Garret Bischoff the guy is a instant channel hopper for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Just reading that TNA have announced new TV deals for Africa and New Zealand, as well as renewing contracts in the UK, Germany, France, the Middle East, and others.

http://www.impactwrestling.com/news/item/3309-IMPACT-WRESTLING-Announces-TV-Deals-For-Africa,-New-Zealand-and-more

When Impact is sold to the 100+ international channels around the world, how much of this money goes to TNA, and how much goes to Spike?

And are we talking big bucks or loose change?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I would've thought most of it went to TNA but I'm not really basing that off anything. It's certainly lucrative to TNA either way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I'd say Spike get very little out of it. TNA do all the work, Spike just show it. If they paid for it to be made, they'd get something but as far as I know they only chip in with some wages for the guys they see as ratings grabbers (Hogan, Sting, Angle etc). They dont have a stake in TNA to be getting a cut from anything like that.

If TNA were to look for a second show, I reckon they should go with an hour instead of two hours and have it be mostly the Knockouts and the X-Divison/Tag Division (depending on what mood TNA are in that month) with only the occasional appearance from other guys. Even have it be Knockouts and then the main event could be a TV title match most weeks. Four matches, two Knockouts, one TV title match and then the other to change depending on feuds etc. Either way, no need to have the likes of Hardy, Roode etc on both shows.

They would still need their stars on a second show to garner a rating even remotely close to Impact.

Whilst the diehards like me and you would still watch just the knockouts and x-division and tag-team, it wouldn't be enough drawing power for casuals.

• Advertisement

Gail Kim vs ODB got the highest rating last week. Not saying they are ugly or anything, but I doubt many were watching for their looks. Almost every single week, the Knockouts match gets the highest ratings regardless of who is involved in the match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Kinda sick of tna living on it's potential and not producing near it. But structure and continuity will go a good way. I don't know how u could use hogan and the millionaires club effectively and worth the cash. How can they transfer their star power?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭Riddle101

As far as TNA having a second show goes. I think they need to improve their product a little more before considering adding a B show. Maybe foucs on taking Impact on the road first then if things pick up, expand more. Right now having a B show is not the answer. They're just starting to get better now and I feel TNA are doing great. Adding another might put a strain on the product.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Plus I'd imagine they're a little stretched with the Ring Ka King tapings, plus that All Wheels promotion they were planning.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I don't know how u could use hogan and the millionaires club effectively and worth the cash. How can they transfer their star power?

A combination of using them to bring extra viewers to the show and then showcase you're actual talent, and using them to endorse the right guys (not Bischoff and Abyss) and help make them stars by association. Not to mention using them much more sparingly than TNA actually do, otherwise they're entirely useless.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I don't think they need two shows a week, they need to change their current recording situation completely.
    Firstly they need to go on the road as often as possible, and 2nd they need to stop recording 3 shows at a time.
    Most of the roster are turning up at house shows anyway, so weekly recordings will have little difference on their schedule, and will get the smarks actually watching it, rather than checking the results and being upwards of two weeks ahead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Two shows a week? This "WWE do it, we should do it" is a dangerous mindset. Like going 12 PPVs per year. Gotta get your house in order before expanding.

That said, it's fantastic that TNA got Ring Ka King off the ground. Best business decision they've ever made. (after sweet-talking Dixie into parting with millions of course!)

As MF said, Sting, Hogan etc have something to offer but it's in a supporting role, not the focus.

What kind of big angle could they shoot to drum up interest in TNA and also set it on the right path?

jaykhunter wrote: »
    What kind of big angle could they shoot to drum up interest in TNA and also set it on the right path?

Throwing out big angles isn't what they need. TNA's brand equity has been at an all time low for quite a while now, fans have lost any faith in the product and first and foremost TNA have to fix that (and they've been in the process of that since BFG, the TV show has been immeasurably better since then (though they still need to work on the PPV's (especially the need to get them out of Orlando))). A year of simple, solid 101 booking will do TNA the world of good.

Main Event Mafia!!!!

:pac:

I lost faith in TNA about six months ago but having been reading the recent results I'm starting to consider giving them another shot. To avoid dissapointment, I'm going to wait until Lockdown before trying again, and thats only if the results are still keeping my attention.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

YSLIVE_RUSSO_Splash_page_copy-714x714.png

It was announced today that Vince Russo, clearly the most controversial and provocative figure in pro wrestling, will be addressing the wrestling world on "YouShoot: LIVE!" on June 1st in Monroe, NJ at the Crowne Plaza Hotel. Russo will also be appearing as a vendor guest of Kayfabe Commentaries and Legends of the Ring the following morning at the Legends of the Ring Convention at the same locale, offering autographs and photo ops. Tickets are onsale at www.youshootlive.com and the amount of tickets are limited.

The "YouShoot" DVD series has been a magnet for the lighning rods of the business to answer fan submitted questions and videos, and generally sound off about all things in the wrestling world and beyond. The groundbreaking series produced by Kayfabe Commentaries allows fans uncensored access to the guests, who have agreed to "answer it all." In this "YouShoot: LIVE!" setting there is the added element of the live audience who will also have the opportunity to ask questions.

Vince Russo, the former booker/writer of WWE, WCW, and TNA, was positioned as the pro wrestling "Golden Boy" during the vaunted Monday Night Wars. He fell under both great praise and also criticism after making controversial decisions like creating increasingly risque angles and putting a world heavyweight belt on himself. Russo has for years been quiet about much of the mud slung in his direction, but on June 1st he will open himself up to all questions and commentary from fans and everyone in the wresting world.

Kayfabe Commentaries' co-founder and president Sean Oliver says that the Russo live event will have the attention of the entire wrestling universe. "Vince has generated more genuine, old-school heat in the past 20 years than anyone else," he began. "But beyond that, there's no denying his effect on the major companies. Forgetting his heel booker role on TV, his offscreen involvement alone caused millions to tune in, hundreds of newsletter writers and bloggers to write his name daily. That kind of organic attention is so rare."

The Saturday morning following the "YouShoot: LIVE!!!" taping, Russo will be at the Legends of the Ring Convention meeting fans, signing autpgraphs and taking photos for a 3 hour block, from 9am -12 noon. Legends of the Ring's James Soubasis says this is a great booking for them and one that is consistent with the superior reputation the Legends of the Ring Convention has garnered in the face of a sometimes crowded convention circuit.

"Conventions will come and go," Soubasis began, "some are good, some are poorly organized and never fully deliver. For years we've always offered a comfortable, well organized experience for both the fans and the wrestlers. We're unquestionably the most professional, well-attended wrestling convention in the country. Bookings like Vince Russo, and before this Dixie Carter, Ric Flair, Sting and others have proven LOTR will always deliver a first-class experience for the fans."

Several years ago, Kayfabe Commentaries and Legends of the Ring teamed up to add a Friday night live event to the Legends of the Ring weekend in New Jersey, launching Ring Roasts and YouShoot: LIVE!!!. "You sometimes see attempts at live shows during convention weekends, and they're usually half-baked. When Kayfabe Commentaries approached us about this our goal was to create a truly unique, innovative, and slick production. The Friday night fans always get big bang for their buck."

Tickets for the "YouShoot: LIVE!!!: Vince Russo" event include a VIP Package which grants the ticketholder to an exclusive, private booking seminar with Vince Russo himself.

"This event is landmark in its scope and it's one the wrestling world will find impossible to ignore," Oliver concluded. The Standard Admission ticket, Photo Package, and VIP Package are onsale now at www.youshootlive.com.

:p

That'll make for interesting viewing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Hope Cornette will be asking a question:pac:

That'll make for interesting viewing.

Not really if it is anything like the rehearsed Dixie shoot.

Or his RF Video shoot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Hope Cornette will be asking a question:pac:

If that happens. It'll be the end of the world as we know it:D

Tremendous iMPACT! main event this week.

• Advertisement

Tremendous show all-round I thought.

Shame it only gained a 0.99 rating this week - their lowest of 2012 :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,323 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Eric Young and ODB defeated Gail Kim and Madison Rayne to become the new TNA Knockouts Tag Team Champions

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Eric Young and ODB defeated Gail Kim and Madison Rayne to become the new TNA Knockouts Tag Team Champions

I thought Russo was gone?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,617 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Tbh who actually cares about that division and plus Eric is comedy gold, he can do what ever he wants

The title would probably mean more on
    EY than on any woman
    at the moment.

TNA president Dixie Carter indicated that the Slammiversary pay-per-view will be held outside the Impact Zone. "I am very, very excited about what market we will be in for the Slammiversary pay-per-view on (June 10) to celebrate our tenth anniversary," Carter wrote.

TNA wrestler Shannon Moore announced on Twitter that he intends to take time away from pro wrestling. "Just for now," Moore wrote. "Just time to work on other projects. Just not my time to be in the ring right now...

prowrestling.net

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Good riddence Shannon Moore seems not even your buddy Geoff Hardy can get you tv time, you mediocre twat. Apparently Brian Kendrick thinks he can get his job back in wwe, lets hope he's not waiting out for the rumoured cruiserweight show on their stuck in the muck Network.

Shannon's usefulness wore off about ten years ago. Since then he's just sorta been there for seemingly no reason.

This is a spoilery thread but wait unit you watch IMPACT to open this:

http://www.impactwrestling.com/media/k2/galleries/3402/IMG_0101.jpg

Sweet mother of divine :eek:

• Advertisement

He looks fatter without his wrestling gear.

Advertisement