Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The offical TNA thread - News, Spoilers and the rest...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I know who this Joseph Parks guy is But i'm wondering is this him totally repackaging himself. Looks a small bit like my Dad tbh I doubt he'd make a wrestler but he comes out with some funny stuff at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Is that
    Abyss
    ?

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Is that
    Abyss
    ?

It is alrite, strange new look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,617 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

rovert wrote: »
    This is a spoilery thread but wait unit you watch IMPACT to open this:

http://www.impactwrestling.com/media/k2/galleries/3402/IMG_0101.jpg

Sweet mother of divine :eek:

Stephen Fry has really let himself go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Thought it was Brendan Frasier with a new look for his role in "The Tummy Returns".

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Without a hint of irony Joe Park's twitter timeline is the best thing in US Wrestling.

Random fan: Have you tried those Ninjas that abducted Samoa Joe last year?

Joseph Park: Do you have an address on these ninjas you speak of?

Random fan: Have ya checked India lately?

Joseph Park: I am pricing flights to India. They are quite costly but no cost is too high to find my brother.

Random fan: Can you get to Mexico? Perhaps Judas Mesias would have an idea!

Joseph Park: Have an address on this Judas Mesias? I'm in the process of pricing flights to all places where he could be.

Random fan: Has anyone ever said you look like Penn Jillette?

Joseph Park: I've been getting that for years. Maybe he will have some information on the disappearance of my brother Chris.

Random fan: I'm not sure but you may want to talk to that Al Snow fellow....he is acting a bit crazy on Facebook.

Joseph Park: Al Snow you say? Does this gentleman have a good head on his shoulders?

Random fan: #kayfabe

Joseph Park: Do you have a number on this Kay Fabe lad you speak of?

Random fan: You should ask Mr. Anderson, he just returned from a long disappearance, he may know their whereabouts! He may not be that helpful if he is in a bad mood, I hear he can be an asshole (pardon my language). Of course, it's possible that he's with other members of the roster that have gone missing such as Scott Steiner and Anthony Nese! There is also Kid Kash. He is the one who brought Abyss into TNA after all!

Joseph Park: Thank you for your help! I was warned about fans on the internet not being helpful. You're a good guy!

Random fan: I saw Abyss on the side of a milk carton. He was wearing a Dark Side Of The Moon t-shirt.

Joseph Park: I've looked into milk cartoons. Sadly they don't seem to do them as much as they used to. Appreciate the suggestion.

At least they are trying something different with him. He asnt going anywhere as the Monster anymore.

Also, am I the only one who has trouble picturing Abyss sitting down at a PC to go on Twitter? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭Riddle101

The thing about Abyss though, is that he was great for the hardcore matches etc. But other then that he's a pretty poor worker. I wonder how they're going to work this into his new chracter. Unless they keep him doing the hardcore stuff etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I smell a JBL ripoff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I smell a JBL ripoff

In what way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,323 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

rovert wrote: »
    This is a spoilery thread but wait unit you watch IMPACT to open this:

http://www.impactwrestling.com/media/k2/galleries/3402/IMG_0101.jpg

Sweet mother of divine :eek:

Reminds me of Paul Heyman mixed IRS and Penn Jillette :p

Riddle101 wrote: »
    The thing about Abyss though, is that he was great for the hardcore matches etc. But other then that he's a pretty poor worker. I wonder how they're going to work this into his new chracter. Unless they keep him doing the hardcore stuff etc.

He's great against smaller guys. He doesn't have to sell as much and doesn't have to do anything too complicated on offence.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Two interesting little historical notes, today Austin Aries became the longest reigning X-Division champion in TNA history beating Daniels record of 182 days, and last weeks iMPACT! was it's 400th episode.

Didnt even realise he has been champion that long :o

Kinda surprised the record was still so low.

And long may it continue

the division is bit of a joke tbh without him. They really need some new x division wrestlers

Headshot wrote: »
    the division is bit of a joke tbh without him. They really need some new x division wrestlers

They just need to use what they have better. Tony Nese for example is fantastic, Kid Kash is great and a Douglas Williams/Austin Aries feud would go down quite nicely.

They just need to use what they have better. Tony Nese for example is fantastic, Kid Kash is great and a Douglas Williams/Austin Aries feud would go down quite nicely.

You think so? Never really stood out at me tbh. You didnt mention Zema Ion but another lad I dont particularly like, might be his stupid gimmick thou

Headshot wrote: »
    You think so? Never really stood out at me tbh. You didnt mention Zema Ion but another lad I dont particularly like, might be his stupid gimmick thou

I didn't mention Zema because they're actually using him (though I like him). Watch Nese's matches with Zema and you can see just some of his awesomeness. I really like him.

I wanna see a lengthy feud between Shelley and Aries

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I wanna see a lengthy feud between Shelley and Aries

THIS & Why oh Why is Garret Bischoff still on television has nobody mentioned to "management" that he is terrible at everything even Ohio Valley don't deserve him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

GTR63 wrote: »
    THIS & Why oh Why is Garret Bischoff still on television has nobody mentioned to "management" that he is terrible at everything even Ohio Valley don't deserve him.

Not sure where this angle is going as there doesn't seem to be any match made for the PPV this Sunday, but I think somewhere down the road we're going to get a Bischoff vs Bischoff match, maybe at Lockdown next month.

Also I suspect that the angle further down the line is going to culminate with Garett turning heel and joining (or re-joining?) Immortal and form a new tag-team with Gunner. He can play off of the "you people always booed me and never accepted me blah blah" card which would actually be quite an accurate assessment. If no fans are legit accepting him as a wrestler on the main roster, then it's pointless trying to get him over as face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Agreed, still waiting on that Aries/Shelly feud. And where the **** is SENSHI?!

jaykhunter wrote: »
    And where the **** is SENSHI?!

DGUSA and Evolve.

TNA star James Storm announced on Monday that he had surgery on his ankle to remove bone spurs that had been bothering him. Storm is scheduled to face Bobby Roode for the TNA World Title at April's Lockdown pay-per-view.

They're coming back to save the tag team division

Am I the only one that didn't see Sabin in that? :confused:

As glad as I am they are returning does it mean no Shelley and Aries feud so?

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    As glad as I am they are returning does it mean no Shelley and Aries feud so?

They already did.

Advertisement