Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The offical TNA thread - News, Spoilers and the rest...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Its definitely likely for RVD to go to TNA heres an interview from RVD Radio were the Hulkster rang in basically asking Van Dam to come to TNA

And the other reason he wont go back to WWE is more simple
    5_ECW_int.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

TNA iMPACT! ratings so far in 2010

Jan 4 - 1.45 (Live 3 hour special)
    Jan 14 - 1.26
    Jan 21 - 1.26
    Jan 28 - 1.4
    Feb 4 - 1.18
    Feb 11 - 1.19

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/45089/tna-releases-lots-of-never-before-seen-international-matches-online-as-part-of-global-impact-2-on-itunes.html?p=1
    Fans can now buy and watch TNA's "Global Impact 2" TV special on both Amazon.com & iTunes for $1.99. However, you can also purchase the entire 2:42:33 long event on iTunes for only $3.99.

The full event includes full matches featuring TNA stars and post-match press conferences from the NJPW "Wrestle Kingdom III" event. As a WELCOME bonus, there are 4 matches from the NJPW show on 2/15/2009. To sum it up, this is well worth $3.99!

Matches from NJPW 01/04/2009 "Wrestle Kingdom III" in Tokyo, Japan at Tokyo Dome:
    1. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Title ~Tread on!!~: Yujiro & Tetsuya Naito (c) vs. Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin
    2. Fighting Holdings Competition: Riki Choshu, Masahiro Chono, Kurt Angle & Kevin Nash vs. Giant Bernard, Takashi Iizuka, Tomohiro Ishii & Karl Anderson
    3. IWGP Tag Team Title - Hardcore Rules: Togi Makabe & Toru Yano (c) vs. "Team 3D" Brother Ray & Brother Devon

Matches From NJPW 02/15/2009 in Tokyo, Japan at Sumo Hall:
    4. James Storm/Robert Roode -vs- Masa Chono/AKIRA
    5. Kurt Angle -vs- Giant Bernard
    6. Team 3D(Brother Ray/Devon) -vs- Togi Makabe/Toru Yano. IWGP Tag Title - Hardcore Match
    7. IWGP Heavyweight Title: Keiji Muto (c) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Anyone else think Hogan is completely full of scutter in that interview? I really hope RVD doesnt go there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,618 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

why does Mike Tenay and tazz call xpac, 6pac, where as Hogan calls xpac, xpac

???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

On the last Impact taping Hogan went from X-Pac to 6Pac a few times. Rumours of 2Pac signing for TNA are rife.

Headshot wrote: »

???

Because it slipped off Hogan's tongue and he wasn't supposed to.

Variety is reporting that TNA Wrestling is set to announce on Monday that it's flagship TNA iMPACT! show is moving to Monday nights starting March 8th.

According to Variety, TNA iMPACT! will air head-to-head with WWE RAW for 2 hours, from 9-11 p.m. (Eastern time) and will be live every other week. "We've always wanted to go on Monday nights," said TNA president Dixie Carter. "That's where the wrestling viewing audience is accustomed to being."

Eric Bischoff calls iMPACT! moving to Monday nights "a little bit of history repeating itself. Bischoff said, "This is a great opportunity for TNA to step up and get noticed and showcase their product. I've said since the moment I started talking to Dixie, in my opinion we should go head-to-head with 'Monday Night Raw.' To me, it's a battlefield -- and to win the battle, you have to be on the battlefield."

When asked to comment on WWE's new competition on Monday nights, WWE spokesman Robert Zimmerman said,
    "We're not too concerned. We're in good shape."

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

TNA has hired Dave Taylor.

Taylor will be an agent, and is taking Scott D'Amore's old position.

Source: PWInsider.com

Rob Van Dam appeared on the Right After Wrestling Sirius XM satellite radio show on Monday night and gave an update on his wrestling future.

Now that TNA iMPACT! is moving to Monday nights starting March 8th, could we see "Mr. Monday Night" back where he belongs? Van Dam said, "I feel fairly optimistic because I know TNA is trying really hard to make a good deal for me and that's basically where we're at."

He added that there's a "good possibility" he will consider an offer from TNA and WWE's hectic travel schedule is something he's not looking to relive. "Everything is worth putting on the table to consider, but when it comes time to consider going back to that full-time travel schedule with WWE, that's not something that I'm wanting to do right now," RVD said. "The schedule with TNA and also probably their appreciation for RVD might also be a benefit over WWE."

RVD says that WWE wants him back too, but TNA has been more pro-active about trying to sign him. "WWE would love to have me come back on a full-time basis, but as you know by pointing out that Hogan called into my radio show and stayed on for about an hour, they have been very pro-active and trying to acquire RVD," RVD said. "That leads me to believe I would have a good spot if things do work out there. We'll see."

WWE wants him, but RVD has not forgotten that he was unhappy towards the end of his last run there. "WWE had me so burnt out because my contract said I would get a weekend off every month and I never did and they wouldn't give it to me," RVD said. "When I would tell them I'm so burnt out I don't want to be here and I'm resenting traveling and coming to work every day, they would double-book me. So, that's how it went down."

• Advertisement

To keep up with the RVD to TNA posts i've been putting up here recently, Heres the rest of the RVD radio Interview with Hogan, In part 3 Van Dam says Himself and Sabu were hoping to go to TNA together as well as Fonzie, which would be pretty awesome imo..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Headshot wrote: »

???

he is supposed to be called 6pac...or syxxpac to give him his full title (an immalgimation of some of his old names)

good aul vinnie mac owns the rights to the name xPac so tna arent allowed use it.....If hogan keeps callin him by the wrong name, wwe would have every right to take action...but that would look really petty (and they would have to admit to watching tna)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,156 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

A breakdown of the ratings from last weeks show from PW TORCH....,

Hulk won't be happy..

The quarter-hour ratings for last week's TNA Impact (Feb. 11) leading to the Against All Odds PPV were all over the map with ups and downs from quarter-to-quarter.

Two distinct conclusions can be made. The Beautiful People continue to draw eyeballs, as Vince Russo would say, and TNA returned to their late 2009 problem of the final 15 minutes being the least-watched portion of the show.

As detailed here, Impact averaged a 1.19 overall show rating off a first hour 1.20 and second hour 1.17.

The show peaked with a 1.31 quarter-hour at the beginning of the second hour with the ten-minute Beautiful People tag match.

In the same hour, the show declined to a 1.02 quarter-hour for the final 15 minutes. The segment featured two commercial breaks, Eric Bischoff confronting A.J. Styles backstage, and the show-concluding angle with Hulk Hogan establishing himself as a babyface against The Band, which was the storyline development TNA built to throughout the show.

Removing the two extremes of a 1.02 and a 1.31, the high-end was a 1.26 quarter-hour to start the show with Hulk Hogan's in-ring talking segment with Eric Young.

Also removing the extremes to look at the low-end of Impact, the seventh quarter-hour averaged a 1.16 quarter-hour rating. That segment featured tons of star power with Mr. Anderson & Kurt Angle in a tag match, the TNA PPV build-up segment with Samoa Joe, A.J. Styles, and Ric Flair, and only one commercial break.

Caldwell's Analysis: The two least-watched segments on Impact were the final 30 minutes of the show. Based on a strong audience level for the opening segment featuring Hogan, either the audience concluded they got their fill of Hogan for the night and weren't interested in finding out how the deal with The Band would play out by the end of the show or there was some very strong counter-programming from 10:30 to 11:00 p.m. EST on Thursday night that drew viewers away from Impact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

March 8th is where it all really starts. All the momentum they built from January 7th seems to be lost though.

Despite some initial marketing materials seeming to indicate that TNA's upcoming Destination X PPV on March 21 in Orlando, FL would have an "all X Division" theme featuring the return of the Ultimate X, PWInsider is reporting that is no longer the case. The event may have at one point been planned to be promoted that way, but current reports state only a handful of matches will be featured on the card to spotlight the X Division.

Damn, really wanted to see an all X-Division PPV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

What defines x-division anyway? I never could work it out. I would've thought it was another name for a cruiserweight division but Samoa Joe sure ain't a cruiser.

Jolt2007 wrote: »
    What defines x-division anyway? I never could work it out. I would've thought it was another name for a cruiserweight division but Samoa Joe sure ain't a cruiser.

The "X-Division" to me means it's about fast-paced, high risk wrestling. The tagline to the "X division" is "It's not about weight limits, it's about no limits!"

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

So that means the X Division match(s) will be on 1st which means they will be rushed and a cluster f**k

http://www.tnawrestling.com/news/item/1781-vote-on-the-beer-money-and-mmg-dvd
    TNA Wrestling fans you have been talking, and TNA Wrestling has listened. For the first time ever, Beer Money Inc. and MMG are featured together on a two disc set! Covering some of the most classic matches these two tag teams have wrestled, TNA Wrestling is going one step further in delivering to the fans. Exclusively on this DVD, wrestling fans voices are heard, as you the viewer get to decide what matches make the cut, and which ones get left behind. Vote now for your favorite matches and be sure to pick up your DVD when it hits the shelves.

Vote at the link above. I'd actually prefer them to do a DVD on each of Roode, Storm and Sabin. All three have an awesome back-catalogue of matches with TNA stretching back to the AMW, Team Canada and Sabin's X-Division days.
    So that means the X Division match(s) will be on 1st which means they will be rushed and a cluster f**k

I'd say they'll have the Ultimate X on later in the show though it could be first with having to put up and take down the structure. Unless of course it's the main event. I'm still hoping for a Guns vs. Bucks Ultimate X match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Would anyone here actually buy an all X division PPV?

I certainly wouldn't.

• Advertisement

Eric Bischoff's official twitter.com/ebischoff page, he has started a Facebook Fan page where he is asking for feedback from fans on TNA, asking fans what they think is the most controversial wrestling moments are, and says he will try and get to answering some of the wall questions. Click here to check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Cactus Colm

Just watching TNA impact at the moment .... don't know if this has come up ... but it looks like Orlando Jordan is going forward with a bisexuality gimmick that was first rumoured for him in WWE just before he was released in 2006.

Now I like Jordan, think he's got a lot of potential, but I can't help but feel this gimmick is a mistake. (I know it's a gimmick based on him being actually bisexual) ... Probably my biggest problem is that gimmicks based on sexuality bother me because they're generally so horribly stereotypical, especially when it comes to homosexuality.

Just watching TNA impact at the moment .... don't know if this has come up ... but it looks like Orlando Jordan is going forward with a bisexuality gimmick that was first rumoured for him in WWE just before he was released in 2006.

Now I like Jordan, think he's got a lot of potential, but I can't help but feel this gimmick is a mistake. (I know it's a gimmick based on him being actually bisexual) ... Probably my biggest problem is that gimmicks based on sexuality bother me because they're generally so horribly stereotypical, especially when it comes to homosexuality.

That gimmick would be way better suited to AJ styles at the moment tbh..
    Didnt TNA do a similar gimmick in 2002 called the Rainbow Express..

That gimmick would be way better suited to AJ styles at the moment tbh..
    Didnt TNA do a similar gimmick in 2002 called the Rainbow Express..

The Rainbow Express as a team didn't last that long, they were gone by, I think, week 4 of TNA (though they did return for a brief period). Bruce (Alan Funk) continued on on his own after winning the Miss TNA crown with a gay gimmick but then turned straight with April and disappeared soon after.

I know what you mean.
    Rico01.jpg

It would be great if a bisexual wrestler could get by regardless of his sexuality, rather than use it as a gimmick.

Now I like Jordan, think he's got a lot of potential.

Would be in the top 5 people you would want to elevate to the top of the card?

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Cactus Colm

I know what you mean.
    Rico01.jpg

It would be great if a bisexual wrestler could get by regardless of his sexuality, rather than use it as a gimmick.

Exactly. Although I have to say, I thought Rico was hilarious!
    Would be in the top 5 people you would want to elevate to the top of the card?

No ... Not at the moment at least.

No ... Not at the moment at least.

Me neither and yet he's scoring pins over the Pope and Joe from what I can recall.

I think he's quite rubbish, actually.

• Advertisement

OJ was sh*t in WWE and he's still sh*t in TNA..

Advertisement