Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The offical TNA thread - News, Spoilers and the rest...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,615 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

TNA seem to be really bad at the negotiating contracts and keeping wrestlers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

So do we think there'll be a resurgence of table matches in the WWE before the year's over then?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,329 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Headshot wrote: »
    TNA seem to be really bad at the negotiating contracts and keeping wrestlers
    That appears to be because TNA want to cut cost and change the contracts to be in their favour only...

Well they don't have the deep resources that the McMahons have, do they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Well The Carters are billionaires iirc and Vince and Linda are not, so they could front the cash for whatever if they wanted. But Dixie's mom is sick of losing money investing in TNA so she's scrutinising the books.

They should be looking to cut costs from the most expensive contracts, instead of penny-pinching with the poorest talent. Like shaving a few grand off a mid-carder is nothing compared to shaving 100 grand or more off Sting, Hogan, Bischoff's etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Source(s): WZROnline.com & Pwinsider.com
    As we’ve been reporting here on the website, both Bully Ray and Devon are in the middle of contract negotiations with TNA. Numerous sources report that the two could be on their way out despite the fact that TNA made a strong contract offer to Bully Ray. No word on what they offered Devon as of this writing. We’re told the duo has less than three weeks left on their current contracts.

Ray has been handling the negotiations and he feels that TNA has not treated them with the respect they deserve. One of the reasons Bully Ray is pissed is due to the fact that TNA waited until the very last minute to work on a new contract. Ray has been pushed as one of the company’s top heels and is in the best shape of his career. He has also been working behind the scenes as an agent.

We’ll keep you posted as we hear more.

They really are on fire at the moment. Best thing in wrestling at the moment I think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Source(s): WZROnline.com & Pwinsider.com

Hope they resolve it. Ray has been awesome in TNA and really one of the main reasons I watch these days.

• Advertisement

http://www.tnawrestlingnews.com/headlines/bully-ray-asks-fans-whether-he-should-stay-in-tna/
    As we’ve been reporting here on the website, Devon and Bully Ray’s contracts with TNA Wrestling will expire in about three weeks and negotiations for a new deal have been tense. Ray appeared to address his immediate future with the organization via Twitter with a survey: “Shakespear time kids. “To stay or not to stay, that is the question”. Lets hear YOUR opinion. #BULLYNATION.”

He then wrote, “WOW! Helluva response. Looks 50/50. Let the “boss lady” know how ya feel. Light up her #TwittahMachine like a flamin table. #BULLYNATION.”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Bully needs some new legal representation may I suggest Park, Park & Park.

404168_10151046143211026_1552757384_n.jpg

404168_10151046143211026_1552757384_n.jpg

The beginning of the end for bully I reckon :(

Headshot wrote: »
    The beginning of the end for bully I reckon :(

Yea id say so.
    TNA’s Bully Ray posted some updates on his Twitter account, referring to his current contract status with the promotion:

Shakespear time kids. “To stay or not to stay, that is the question”. Lets hear YOUR opinion. #BULLYNATION

Crazy amount of response from the #BULLYNATION regarding my future. Decisions, decisions. Hmm…gonna go listen to The Clash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I can't see him going. TNA have just gotten some sense and given a reason if someone goes missing. They used to just disappear but now any big name has a reason if they stop appearing. Equally, they have an easy way back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Similar thing happened back in 2010. TNA let Bully and Devon's contracts expire, and it took two months of negotiating before they were back on TV again. They played it into storyline with the retirement of team 3d angle, looks like they could do the same with an aces and 8's angle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Have Aces and 8s kidnap Bully?

Maybe Joe will turn out to be the boss. He took over after they kidnapped him

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

My guesses Bubba is staying all the Bully jumping to WWE stuff is coming from the Bully/TNA side & not the WWE side. Also god knows with the whole informal hiring freeze WWE has with TNA talent due to that lawsuit. Just think TNA is trying to generate interest in their PPV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,307 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Updated standings for the Bound for Glory series after Hardcore Justice PPV last night
    James Storm – 66 points
    Rob Van Dam – 55 points
    Samoa Joe – 54 points
    Bully Ray – 48 points
    Kurt Angle – 48 points
    Mr. Anderson – 40 points
    AJ Styles – 36 points
    Jeff Hardy – 35 points
    Daniels – 33 points
    Magnus – 21 points
    The Pope – 7 points
    Robbie E – 5 points

• Advertisement

3 BFG matches for Impact this week
    The following matches have been announced for Thursday’s IMPACT Wrestling…

* Bound for Glory Series Match: Jeff Hardy vs. Bully Ray
    * Bound for Glory Series Match: Samoa Joe vs. Magnus
    * Bound for Glory Series Match: AJ Styles vs. Daniels

– Here is the official preview for the show:

Preview Thursday’s huge LIVE IMPACT broadcast on SpikeTV at 8/7c! Remember – if you can’t watch IMPACT on Thursday night, make sure to set your DVR to record all the action!

- IMPACT will feature the aftermath of “Hardcore Justice” as the road begins to September’s “No Surrender” event! STILL World Heavyweight Champion Austin Aries will be there – but how will Bobby Roode react to what happened in the PPV main event? Also, NEW Knockouts Champion Madison Rayne is scheduled to appear, plus an update on The Aces & 8s and so much more!

- It’s the final weeks of the annual “Bound For Glory Series”, and the competition reaches a fever pitch as 12 Superstars battle for a shot at the World Championship! Thursday’s IMPACT broadcast features a huge double main event of BFG Series matches as “The Charismatic Enigma” Jeff Hardy battles Bully Ray, plus AJ Styles goes for revenge against longtime enemy Christopher Daniels!

- Plus, former tag team partners Samoa Joe and Magnus will face off in another Bound For Glory Series bout on the huge LIVE broadcast!

All this and much more on Thursday’s IMPACT WRESTLING broadcast LIVE at 8/7c on SpikeTV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Bound for Glory Series Match: Jeff Hardy vs. Bully Ray

Not often we get a
    Wrestlemania 17
    re-match, kind-of :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Looked like Bully Ray hurt his arm and I could see how since he basically slammed it against the most solid piece of the table where the leg joins on to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Looked like Bully Ray hurt his arm and I could see how since he basically slammed it against the most solid piece of the table where the leg joins on to it.

He seemed fine jumping out of the ring so I'm not sure if its real or fake :o

Our next will he or wont he story from the Wrestling Observer:
    Jeff Hardy’s contract expires in February. It’s a ways off but it’s also significant on a number of levels. The description we’ve gotten of Hardy is he’s always clear-headed at the shows. He’s described as having made an amazing turnaround by nearly everyone with the exception of the one hiccup where they pulled him from TV with that food poisoning story. But there is a question as to how happy he is in TNA. The deal is that Hardy really is the biggest star in the company with the exception of Hulk Hogan, and that includes Sting. And when it comes to merchandise sales, nobody in the company is even close. At the house shows, he is by far the most popular of the wrestlers. But he is not pushed like the main guy in the promotion. If you watch the TV, he’s just one of the top babyface group. And his popularity in the big picture has declined greatly in the last two years, as it’s based off where he was at his peak in 2009 and living off it as opposed to being the most popular guy because he’s a hot character based on what he’s doing. For what it’s worth, and anything this many months away in this business probably means little, there have been indie promoters told that dates on Jeff and the Hardys together would be available in February.

I'm thinking we'll see him in the indies with his brother in the early part of next year for a while.

I'm thinking we'll see him in the indies with his brother in the early part of next year for a while.

Or Hardys vs Dudleys vs Prime Time Players vs Truth & Kofi Tables, Ladders, Chairs at Wrestlemania 29. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Matt's indy dates must be drying up. Was thinking the last nite watching impact they haven't done much with him lately. I suspected they didn't want to push him straight away just incase he relapsed. Glad he seems to have got his life together, i'd be shocked if wwe didn't at least have a look at him.
    rovert wrote: »
    Or Hardys vs Dudleys vs Prime Time Players vs Truth & Kofi Tables, Ladders, Chairs at Wrestlemania 29. :P
    Hope Bully Ray doesn't ever reuinite with that anchor Devon.

Maybe add in Primo & Epico, The Usos, Tyson Kidd & Justin Gabriel as well. Just to add numbers. ;)

• Advertisement

GTR63 wrote: »
    i'd be shocked if wwe didn't at least have a look at him.

The question is whether he'd go, wasn't he upset that they let Punk mock his drug bust after he left.

Advertisement