Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The offical TNA thread - News, Spoilers and the rest...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Hardy said he would never go back to WWE but money talks so I wouldn't rule it out. The reason he hasn't been pushed as the top guy is because he had to regain a lot of trust after his fcuk up. Once you lose the trust of someone, it takes a hell of a lot to get it back. The fact that he is likely going to be in the top four of the BFGS means he is starting to get that trust back. If he sticks around, and doesnt fcuk up again, he will be back in the main event next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

But there is a question as to how happy he is in TNA. The deal is that Hardy really is the biggest star in the company with the exception of Hulk Hogan, and that includes Sting. And when it comes to merchandise sales, nobody in the company is even close. At the house shows, he is by far the most popular of the wrestlers. But he is not pushed like the main guy in the promotion. If you watch the TV, he’s just one of the top babyface group.

Hardy never really struck me as the sort of guy who would hold the company to ransom over a main event push or regarding how he's booked. He seems more like the go with the flow kinda guy who's happy to continually have good matches, happy to meet the fans, happy to pick up his pay-cheque.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭Riddle101

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Hardy said he would never go back to WWE but money talks so I wouldn't rule it out. The reason he hasn't been pushed as the top guy is because he had to regain a lot of trust after his fcuk up. Once you lose the trust of someone, it takes a hell of a lot to get it back. The fact that he is likely going to be in the top four of the BFGS means he is starting to get that trust back. If he sticks around, and doesnt fcuk up again, he will be back in the main event next year.

Not really, Hardy left WWE remember. He was burned out, and he hates WWE's schedule as well. I don't really think Hardy cares about money all that much otherwise he probably would be in WWE right now. Plus he already has a lot of money already.

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Not really, Hardy left WWE remember. He was burned out, and he hates WWE's schedule as well. I don't really think Hardy cares about money all that much otherwise he probably would be in WWE right now. Plus he already has a lot of money already.

I know he'd probably rather his current schedule but I'm just saying money can be a strong motivator. How many people have we seen say one thing, then do the opposite when money is thrown at them?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I know he'd probably rather his current schedule but I'm just saying money can be a strong motivator. How many people have we seen say one thing, then do the opposite when money is thrown at them?

I doubt WWE would offer him considerably more than he's earning at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

HECK YEAH~!

20090818_ecw_tiffanycourtney.jpg

TIFFANY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I read on PW.net that Brooke Hogan tripped up when introducing her.....why the f**k are Tna hiring these people and dragging their feet tying down Bully Ray its baffling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Best i can find atm. Juvenile but it was funny!
    http://www.tout.com/m/suwl59?ref=tw39jhes

Liked the Wrestling on the show but the creative direction is largely dog sh*t. They really need a gripping payoff for either Aces & Eights or Claire Lynch as if there isn't TNA just wasted people's Summer for the large part.

If they get Maury Povich they're entirely forgiven. And thankfully they've moved away from Storm being behind Aces and 8s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

At least Brooke took falling off the stage in her stride and did a wee bow.

So it's hard to tell but do you think they're going to try and turn Bully face? Just the fact he's involved in the Aces and 8s angle and not being anymore heelish than the faces involved. Though be a bad move if they did.

And where was Joseph Park?

Wish they'd put across Ace's and 8's motive they just seem a random generic group with Sons of Anarchy style jackets. The Claire Lynch storyline....the only positive is CD who has been amazing in his role but pull the plug on it now before Bound for Glory preferably with a pele and style's clash to ms.lynch.

I think Bully Ray could be behind Aces and Eights. I dont think he's been touched yet and involved himself in it.

rovert wrote: »
    Liked the Wrestling on the show but the creative direction is largely dog sh*t. They really need a gripping payoff for either Aces & Eights or Claire Lynch as if there isn't TNA just wasted people's Summer for the large part.

Be patient, the Ace & 8's storyline is the best thing going in TNA. If they rush things then things could get sloppy and they end up making a clusterf*ck. I actually applaud TNA's creative direction as of late. TNA has been the best thing going and is much better to watch then WWE these days.

If they rush things then things could get sloppy and they end up making a clusterf*ck.

That is what they are doing.

That is what they are doing.

How is it a clusterf*ck though?

How is it a clusterf*ck though?

Paternity Test match :eek:

I was talking about Ace & 8s. You're right about AJ Styles/Christopher Daniels, it is drawn out but it needs to have a proper ending first.

It was actually a BFGS match.

If thats the biggest problem you have with the company, they must be doing something right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I think for Aces and Eights, we'll see them appear maskless before the reveal. Like that 2nd gen guy who was talking to Kurt. Zybisko's son was it? Then maybe Joey Ryan. I think it would be a bad idea to just reveal a load of new faces at once

• Advertisement

If thats the biggest problem you have with the company, they must be doing something right.

My best issue is the overall the promotion doesn't seem to moving in any real direction. Just naff soap opera storylines that don't seem to have a money/interesting payoff to them. They balls'd up the momentum of Roode, Storm and Aries going back over the past year or so in preference pushing a bunch of masked men who may or not be players or future players and this decade's Al Wilson - Claire Lynch. To me like WWE TNA have writers who are writing to perpetuate their jobs first and the development talent & money feuds second.

Maybe they have a masterful crescendo leading up to or at Bound For Glory. But they don't have my trust at this stage.

The Aces and 8s angle has been rather flat so far, I'd give it a few more weeks because they actually seem to be moving it along now but so far not so good. It's taken over the show for the worse.

Complaints when they go too fast. Complaints when they hold back and let it develop at a slower pace. You really cant win in wrestling.

The whole aces and 8's angle will all come down to who's is in or behind the group. If its Bischoff which I suspect(the whole sons of anarchy style biker jackets has me thinking) forget it hoping its Jarrett back to complain about Sting getting a HOF spot thats great.

Complaints when they go too fast. Complaints when they hold back and let it develop at a slower pace. You really cant win in wrestling.

This that the best you can come up? The issues I pointed out are legitimate. They aren't complaints for the sake of complaints. TNA is too weighted towards lameo soap opera angles currently. Aries taking a backseat as Champion last month to Aces & Eights when he was as hot as he was was SO stupid just for example. At one point during the Summer they were legitimately restoring faith and repairing their reputation but now to me at least it has regressed to the bad old days outside of the BFG Series.
    GTR63 wrote: »
    The whole aces and 8's angle will all come down to who's is in or behind the group.

Pretty much.

Pope is out injured. He still has three BFGS matches left so I wonder what happens with them. A pinfall loss? He still has to face RVD (3rd), Styles (4th) and Robbie (12th). Just back and now he's gone again.

Speaking of the BFGS:

James Storm - 66 Points
    Samoa Joe - 61 Points
    Rob Van Dam - 55 Points
    AJ Styles - 50 Points
    Kurt Angle - 48 Points
    Bully Ray - 48 Points
    Jeff Hardy - 42 Points
    Mr. Anderson - 40 Points
    Christopher Daniels - 33 Points
    Magnus - 28 Points
    The Pope - 7 Points
    Robbie E - 5 Points

James Storm vs. Rob Van Dam
    Samoa Joe vs. Jeff Hardy
    Samoa Joe vs. AJ Styles
    Kurt Angle vs. Jeff Hardy
    Mr. Anderson vs. Bully Ray
    Rob Van Dam vs. Bully Ray
    AJ Styles vs. Bully Ray
    AJ Styles vs. The Pope
    Rob Van Dam vs. The Pope
    Robbie E vs. The Pope

Magnus and Daniels have used all their matches up. Anderson, Angle, Robbie and Storm have one to go. I think its safe to eliminate from Anderson down.

God I love the Bound For Glory series :D This is much better then the old King of The Ring tournament IMO.

It would make more sense to negate the previous points scored against Pope.
    God I love the Bound For Glory series :D This is much better then the old King of The Ring tournament IMO.

This years has been much better than last years, mostly due to more talent in the tournament and longer TV matches. Though the best parts of last years tournament weren't carried forward to this years.

Aces and Eights attack on a weekend House Show:

spg4rt.jpg
    30lmb1h.jpg

• Advertisement

Big Boot? Kevin Nash! :eek:

Was wondering what Hardy was going to do for BFG as I doubt he's winning the BFGS, guess we now know.

Advertisement