Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The offical TNA thread - News, Spoilers and the rest...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Well wouldn't the fact that it's being taped live for the rest of the year suggest it's permanent?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Well wouldn't the fact that it's being taped live for the rest of the year suggest it's permanent?

December is still listed as tapings so presumably the shows after it would also be taped. This is the second extenstion for it so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,307 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

From Eric Young's twitter account today
    "TNA Live shows in MI and Windsor Canada. Ill be there could be my last live
    shows with TNA come and get crazy with me!"

Didnt he get a new contract only a few months ago?

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Didnt he get a new contract only a few months ago?

Not sure tbh he has been off tv for a while even though he and ODB are Knockout Tag Team Champs

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Scott Steiner strikes again:
    Scott Steiner filed another lawsuit against TNA today in Nashville Chancery Court, according to The Nashville City Paper.
    Steiner, in his latest lawsuit, alleges that TNA allowed a chemically incapacitated Jeff Hardy in the ring during a house show in Mount Pleasant, Michigan "while under the influence of alcohol and possibly drugs" according to the report. This time, Steiner claims TNA allowed wrestler Jeff Hardy to enter the ring during a match last year in Mount Pleasant, Mich., while under the influence of alcohol and possibly drugs.

Steiner, who is claiming nerve damage to his neck and back as well as an injury to his biceps due to Hardy's work while allegedly intoxicated, is alleging that "[TNA] knew or should have known that their agent, employee, representative, and/or servant was too incapacitated, intoxicated and/or under the influence of a controlled substance and should not have been allowed to enter the ring thus endangering the life, health, well being and safety of Scott Rechsteiner."

The Nashville City Paper cites that Hulk Hogan was responsible for "writing and approving the script" of the bout (which sounds off on paper, considering it was a house show).

Steiner is seeking $750,000 in damages.

Steiner and TNA have a hearing set on 11/30 in regard to TNA attempting to dismiss Steiner's first suit against the company, a counter-suit filed alleging they breached his contract for failing to give a proper accounting of royalties owed as well as failed to pay royalties. TNA's argument is that Steiner, contractually, has to give them 30 days' notice of the breach and to give them a chance to repair it before he can file for breach legally. That suit is in response to TNA suing Steiner for disparaging the company and its management, including Hulk Hogan, Dixie Carter and Eric Bischoff, via his Twitter account.

TNA has not yet been served with the lawsuit.

PWInsider.com will have more on the new lawsuit tomorrow.

If this goes to trail I can't wait for Steiner's judge showing pictures and footage of Jeff all strung out to the jury.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

rovert wrote: »
    If this goes to trail I can't wait for Steiner's judge showing pictures and footage of Jeff all strung out to the jury.

I was really hoping Steiner would represent himself.

cian68 wrote: »
    I was really hoping Steiner would represent himself.

Me too. All he needs to do is play this to illustrate Jeff's issues and TNA's lack of judgement in dealing with them:

Further detail reveals that the match was from the recent reformed character era of Jeff Hardy:
    The match in question took pace on November 3, 2011. Hardy teamed with Rob Van Dam in a match against Steiner and Bully Ray in the main event of the show. Steiner is alleging that Hulk Hogan was in charge of Hardy's action along with "writing and approving the script for the match." However, it was a live event and Hogan was not booked on the card, so I doubt he had much to do with it. Steiner previously filed a countersuit against TNA after the company filed a lawsuit against him following his Twitter tirades about Hogan, Eric Bischoff, Dixie Carter, and others.

Credit: ProWrestling,Net

Man I really would love to see Scott back in WWF, claiming he's in peak physical condition. Anyway, school in the morning so I will leave it at that for the night. Peace out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Kaz and Daniels' new music:

That's an alright theme I guess. It reminds me of something from my record collection though....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭Riddle101

So I guess this means that Kazarian and Daniels won't be breaking up anytime soon? Which is good for me.

Kaz and Daniels' new music:

Should have given them Gangnam Style :p

I'd be more inclined to give them something stonery by Soundgarden or somethin like that.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I'd be more inclined to give them something stonery by Soundgarden or somethin like that.

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=73678
    As I wrote last night, the Lockdown PPV being moved up to March 2013 was likely a sign that the company was planning to cut back on their PPV calendar. That is indeed the case. Sources are indicating that the February Against All Odds PPV has been scratched. The company will go from January's Genesis PPV to Lockdown in March. March is usually Victory Road, but that title can always be used for another month. There may be 1-2 other PPVs removed from the calendar as well, but I am not completely sure which shows that may be. Dixie Carter has talked publicly about wanting to cut back on PPVs because there was not a need for running them monthly, but contractual obligations and deciding the right balance of PPVs for the company had been an issue. One would think this could lead to a price increase for the remaining shows, but I haven't heard that either way.

Didn't even cop that the date was March rather than April. Hopefully they cut down to six or eight PPV's for 2013.

They're down to only one Phil Collins related PPV name now (unless they use Against All Odds elsewhere). It's a move that's been overdue for a while especially with the way they book their TV (though no doubt they won't make effective use of the extra lead in time). And it's not really a bad thing considering there's a lot more good wrestling on iMPACT! than there used to be.

The superior version of the song.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

It's a move that's been overdue for a while especially with the way they book their TV (though no doubt they won't make effective use of the extra lead in time). And it's not really a bad thing considering there's a lot more good wrestling on iMPACT! than there used to be.
    The only problem I have is that I tend to enjoy the Tna ppv's and will miss watching them monthly. Just as long as they don't go to 3 hours weekly i'll be happy.

GTR63 wrote: »
    The only problem I have is that I tend to enjoy the Tna ppv's and will miss watching them monthly. Just as long as they don't go to 3 hours weekly i'll be happy.

I dont think 3 hour Impact would be as bad as a 3 hour Raw. TNA's roster is probably about the same size as WWE's main roster. But WWE have probably five times as much TV so stuff is spread a lot thinner.

Provided they gave the extra time to matches rather than segments of course. Look at this week for example, Aries vs RVD, Styles/Storm vs Bad Influence, Roode vs York and Mickie vs Gail all could have easily gone longer. I think Morgan vs Williams was the only one that didnt need more time.

Not pushed on it either way, but dont think it would be as hard to watch as Raw is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,615 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I dont think 3 hour Impact would be as bad as a 3 hour Raw. TNA's roster is probably about the same size as WWE's main roster. But WWE have probably five times as much TV so stuff is spread a lot thinner.

Provided they gave the extra time to matches rather than segments of course. Look at this week for example, Aries vs RVD, Styles/Storm vs Bad Influence, Roode vs York and Mickie vs Gail all could have easily gone longer. I think Morgan vs Williams was the only one that didnt need more time.

Not pushed on it either way, but dont think it would be as hard to watch as Raw is.

yap have to agree there and at this moment in time they have a better roster

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

Is it me or does it seem to be between 2 to 7 decent looking girls at ringside at all or most TNA events?

With Lockdown being announced for March, TNA is reportedly planning for the show already. Currently the plan is to have Jeff Hardy face Austin Aries for the TNA World Title unless there is a big change in direction or someone else who becomes super-hot between now and then. Hardy is being featured in the advertising for Lockdown, which seems to suggest that TNA is confident that Hardy will re-sign with the company. TNA is said to be very high on Austin Aries.

The other big match is Lethal Lockdown, which is reportedly planned as a TNA vs. Aces and 8s match. The idea is that the match would feature Hulk Hogan, Sting, Kurt Angle, Bully Ray and Joseph Park vs. The Aces and Eights.

Two things I hope dont happen:

1. Hardy keeps the title that long.

I'd be fine with him as the challenger to Aries, but I hope he doesnt hold the title that long. Also hope Roode doesnt win just to drop it right back to Hardy. If Roode wins in December, that only leave one single PPV before Lockdown so he'd be champion for at most a month. Have Aries win the belt in January and go into Lockdown as champion.

2. Hogan tries to wrestle again.

Replace him with pretty much anyone else and we're good. Even have him as the manager and leave it at 4 vs 4 instead of 5 vs 5. Anything that avoids seeing him wrestle again is a good option.

Why? Hardy's had a really, really good year and has consistently delivered in ring.

Why? Hardy's had a really, really good year and has consistently delivered in ring.

Hardy is a better challenger than champion imo.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Two things I hope dont happen:

I'd be fine with him as the challenger to Aries, but I hope he doesnt hold the title that long. Also hope Roode doesnt win just to drop it right back to Hardy. If Roode wins in December, that only leave one single PPV before Lockdown so he'd be champion for at most a month. Have Aries win the belt in January and go into Lockdown as champion.

2. Hogan tries to wrestle again.

Replace him with pretty much anyone else and we're good. Even have him as the manager and leave it at 4 vs 4 instead of 5 vs 5. Anything that avoids seeing him wrestle again is a good option.

The other big match is Lethal Lockdown, which is reportedly planned as a TNA vs. Aces and 8s match. Wes Brisco is said to be planned as an Aces and 8s member and the storyline would be that Brisco “earned” his contract because of D-Lo Brown, who would be revealed as a member of the stable. This would be the reveal for the storyline where management is trying to figure out who the “mole” is. The idea is that the match would feature Hulk Hogan, Sting, Kurt Angle, Bully Ray and Joseph Park/Abyss vs. Devon, D.O.C., Wes Brisco, Garett Bischoff, and a fifth member (potentially D-Lo unless he plays a Team Captain role).

:confused::confused::confused:

Had a feeling that might happen when Hogan overlooked him for the TV title match a couple of months ago.

Angle is going to look like a thick though, everyone can see Brisco is involved and Bischoff isnt exactly shocking either. The only way it would make sense is if Angle was involved but he's been playing a big role in the opposition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Way to build talent with TNA: Kenny King doesn't get a shot at the X Division title because he hasn't proven himself. How can he prove himself if you just dismiss him without even giving him a chance?

Advertisement