Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The offical TNA thread - News, Spoilers and the rest...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Eric Young announced on Twitter that he's re-signed with TNA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,615 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Great news

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

1.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Did you know that Rellik is killer spelled backwards? I'd love if there was randomly a barbed wire Christmas tree in the background of a shot on iMPACT! tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Injury prone Shark Boy was all kinds of awesome. I still always laugh at the plaster on his fin :D

The Guardian recently asked several celebrities what their Christmas wish lists were. Here are the answers from Hulk Hogan.

To be thirty years old: “I want my youth back. I wouldn’t change anything, though. I’d wrestle all over again. The same matches.”

A 747 jet: “I would like my own private jet plane again. I’d take all the wrestlers with me on the plane. I don’t just want a little Learjet, I want a 747. That would be a wild plane.”

Knee surgery: “I’ve had eight back surgeries, I’ve had knee replacements, I’ve had both hip replacements. I only need one more surgery – to fix my right knee – then I’m going to go for the TNA world title. I want to be 59 years old and be the champion.”

Hair: “I want a full head of hair, like yours.”
    :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Good to know he is still as delusional as ever :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Meltzer:
    The TNA shows that are being taped at Noon and 6 p.m. on 1/12, the day before the Genesis PPV, in Orlando, is to fill programming for overseas markets where they are contracted to have 12 PPV specials per year. They will be taping what will fill the hole of the non-existing February PPV show. It'll be a speciality show featuring an Ultimate X match, an X Division Escape the cage match and a gauntlet (Royal Rumble) style match.

Jaysus

So no Destination X next year from the sounds of things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    So no Destination X next year from the sounds of things.

still scheduled for july according to wiki they have dropped 3 though, tna probably would be better dropping to 6 (lockdown, slammiversary, DX, BFG and two others) because they have to be losing serious money on shows doing sub 15k buys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Could be worse it could be an Aces and 8's themed ppv. My heart just sinks when I hear their theme music these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I probably would theme in more if I thought we were going to see more of them used properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,307 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

TNA wrestler and former WWE Superstar "The Pope" D'Angelo Dinero (real name: Elijah Burke) has posted the following on Twitter:
    Pope's Contract expired with TNA on Jan 1, I will not be resigning. Thanks to Dixie and the whole TNA Family for a wonderful 3+ Years.~PHS

Magnus was on Newstalk's Breakfast show this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 takerv1

Hey, thanks for the info. Did he happen to reveal any of the matches scheduled by any chance?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 25 takerv1

in the upcoming show in Dublin I mean haha

Id say we will prob get some version of Hardy/Aries/Roode in the cage

Just noticed Sarita is gone from the roster page. I know she hasnt been used in what seems like forever, but Rosita is still there despite being MIA the same amount of time.

Also, Lockdown will be one year and two days as champions for ODB and EY :pac:

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Just noticed Sarita is gone from the roster page. I know she hasnt been used in what seems like forever, but Rosita is still there despite being MIA the same amount of time.

Also, Lockdown will be one year and two days as champions for ODB and EY :pac:

Wow didnt realise they had the belts that long , surely they should just fizzle them out when EY comes back?

• Advertisement

takerv1 wrote: »
    Hey, thanks for the info. Did he happen to reveal any of the matches scheduled by any chance?
    Thanks

Nope, just talked about there being a cage match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Magnus was on Newstalk's Breakfast show this morning.

He was on RTE2 just 5 minutes ago.

Machismo Fan what shows are you heading to this month? Considering London again myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Looking forward to the TNA shows now myself even though I was only at a PPV and tv taping in November one of the only up sides to January most years,Magnus is a good choice for PR too very confident guy who oozes charm

Charisteas wrote: »
    Machismo Fan what shows are you heading to this month? Considering London again myself.

Just the Dublin show.
    EdK wrote: »
    Magnus is a good choice for PR too very confident guy who oozes charm

TNA are long overdue shooting him to the top.

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=74547
    TNA is bringing Gutcheck back on tomorrow's edition of Impact Wrestling, but are changing the concept. Going forward, the company will have two unsigned talents facing off against each other. Both wrestlers will then be judged by Bruce Prichard, Al Snow and Taz.

Maybe we might see a couple of the people TNA are bringing for their one off shows.

Wouldnt be a bad idea if only the winner was considered and the loser told to apply again. Would make the result mean something.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Amazed they didn't do this sooner. With the old format once they had have done a 123 Kid type of scenario that was pretty much all of the excitement they could have gotten out of it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=74547

Maybe we might see a couple of the people TNA are bringing for their one off shows.

Alpha Female a great German but mainly wrestles in UK has been confirmed as part of it o this upcoming tour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

montyrebel wrote: »
    Alpha Female a great German but mainly wrestles in UK has been confirmed as part of it o this upcoming tour

Saw her beating the snot out of Jack Whitehall on A League of Their Own a few weeks back. The twins did the same to Micky Flanagan too.

• Advertisement

People underestimated TNA's PPV overhaul:
    http://www.impactwrestling.com/news/item/4010-NEWS-TNA-Wrestling-Announces-Major-Changes-To-2013-Pay-Per-View-Strategy
    TNA IMPACT WRESTLING today announced a new worldwide Pay-Per-View programming initiative for 2013. The 52 annual episodes of IMPACT WRESTLING on SpikeTV will lead to four, live epic Pay-Per-View events commencing with “Genesis” on January 13th, “Lockdown” on March 10th, “Slammiversary” on June 9 and “Bound For Glory” on October 13th.

In addition, seven Pay-Per-View specials that will be branded as “TNA Wrestling: One Night Only,” series will debut in April 2013 and continue throughout the year during the additional months. The 3-hour taped Pay-Per-View specials will premiere on the first Friday of each month. The first two “One Night Only” specials will be “Joker’s Wild Tag Team Tournament” and “X-travaganza” which will feature the X-Division.
    150947_10151275537701026_118251657_n.jpg

“The Pay-Per-View industry has changed so much in the last decade,” says TNA President Dixie Carter. “The traditional pay-per-view wrestling model needed to evolve and we believe this strategy will positively impact not only the Pay-Per-View events but the weekly television programming as well.”

The company will continue to produce TNA Wrestling’s “Unfinished Business”, which are one-hour programs available on a Video on Demand (VOD) basis. The monthly titles continue to focus on the history of a rivalry or a specific past PPV event. These titles are available for two months at a time.

Advertisement