Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The offical TNA thread - News, Spoilers and the rest...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I hope Bully Ray has bought myspace or that Joseph Park will make a cameo in the next Phoenix Wright game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,307 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Dixie hyping TNA's latest game changing announcement:

Predictions? TNA on the road maybe.

Dixie Carter posted to Twitter promising a “major announcement” on Thursday’s episode of iMPACT!. The announcement will reportedly be TNA taking iMPACT! on the road this year.

:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭Riddle101

If they do go on the road, hopefully they go to some decent venues this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

They don't draw well for house shows so I presume we're talking smaller venues. But it's a start anyway, WWE taped in small buildings for years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

About time. Shows outside the IZ are far better (99 times out of 100) than those in it. Wonder if they will be live also or back to recorded?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    About time. Shows outside the IZ are far better (99 times out of 100) than those in it. Wonder if they will be live also or back to recorded?

Apparently live one week then taped the other (doing both shows on the same night).

Magnus should be pushed to the moon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Similar to the taping format WWF used in the mid 90's for Raw.Definitely a positive move for TNA,the more they get away from the Impact Zone the better.

Similar to the taping format WWF used in the mid 90's for Raw.Definitely a positive move for TNA,the more they get away from the Impact Zone the better.

As illustrated by iMPACT! right now.

iMPACT! is indeed going on the road permanently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,615 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Thank ****. The crowd is awful there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Is there any weight in the rumour that the cost of running Impact! on the road will see an end to weekly live shows?

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Is there any weight in the rumour that the cost of running Impact! on the road will see an end to weekly live shows?

They'll be live every second week now.

http://www.impactwrestling.com/gutcheckchallenge

What`s this Gutcheck Challenge, never heard about it before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,615 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Kris Lewie was robbed of a contract lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

what's the story with tna nowdays? might get back into it, haven't watched it proper for i'd say 3/4 years. just seen AJ is nearly 36 :O

EdenHazard wrote: »
    what's the story with tna nowdays? might get back into it, haven't watched it proper for i'd say 3/4 years. just seen AJ is nearly 36 :O

While still not without it's flaws (Aces and 8s in particular), it's been the best and most consistently (at least) decent in years and 2012 was probably their second or third best in ring year ever. It'd be a good time to get back into it considering they're leaving the iMPACT! Zone full time in March.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,307 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Any update on Jarrett? Is he next for the HOF this year?

If I remember correctly didnt Aces & Eights start kinda because he didnt get into the HOF last year and Sting did or was that just my take on it

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Any update on Jarrett? Is he next for the HOF this year?

If I remember correctly didnt Aces & Eights start kinda because he didnt get into the HOF last year and Sting did or was that just my take on it

They attacked Sting after the HOF business but don't think Jarrett was ever mentioned.

Wouldn't be shocked if they did Hogan next. Sting, based soley on his time in TNA, should have been a bit down the list so it's obviously not just based on TNA.

Jarrett, Styles then Angle should have been the first three years.

King Mo just lost his second Bellator fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭Riddle101

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    They attacked Sting after the HOF business but don't think Jarrett was ever mentioned.

Wouldn't be shocked if they did Hogan next. Sting, based soley on his time in TNA, should have been a bit down the list so it's obviously not just based on TNA.

Jarrett, Styles then Angle should have been the first three years.

I would have put AJ Styles a bit down the list tbh. I know he means a lot to TNA, but it depends on what the criteria is for getting into HOF. I mean Sting is self explanatory really, he's the Icon Sting, and probably TNA's biggest legend. Jarrett founded TNA, and Kurt Angle is probably their second biggest wrestler after Sting. After those three, then I would put Styles.

• Advertisement

Riddle101 wrote: »
    I would have put AJ Styles a bit down the list tbh. I know he means a lot to TNA, but it depends on what the criteria is for getting into HOF. I mean Sting is self explanatory really, he's the Icon Sting, and probably TNA's biggest legend. Jarrett founded TNA, and Kurt Angle is probably their second biggest wrestler after Sting. After those three, then I would put Styles.

I'd take it on TNA only in which case Sting is a fair bit down the list. Styles has won literally everything he can and been the first to do damn near everything in the company. The only person more deserving is Jarrett imo. Cant see any arguement for it not being him this year.

King Mo just lost his second Bellator fight.

735272755.gif

Joseph Park singing: http://telly.com/5KM8KJ

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Hearing differing reports that Roode's contract is expired now, hence his recent absence from TV, but said reports are conflicting with Wrestlezone saying they reckon he still has two years left. Any official word?

Hearing differing reports that Roode's contract is expired now, hence his recent absence from TV, but said reports are conflicting with Wrestlezone saying they reckon he still has two years left. Any official word?

Rumours at the time in '09 were that he signed a five year deal but the same was said about Matt Morgan and obviously that wasn't the case. There's rumours going around that RVD's contract is up aswell which makes more sense because they took the X-title off him.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Saw these reports on another board...
    According to Dave Meltzer, there is some sort of a contract issue between Bobby Roode and TNA. If the issue is not worked out, Roode will not be performing at tomorrow's TNA Lockdown PPV. Roode and Austin Aries are scheduled to defend the TNA tag titles against Chavo Guerrero Jr. and Hernandez as well as Christopher Daniels and Kazarian in a triple threat match.

Roode has not appeared on TNA TV since February 24th, missing the last two tapings. While people within TNA were keeping the issue quiet, it quickly became clear there was a problem since all the TNA talent was in San Antonio early for a fan fest today, and there was no sign of Roode.

While TNA hasn't commented on the issue, word is that the contract issue dates back a few weeks, and the two sides are talking to work things out.
    UPDATE: According to prowrestling.net, the talk in the locker room is that talent relations head Bruce Prichard mistakenly allowed Roode's contract to expire. They also state that a source said that Roode actually had to bring his contract status to the company's attention.

Bruce Pritchard seems pretty inept at this talent relations thing he's supposed to do.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

So he will be joining Aces & Eights tonight so.

Bruce Pritchard seems pretty inept at this talent relations thing he's supposed to do.

They should bring in Gordon Ramsay for one night to scream dickface at him on live tv, he does seem to be a total moron though.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Full credit to: http://ringbellesonline.com/2013/03/10/daffneytna-workers-compensation-update/
    In the game of chicken that both sides were playing against each other, TNA blinked first and offered Daffney a settlement, which was accepted. While details are sketchy – and may never come out if she had to sign a confidentiality agreement – she agreed to their offer, which was presumably more than the $26,000 in medical bills, which was what she was looking for in the first place.

Daffney took to Twitter late last night to issue the following statement:
    I’d like to take this opportunity to sincerely thank all the love and support over the past two years. I appreciate so much that you recognize the HUGE injustice that is being done to Professional Wrestlers throughout the industry. I hope my case has opened up a few blind eyes and maybe now we, the wrestlers who put our bodies on the line every time we step in the ring, are one step closer to being provided with medical coverage and all the benefits that go along with being a true employee and not an independent contractor.

So that is where the Bobby Roode money went! :cool:

Advertisement