Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Made some changes to broadband settings, RTE player now not working on PS3 browser

• 16-01-2010 11:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    In the process of trying to play FIFA online (I am on Nat 3, not good for that) I tried to put my PS3 into a DMZ, got about 99% of the way through that before stopping and just forwarding ports mentioned in the FIFA manual, that done the trick, but I'm not sure if it was a combo of the 2 things I done.

So before I done any of that I was able to view the RTE player on my TV, but now I cant. I can watch the ads before the programme though and their FAQ says:
    Proxy/Firewall
    If you can watch ads, but not the programme – this may be a proxy/firewall issue. Please consult your proxy/firewall manual to enable access to the RTMP protocol. If your computer is behind a corporate firewall you should contact your network administrator. Corporate network administrators should enable access to the RTMP protocol.

What should I do? What is an RTMP protocol?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

RTE Player hasn't worked from my PS3 in a week or two. It used to be perfect. My network hasn't changed at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭warlikedave

podge018 wrote: »
    Hi,
    In the process of trying to play FIFA online (I am on Nat 3, not good for that) I tried to put my PS3 into a DMZ, got about 99% of the way through that before stopping and just forwarding ports mentioned in the FIFA manual, that done the trick, but I'm not sure if it was a combo of the 2 things I done.

So before I done any of that I was able to view the RTE player on my TV, but now I cant. I can watch the ads before the programme though and their FAQ says:

What should I do? What is an RTMP protocol?

Thanks.

bump - looking for same answer

Advertisement