Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

safes

Options
  • 17-01-2010 12:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭

wheres the best place to buy a gun safe, looking for a 3 gun safe with seperate safe inside. all the ones i have seen lately wont fit a rifle with a scope

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

I bought mine in Griffin Hawe, can hold 5 guns and deep enough for rifle with scope, It has a a seperate lockable compartement for storing cartridges.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

how much if you dont mind me asking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

I think at the time i paid around the 150 mark for it

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

You can pick up a four gun "Infac" safe for around the €200 mark. Most dealers either stock them or can get them. Just make sure it meets with BS 7558. (The standard a safe must pass to be certified as secure).
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 19 love to shoot

check out this site they deliver to Ireland at a price http://www.esafes.co.uk/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 nelly1978

vouge 4 gun safe in connacht gold store ballaghaderreen priced at 190 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

How accurate are the capacities on these safes? I have a four gun safe that fits three, you would never get four into it.
    What dimension safe would actually take say 10?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

Theres 4 gun and 2 gun safes in the for sale section.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭JohnnyCrash

I stand to be corrected,but I thought you had to store guns and ammo separately?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

kowloon wrote: »
    How accurate are the capacities on these safes? I have a four gun safe that fits three, you would never get four into it.
    What dimension safe would actually take say 10?

I think they are sized for shotguns. I can only get 3 rifles with scopes into my 4 gun safe.

And get the deep safe if your guns have scopes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Glensman

I have a Vogue 6-gun safe it's fine for 2 rifles and 2 shotguns.

I don't like a safe to be overly cramped- I still regret not forkin out for an 8-gun before the prices rose.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Redoing the alarm system and getting a new safe, the plan is to go overkill so I don't regret it later, I think I'll keep the old safe as an ammo locker.

Is it worth buying in the UK even after the delivery charge?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 northern gun

Hi guys,

I have 4 gun cabinets for sale £125, brand new, foam lined. Probably a bit far away form most of you though.

Advertisement