Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest way to have my male kitten spayed

Options
  • 17-01-2010 1:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi All,
    I have an adorable male kitten (George) and know I have to have him spayed at about 6 months. Cost is my problem as money is quite tight at the minute. I live in the east meath area, so north co. dublin or drogheda is accessible to me. Anyone any idea of what my cheapest option is to have my little guy done(he is 3/4 months old now).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Lizard Queen

contact the blue cross if you are on socail welfare or can prove that you are are poor sorry im not great are my phrasing but they could help cover the costs hope this is a help plus they wont neuter him till hes 6 months old

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Soulja boy

my post vanished, what a CATastrophy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Soulja boy wrote: »
    my post vanished, what a CATastrophy
    I deleted it on the chance that perhaps you'd posted whilst the thread was in another forum where such a post might be allowed, but obviously I was wrong. You may take a break and in that time please read the forum charter.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭thecons

marc antonio, think it will cost you about €50 in Westgate Vets in Drogheda. I know I probably shouldn't say this but because he's male, there's not so much of a panic on it... Put a few quid aside when you can, and when you have it you have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

Try the clinic Dogs Aid run in Ballymun, it's on a Tuesday. Give Maggie a ring to book him in. 087 2944310

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

I know my parents vet (down the country)spay dogs/cats for pensioners for a huge discount. I think it was €20 or €30. So if you have elderly parents/ Grandparents . Might be worth getting them to check with the local vet and see how much it would cost "them" to have the cat spayed;)
    I'll be getting my parents to bring my cat along for it's op in a few months . Can't afford the huge fees either!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

If the blue cross or the like can do it for you if you can give them something towards it or donate something weekly even just a couple of quid a week until it's paid back.

In the mean time as said he doesn't need to be done until 5 to 6 months (keep him indoors before and after) so in the mean time a fiver a week put aside will help take the burden of the full bill off you.

Argh people Males are Neutered and Females are Spayed (sorry just a thing I have) you've had some job having a male spayed lol.

Advertisement