Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disgusting Behaviour.

• 17-01-2010 2:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭

This evening I (designated dirver) was thrown out of a pub because i wasn't drinking alcohol.

Im sitting here thinking about it and im disgusted..its unreal. i went to see a mates band in whelan's (wexford st.),after the gig the bar really packed out so myself and two others (a couple,were all mid-thirties) walked across the road to ryan's pub...having sat down at a table the bar man comes over and asks "what will we have"..the reply he got was " a pint of guinness,a glass of water and a coffee" he looks at us with a surley head and says if you want a coffee go across the road to eddie rockets and get a coffee. i said ok dont worry about it,a second glass of water will be fine..so he goes off gets the pint and 1 glass of water puts them down on the table with force...as he's walking off he then has the fcukin cheek to say with a bad attitude..this is'nt bewleys. if you're not going to spend money in here..go somewhere else. i stood up to the bar and told him i was designated dirver, i fcuking asked you for a coffee and you tell me to fcuk off somewhere else. Stupid Prick.
    What annoy's me is that this fcukwit is serving up drink to people who are half asleep with intoxication...it's a shocker..people who should have gone home hours ago. this prick doesn't give a fcuk about the punters. its a disgrace..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭Furious-Dave

Nozebleed wrote: »
    This evening I (designated dirver) was thrown out of a pub because i wasn't drinking alcohol.

Im sitting here thinking about it and im disgusted..its unreal. i went to see a mates band in whelan's (wexford st.),after the gig the bar really packed out so myself and two others (a couple,were all mid-thirties) walked across the road to ryan's pub...having sat down at a table the bar man comes over and asks "what will we have"..the reply he got was " a pint of guinness,a glass of water and a coffee" he looks at us with a surley head and says if you want a coffee go across the road to eddie rockets and get a coffee. i said ok dont worry about it,a second glass of water will be fine..so he goes off gets the pint and 1 glass of water puts them down on the table with force...as he's walking off he then has the fcukin cheek to say with a bad attitude..this is'nt bewleys. if you're not going to spend money in here..go somewhere else. i stood up to the bar and told him i was designated dirver, i fcuking asked you for a coffee and you tell me to fcuk off somewhere else. Stupid Prick.
    What annoy's me is that this fcukwit is serving up drink to people who are half asleep with intoxication...it's a shocker..people who should have gone home hours ago. this prick doesn't give a fcuk about the punters. its a disgrace..

I would have asked for the manager. If he was the manager I'd have threatened to call my Garda friend and ask him to get some of his colleagues to do a spot inspection on the place:mad:

That's pretty shockin.. I hated having to pay for cordial when I was driving but this is takin the piss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

i wouldn't mind when we were in whelans next door..the barman had no problem with us...he did however have the coffee machine off but gave me a pint of cordial free of charge. which was impressive.

I made a official complaint to MEAS today regarding the inicident..Mature Enjoyment of Alcohol in Society.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

It's there a law that publicans can't serve alcohol to those already inebriated?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

What a tool

I hate places that think zero business is negative business

Besides, your mate was spending money

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

ridiculous attitude to have in this day and age, if he isnt able to do his job politely there are plenty out there willing to do it id wager

you should have made a complaint tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭SuperCereal

This Kind of behaviour is totally unacceptable but swearing at the man is equally as unacceptable. He may been under orders by management to encourage punters to buy booze and dirtect non drinkers over to Eddies. This is not to say anything he did or the managements positions on drinkers is correct. Its about complaining to the right people. Putting in a complaint with MEAS was a good move and maybe calling the bar today or tomorrow wouldn't be a bad idea either.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Bugnug

Nozebleed wrote: »

That is absolutely outrageous behaviour. If I were in your shoes I would pursue this as far as possible. There is a real attitude problem with publicans in this country, they expect people to come in and basically leave their wages in the till. I worked in a pub when I was a student and if tourists ever came in and like normal responsible adults sat over a drink for an hour or two chatting, the owner of the pub would be loosing his mind. In Australia the last pub you leave at the end of the night is responsible for you until you get inside your own front door. I have seen barmen over the years hundreds of times serving alcohol to people who could barely string a sentence together. Good luck with this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

i think we should flash mob the place and only ask for water or coffee. and none of that bottled water shyte too. good decent tap water!!
    seriously though, while i don't like being sworn at, there was a clip of sean locke on live at the apollo where he swore at an easyjet staff member. there is a time and a place for bad language IMO, and this is one of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

that is an appalling attitude to have, I would have walked out and not paid for the other drinks and left. Why is there such a horrible attitude in this country to someone who isn't drinking for whatever reason?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,611 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

i think we should flash mob the place and only ask for water or coffee. and none of that bottled water shyte too. good decent tap water!!
    seriously though, while i don't like being sworn at, there was a clip of sean locke on live at the apollo where he swore at an easyjet staff member. there is a time and a place for bad language IMO, and this is one of them.

off topic but had to google it, very good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=us-0JEw-q7w

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭JohnThomas09

this guy is obviously an idiot.i would have raised the issue with his manager.I worked in the bar trade during collage and never had an issue with DD's.Its funny to think that them small bottles of water cost 90c(wholesale) and are sold for 2.80 or so,nice profit he would have made on the DD's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

I've only had one such incident, one night I asked a bar tender for a glass of coke, he looked at me with a jeer on his face and replied 'we dont sell that here' and walked away from me to serve someone else!! Despite the fact that they did in fact sell it (of course they did), but, he was just some little gobsheen stuck up his own ass and more interested I believe in serving the ladies and getting there attention than serving me! Asshole :rolleyes:

Advertisement