Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buy sim card or phone??

Options
  • 17-01-2010 2:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭

Hey..what have people done re mobile phone...have ye just bout sim card or what...do phones have to be unblocked or something??
    also any way to transfer credit on your old sim to new one??

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

you with Vodazfone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

if you have an unlocked tri-band phone then bring it with you, you can pick up a sim here anywhere. All the operators are as good or as bad as eachother tbh. Like Ireland, you'll have to shop around for the best deal.

I'm on a Vodafone $29 flexi-cap, it suits me since most of the phones i call are vodafone, and I can buy it in some shops for $26. But there are better deals to be had.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

When i landed in Cairns airport, they had a vodafone stall there. i just bought a sim card for like 10 dollars, topped up by $29 and got $150 credit. (btw, its normal here to top up by $29/$49 and get $150/$300 credit)

i already had my phone unlocked to use any sim card, but sure u can pick up a cheap fone for about $100 to $150. it'd hardly be an iPhone but it'll send txts and receive calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Beachband

The easiest thing to do is get your phone unlocked, then you can choose whatever network you like once your there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

my current yoke is some sort of slidey nokia that was IIRC $69 with $40 credit just make sure yer handset is unblocked and you can try all the networks, Optus freetime is good too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

$2 for a Vodafone SIM in Woolworths

Make sure you get your provider to unlock your phone or get one of these:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.25335

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Ozeire

Yeah just as the guys said ring your mobile and get them to unlock your phone .

But be warned if it's a blackberry it could take any thing up to 60 days to unlock it . Don't ask me why 60 days but that's what o2 told me .

Advertisement