Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

$1000 Steam account

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

What do I think? Well since that kind of account trading is against the T&Cs, I think that account is about to be suspended.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Soulja boy

What do I think? Well since that kind of account trading is against the T&Cs, I think that account is about to be suspended.
    Did you report his screen name as well, I know I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

That would be horrible on the fella that buys it if he finds out 3 months down the road that the account is suspended

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

Fol20 wrote: »
    That would be horrible on the fella that buys it if he finds out 3 months down the road that the account is suspended

Whoever bought it is an idiot. If this was a private deal that nobody knew about, he might have gotten away with it, but it's been covered by the likes of Kotaku already. Gabe is probably twirling the banhammer as we speak.

Soulja boy wrote: »
    Did you report his screen name as well, I know I did.

Why would you want to report him..In all fairness its not like hes robbing it or pirating games..Imo,it should be just like trading a game into gamestop etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

Whoever bought it must't have paid up because it's relisted and bidding starts at 1 cent.

I have a steam,microsoft and psn account with a good few games on them..If i wanted to are you saying i cant sell my account even though i paid good money some which was for overpriced software copies that would have been cheaper in a store?

koHd wrote: »
    Whoever bought it must't have paid up because it's relisted and bidding starts at 1 cent.

Link?

I got my source from here as well

http://kotaku.com/5449767/steam-account-sells-for-1000-on-ebay

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Soulja boy

Why would you want to report him..In all fairness its not like hes robbing it or pirating games..Imo,it should be just like trading a game into gamestop etc
    fun of it.

lol actually just noticed he got neg feedback from the fella that bought it.

He said "Seller is a scammer dont buy"

What would happen in this situation.doesnt paypal only protect up to like 350e

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

I saw it in the link to ebay you put in the first post. Says item is relisted and I scrolled down to see it was at 1 cent and zero bids made.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

lol actually just noticed he got neg feedback from the fella that bought it.

He said "Seller is a scammer dont buy"

What would happen in this situation.doesnt paypal only protect up to like 350e

The guy who bid on it is just some arsehole who leaves negative feedback for everyone and doesnt pay up.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=firedm1&ftab=FeedbackLeftForOthers

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭GisforGrenade

If you were smart and just lurked on steam for a while, you would get most of those games for a fraction of the listed price, it seems like your man's wife saw the credit card bill for all those games and nearly fainted and demanded he get some of that money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

So what do all of ye think of the 1000 dollar account that was sold recently on ebay..

Youd have to be some tool to pay that much for the games he has

linky
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=220538110051&Category=139973&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26its%3DI%26otn%3D2#ht_3307wt_1165

Is this to say that he's a tool because the games are crap, or that he's mad for paying for 1000 dollars worth of games ??

Because I'm sure I'm not the only one here who'd not want to calculate the total amount they've spent on games. I can spend anywhere up to 2-300 a month on games...depending on whats released that month. I'd be well into the 3k + i'd say

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Is this to say that he's a tool because the games are crap, or that he's mad for paying for 1000 dollars worth of games ??

Because I'm sure I'm not the only one here who'd not want to calculate the total amount they've spent on games. I can spend anywhere up to 2-300 a month on games...depending on whats released that month. I'd be well into the 3k + i'd say

Me too,dunno if id be spending quite as much as 300 even at xmas but id spend a lot..Mind you i buy all my releases at the cheapest price possible.I paid 10 for halo odst,20 for cod mw etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Unfortunately i'm the opposite, I like to buy games on release and can't be bothered bargain hunting.
    I won't buy online much as I don't like having to wait, and will just as quickly pay 10/15 extra in GAME up the road to have it there an then.

Though its good to see in recent years the prices of games dropping somewhat :D

Saying that, STEAM doesn't help with all its SALEs, find myself trying to buy everything during them...some of the SALEs are ridiculous.

Advertisement