Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Right on our door-step

Options
  • 17-01-2010 5:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭

I dont know but this looks like something that got out of hand (handbags) and now a life has been lost :(
    Gardaí have launched a murder inquiry into the fatal stabbing of a 24-year-old man in Dublin this morning.
    The man, a former member of the Defence Forces, was from the Coolock area.
    At a news conference, Superintendent John Gilligan said an altercation took place between the occupants of two adjoining apartments at The Beech apartment building in the Grattan Wood complex at around 1am.

The row, involving a number of men, spilled out into a common area in the complex.
    Two cars left the complex and a short distance up the road the occupants of the vehicle stepped out and had a further altercation.
    A man was stabbed in the chest and later pronounced dead in Beaumount Hospital.
    Gardaí said that they have recovered the murder weapon, a knife, and are searching for other knives at the scene.
    Gardaí said at least three people were travelling in each car and they are appealing to anyone that was in the Grattan Wood complex or the Hole in The Wall road early this morning to come forward and contact gardaí.
    Gardaí said they have recovered the two cars involved in the incident but are seeking the occupants of the black Honda civic, registration number 06 D 88112.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

I live in the area (not in the same development) and I've heard of many many arguments ensuing over party noise, apartments are a curse for it.

This is completely unbelievable stuff, not gangland related, victim had never been in trouble with the Gaurds, the culprits were driving a 06 Honda Civic which would not fit the profile of a scumbag...there are many strange elements.

I drove by the scene of the crime yesterday evening and there was a mass of flowers there already.

RIP to the young lad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

I was "told" that it was over party noise. If that is true its shocking BUT not the first :(

Kiera wrote: »
    I was "told" that it was over party noise. If that is true its shocking BUT not the first :(

I'm intrigued to hear the murders side to this and how it warranted plunging a knife into his heart. There had to be multiple witnesses, there are about 50 apartments facing the road where it occurred.

I would imagine the name of the departed will be released tomorrow.

I'm intrigued to hear the murders side to this and how it warranted plunging a knife into his heart. There had to be multiple witnesses, there are about 50 apartments facing the road where it occurred.

I would imagine the name of the departed will be released tomorrow.
    This isnt the first time this happened.

I'm a tad older than you (30) i remember when i was about 12-14 it happened in Baldoyle (seagrange). Neighbours had it out over noise and someone was stabbed and died (i know more of this story but wont say....)

So if this was over party noise, its not un-common (in any area not just D13/D5)

So if this was over party noise, its not un-common (in any area not just D13/D5)

Oh it would not surprise me to hear that it's not uncommon, fueled by alcohol and drugs in all likelihood. Location does not matter really, 24yr old's life snubbed out...thats it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The victim was only visiting the apartments i heard, must have made a remark about the noise so he was targeted. Very hard to know what exactly happened, but to follow someone in their car and then stab them really is a terrible thing.

Oh it would not surprise me to hear that it's not uncommon, fueled by alcohol and drugs in all likelihood. Location does not matter really, 24yr old's life snubbed out...thats it.
    Thats it. A life lost over what we'd all give out over. It would make you have a fear (not me because i'm an idiot/mouth)for not saying anything....

Davy wrote: »
    The victim was only visiting the apartments i heard, must have made a remark about the noise so he was targeted. Very hard to know what exactly happened, but to follow someone in their car and then stab them really is a terrible thing.

Details are sketchy alright, I'd imagine the guards are giving nothing away on this one until the full picture emerges.

Thats it. A life lost over what we'd all give out over. It would make you have a fear (not me because i'm an idiot/mouth)for not saying anything....

You are correct, you just dont know you you could be confronting these days. The blatant disregard for a human life in this country over the last 15years really is scary.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Another shooting tonight as well.

Davy wrote: »
    Details are sketchy alright, I'd imagine the guards are giving nothing away on this one until the full picture emerges.

You are correct, you just dont know you you could be confronting these days. The blatant disregard for a human life in this country over the last 15years really is scary.
    Yeah thats what i heard from mates that live there. This is what "people" are at these days.

My ex stood on someones toe in a packed pub in Coolock (the Blacker) one night and was glassed right in front of me. He hit the deck and i jumped on top of him to cover him and i got kicked so hard in the ribs that they broke 2 of mine. I was covered in blood and no one knew whos it was.

Cops came up to the hosp and those lads cam back to the pub after getting kicked out in a car with guns. We found out the guys name and guess what? He was out on bail for guns and when my ex went to get a solicitor it turned out he was that guys Dads solicitor so it was something conflict. And his Dad owned 2 pubs in Dublin. Scumbag rich kid :(

But its all gravy, Turned out my family knew him, he got his come-upins ;)

• Advertisement

Another shooting tonight as well.
    Where? Link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Chonaic

Kiera wrote:
    But its all gravy, Turned out my family knew him, he got his come-upins ;)

Yes, very gravy. Denounce violence for your bf's sake, and then praise it when it works in your favour.

Chonaic wrote: »
    Yes, very gravy. Denounce violence for your bf's sake, and then praise it when it works in your favour.
    Pffft, if my family are in danger because of some coke-head.gun waving knacker and he gets a hiding i'm all about giving that person a high-five!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Where? Link?

No link yet, Priorswood, 1 dead 2 injured aparently.

So the guy that was shot dead at the back of the Newtown apts a few months ago....it was his brothers party that this all happened at....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

Jesus christ what is the world coming to,

Apperently there was a gang fight outside the apartments 3 guys on 5 someone also told me someone's car was rammed

All this because of loud music :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

There should be better laws for people who have to deal with noisy neighbours as it stands the guards can not do anything and because of this a man has died the government can in a blahsmaphy law but wont deal with modern crimes like noisy disruptive neighbours forcing the public to deal with it

Every morning I wake up to see on the news another shooting/stabbing and why is it happening because the murderers get short jail sentences and a cushy life inside and if they are lucky early release

I am starting to despise this country criminals can do what they want and if the ordinary Joe Soap tries to retaliate or protect their home and their family or shock horror dont pay their TV license they go to prison hence filling up the prisons and letting the real criminal roam the streets causing havoc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Whats the betting the guy that mooned at the judge gets a concurrent sentence when he gets put away:cool:DPP my arse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Hootanany wrote: »
    Whats the betting the guy that mooned at the judge gets a concurrent sentence when he gets put away:cool:DPP my arse

If he's lucky enough to get to trial. Mouthpieces like that are usually next on the hitlist.

Just found out I know the guy who was stabbed. Brother of a guy I used to be friends with. Hearing all sorts of rumours about the culprit, I'm sure he'll be arrested.

And another shooting in Coolock last night. Five murders this year so far, four of the victims from Coolock. This is what happens when governments forget about areas and still to this day I rarely see Guards on the streets around here.

RIP Warren

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭DubMedic

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0117/coolock.html

This country is really going to the dogs.. fcuk sake!.

Advertisement