Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tactics?

• 17-01-2010 10:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭

What are your tactics when Pokébattling? Do you tend to use attacks like growl and leer and get their stats down or just go all out offensive? I'm an all out offensive person. Never bothered with stats :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 708 ✭✭✭syncosised

Same here, I just play the type game. Take them out with one shot of their weakest type!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Smartly Dressed

syncosised wrote: »
    Same here, I just play the type game. Take them out with one shot of their weakest type!

Usually do this but if I have a pokemon that knows sleep powder/hypnosis then I'll use it but that's really the only effect I use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Yeah, I'll use sleep or poison powder and stuff aswell, depending on the situation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

90% of the time I can knock them out with one attack but If I can't I usually use moves that higher my own stats.

Ominous wind is a great attack.
    It's a ghost move that with 60 power and some times it also sharply raises all of your stats at once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I generally tend towards offense but if I can't find a worthwhile replacement for a move that sharply boosts or lowers stats then I tend to spam it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

I have never once used an attack to lower stats. In most battles I'd need only one attack at most 2 so their kinda pointless tbh. Maybe sleep/poison etc but apart from them no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

I'm a compedititve battler so it's usually pack a special and physical sweeper and a tank and pray for the match to work out like so:
    YouTube - Ubers get to play with FIRE!

However sometimes I like to just have a laugh:
    Udders of Doom!!!!!!

Failing that, the Ubers come out for some light entertainment:
    Ubers get to play with FIRE!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

It's generally an all out-offense from me.

Out of my entire team in my Japanese Platinum, there are only four moves from the twenty-four that aren't an offensive attack:
    - Swords Dance and Nasty Plot, for massive stat increases
    - Swagger, for confusion
    - Metal Sound, for sharp special defense reduction so that the remaining special-based attacks hit hard!

Advertisement