Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpaid credit card

Options
  • 17-01-2010 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

I have an unpaid credit card that i maxed out and only half paid back a few years ago. I moved to another country not long after. Just wondering how long will I be blacklisted for if i don't pay it back. Or if I pay it back now would I be OK?

It was over three years ago when all this happened. The amount was about 1,000.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

It will be on your report for 6 years. Thats until its paid back or is sold on to a debt collection company. If its sold on it will be marked on your ICB. So if was paid back tomorrow it would be on the ICB until 2016. If the bank wrote it off or gave it to a debt collection company 2 years ago it would be clear in 2014.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭gabhan16

So in order to find out I'd need to contact the bank and see what they've done with the debt?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Yes. Its either still with the bank, wrote off or with a debt collection agency.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭gabhan16

Thanks for the reply.

Advertisement