Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you find beautiful?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Eww what in the name of Christ is that ^^ ? :eek:

It's Symphony X - and it's from their album based on the Paradise Lost epic poem. It's awesome. :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

It's Symphony X - and it's from their album based on the Paradise Lost epic poem. It's awesome. :D

Ah! My post looks odd now - there was another (now deleted) post there containing a not-so beautiful image. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

<3

And ye, there was something odd with Duffy's post - I saw a picture of a river, but some people were reporting something else on IRC :P

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Robby91 wrote: »
    And ye, there was something odd with Duffy's post - I saw a picture of a river, but some people were reporting something else on IRC :P

It most definitely wasn't a river :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Is it bad that I laughed? It was simultaneously disgusting and surreal. Also never hotlink from other sites because they're invariably evil.

Anyway, here's Euler's formula because we all love maths and it's the first thing I could think of.
    e^(iphi) = cos(phi) + i*sin(phi)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Well boy this sure is embarrassing :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

Some art that I fine really beautiful at the moment...

xia-xiaowan4.jpg

David-Spriggs-1.jpg

3D glass paintings...

paper art

the-secret-of-kells2.jpg

Can't get enough of this little film... seriously beautiful.

famous-painting-klimt_adele-bloch-bauer.jpg

Gustav Klimt. I think I'm in love with him.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

The sun is just starting to set here. I can see it through a gap in the clouds above the local GAA pitch. Everything is dark and grey apart from 4 houses where this lovely pink-gold light is shining through. Awesome stuff. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭cheesefiend

I'm not a sadist, I swear but you know when people cry and their eyes change colour and they look really pretty.

Eyes in general I find really beautiful, especially green eyes.

Water - whether it be the ocean, a lake, a river, a stream, in the shower or a bath. It's just so hypnotic.

Fire - I can sit and stare at a fire for hours. If I see one I get the urge to start burning or meting things in it (not a pyromaniac either).

Cherry blossoms are very beautiful also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Just the lyrics are wow! :)
    You and I, right or wrong, there's no other one
    After this time I spent alone
    It's hard to believe that a man with sight could be so blind
    Thinkin' 'bout the better times, must've been outta my mind
    So I'm runnin' back to tell you

All that I'm after is a life full of laughter
    Without you God knows what I'd do

All that I'm after is a life full of laughter
    As long as I'm laughing with you
    I'm thinkin' that all that still matters is love ever after
    After the life we've been through
    'Cause I know there's no life after you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭rorrissey

The movie/book Into the Wild and the soundtrack for it, by Eddie Vedder. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

I heard him for the first time Thursday night on Other Vioces, i love the start of it :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

You may recognise this from the motion picture soundtrack for the film Michael Collins.
    You should recognise it as one of the most hauntingly beautiful singing performances ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

moon_by_monavx-d2zvmd2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

That is so cool. I jumped between Soundtrack to your Angst and this and I thought it was an album cover. It'd make an awesome album cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

Jackobyte wrote: »
    That is so cool. I jumped between Soundtrack to your Angst and this and I thought it was an album cover. It'd make an awesome album cover.

Ooh, you're right! Imagine that as a full-size print on one side of a CD/LP... it'd be so fantastic! It's by this really amazing artist called Monaux, by the way, in case you'd like to see more of his stuff. He has lots of other drawings, gig posters, and an illustrated personal journal on his website, and even more stuff on DeviantArt. Here's another one I really like;

Classes_by_monavx.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Do not, as some ungracious pastors do,
    Show me the steep and thorny way to heaven
    Whiles, like a puff'd and reckless libertine
    Himself the primrose path of dalliance treads
    Conscience does make cowards of us all
    And thus the native hue of resolution
    Is sicklied o'er with the pale cast of thought

When I stop looking at it as schoolwork, Shakespeare's amazing. Honestly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Find this quite peaceful, relaxing and of course beautiful. Great video as well, haven't stopped watching it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

What do I find beautiful?

A job well done... with taste and precision. Nothing as beautiful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

What do I find beautiful?

A job well done... with taste and precision. Nothing as beautiful.

That certainly can connect with the spelling of your username.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭floutingmaxims

Music wise:

Love Yann Tiersen too and this video is amazing.

I could post a million more songs that i think are beautiful cause sad and emotional songs are kind of my forté :L

When it comes to the buachaillí

Jon_Snow.PNG

daniel-bruhl12.jpg

Querky
    Big eyes
    Facial Hair

I prefer the rugged look :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭marko93

Robby91 wrote: »

I hope this hasn't already been posted... :o If it has, I think it's deserving of a second mention :P
    That was absolutly glorious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Music:

Great on those clear nights.

Pictures/Photos:

tumblr_kwrx48qjgV1qaf012o1_500.jpg

Also, the last paragraph from James Joyce's 'The Dead' is one of the most beautiful passages I've ever read:
    A few light taps upon the pane made him turn to the window. It had begun to snow again. He watched sleepily the flakes, silver and dark, falling obliquely against the lamplight. The time had come for him to set out on his journey westward. Yes, the newspapers were right: snow was general all over Ireland. It was falling on every part of the dark central plain, on the treeless hills, on the Bog of Allen and, farther westward, softly falling into the dark mutinous Shannon waves. It was falling, too, upon every part of the lonely churchyard on the hill where Michael Furey lay buried. It lay thickly drifted on the crooked crosses and headstones, on the spears of the little gate, on the barren thorns. His soul swooned slowly as he heard the snow falling faintly through the universe and faintly falling, like the descent of their last end, upon all the living and the dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭floutingmaxims

Also, the last paragraph from James Joyce's 'The Dead' is one of the most beautiful passages I've ever read:

I just had to analyse that passage for an assignment! Our lecturer was pretty bummed when we were reading it as the weather was kinda warm and dull and it would have been amazing if it reflected the passage itself.

Good choices of music/pics too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭gypsy_rose

The expression on people's faces when they're kissing. Especially men.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭gypsy_rose

Honesty

I'm liking this today

Quote4.jpg

That just pulled me out of the bad mood I've been in all day, thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Cawcheen wrote: »
    I just had to analyse that passage for an assignment! Our lecturer was pretty bummed when we were reading it as the weather was kinda warm and dull and it would have been amazing if it reflected the passage itself.

Good choices of music/pics too :D

It is a very 'wintry' type of passage. In fact, all the things I chose are quite wintry. I must be getting into that mood.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Truly beautiful:

When I listen to this nothing else matters, the world disappears. In fact all of Ludovico Einaudi's music has that affect on me.

(Oh and anyone that knows me [I know you lurk] will be thinking WTF? right about now)

Advertisement