Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you find beautiful?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Some say beautiful
    Is only ones and zeros
    In the light
    The skin that wraps around
    And keeps you here
    Only hold you here in life

Don't love the soul
    It's only dots and crosses in your eyes
    Everything we do is just a thing
    And it's only here but just this little while

But it's my life my own
    Lot of people trust this but I don't
    No one hears the things that I believe through the shouts
    The truth is something, baby, no one really knows

I say beautiful
    Is the way your eyes stand with me in this light
    The body wraps around and keeps me here
    Is one to give to you in full tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

jumpguy wrote: »
    I'm actually not too pushed, having one taller would be a negative point, but if she was hot...erm...I mean had a good personality, then I'd be willing to forget it. Only thing is she might not be keen on a shorter guy. Then again, if she's taller than me she's taller than alot of guys (sneak self-compliment).

Yeah, it's not a deal breaker, but in general, we all know our preference. Men like women to be shorter, women like men to be taller. Simples.
    case and point:
    *tall model pic*

World's tallest model she's 6ft 9"

So,in the politest possible way,wouldya?

Without any hesitation whatsoever.

But I'd still prefer if she was shorter than me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

Beautiful eh?

There's this place near where I live called the Graves of the Leinster Men. It's on this really big hill and last summer my friends and I used to drive up there a lot. You know in "The Departed" everytime Matt Damon's character see's the gold roof of city hall he just stops and stares totally facinated....well that's like me on that hill, the view is incredible, looking over Lough Derg, Clare and Limerick City when the moon's out and the stars are shining....wow.

Coming down in the cars we'd take turns getting up on the roof while the car was moving down the hill....feels like your flying. Amazing.

And this is the only piece of music that has ever reduced me into a blubing mess...I never said I was cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

all kinds of everything!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

A finely crafted sandwich.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭lou91

The cast of Gossip Girl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

There's nothing like a well composed piece of choral music to stir the emotions tbh. I've been lucky enough to sing these two songs with choirs in the past and they are both absolutely gorgeous songs, simply amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭kev_s88

duude i did not know you were a choral singer....i think ive found my kindred spirit lol :) so are you a tenor or a bass???

if you like Eric Whitacre you're gonna be so jealous of me when i tell you this...my choir got invited to go to New York and perform Paradise Lost: Shadows and Wings by Eric Whitacre in Carnegie Hall with him conducting us :cool:

also yes Magnum Mysterium is one of the most hauntingly beautiful pieces ive ever heard, as is Lux Aurumque by Whitacre...now i have someone to discuss the merits of choral music with lol :)

kev_s88 wrote: »
    duude i did not know you were a choral singer....i think ive found my kindred spirit lol :) so are you a tenor or a bass???

if you like Eric Whitacre you're gonna be so jealous of me when i tell you this...my choir got invited to go to New York and perform Paradise Lost: Shadows and Wings by Eric Whitacre in Carnegie Hall with him conducting us :cool:

:eek::eek::eek:

You are officially made of win good sir! I'd give my left arm for an experience like that, was just looking at some vids of him conducting on youtube and he's absolutely spot on in everything he does. When you going?

I can safely say I've never got to do anything as ridiculously cool as that tbh. Its funny this just came up now actually, I sing with the Irish Youth Choir myself and just found out our programme for next summer this afternoon. Going to be doing a collaboration with the National Youth Orchestra in a few concerts around the country, and one of the pieces will be Brahms Requiem, which could either be absolutely unreal or just waaay too hard!

I'm a baritone myself. Was a 2nd bass all the way through secondary school but my range has been kinda moving upwards a bit the last year or two, so I settled on baritone during the IYC last year. What bout yourself?

Daysha wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek:

You are officially made of win good sir! I'd give my left arm for an experience like that, was just looking at some vids of him conducting on youtube and he's absolutely spot on in everything he does. When you going?

I can safely say I've never got to do anything as ridiculously cool as that tbh. Its funny this just came up now actually, I sing with the Irish Youth Choir myself and just found out our programme for next summer this afternoon. Going to be doing a collaboration with the National Youth Orchestra in a few concerts around the country, and one of the pieces will be Brahms Requiem, which could either be absolutely unreal or just waaay too hard!

I'm a baritone myself. Was a 2nd bass all the way through secondary school but my range has been kinda moving upwards a bit the last year or two, so I settled on baritone during the IYC last year. What bout yourself?

haha made of win :) that makes me a happy kev_s88 lol he really is a phenomenal conductor alright...and ruggedly handsome if i may say so lol! were heading over for 4 days on the 12th of june.gonna be huge

Irish Youth Choir is fairly impressive man. id kill for a shot at something serious like that.we're more of a small choir like theres only 22 of us but we've managed to put out a good name for ourselves.won some national choir competition last year and go away a fair bit for festivals and stuff. But yeh the Requiem would be amazing to do...fairly tough to get spot on but amazing if you do. we're just setting up a load of choral versions of irish and american popular music for bringing over to New York...started doing a jazz arrangment of Rimsky-Korsakov's Flight of the Bumblebee which is absolutely hilarious to try sing haha

im a Tenor myself, normally sing Tenor 1 but ive been kinda slipping more into the tenor 2 range lately which is tough cause im currently the only Tenor 1 in our choir as loadsa ppl left. id love to be able to hit the second bass notes and be a baritone but my voice is jsut that bit too high haha :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

For me musically, classical piano music.

People wise... tall, dark hair, expressional eyes.

Views...the one out of my kitchen window in the sunset. It's the highest peak in the mountain with a water fall if you look to your right and a bay if you look to your left (its in the distance) forestry covers the mountains!

this is just one of the most breathtaking things ive ever heard and i was totally blown away by this!

kev_s88 wrote: »
    haha made of win :) that makes me a happy kev_s88 lol he really is a phenomenal conductor alright...and ruggedly handsome if i may say so lol! were heading over for 4 days on the 12th of june.gonna be huge

Irish Youth Choir is fairly impressive man. id kill for a shot at something serious like that.we're more of a small choir like theres only 22 of us but we've managed to put out a good name for ourselves.won some national choir competition last year and go away a fair bit for festivals and stuff. But yeh the Requiem would be amazing to do...fairly tough to get spot on but amazing if you do. we're just setting up a load of choral versions of irish and american popular music for bringing over to New York...started doing a jazz arrangment of Rimsky-Korsakov's Flight of the Bumblebee which is absolutely hilarious to try sing haha

im a Tenor myself, normally sing Tenor 1 but ive been kinda slipping more into the tenor 2 range lately which is tough cause im currently the only Tenor 1 in our choir as loadsa ppl left. id love to be able to hit the second bass notes and be a baritone but my voice is jsut that bit too high haha :)

Haha it's always the same, I've always wanted to see what it's like being a tenor, just for a few days. You always get the cool lines as well ;)

Also, keep a look out for IYC auditions will ya? Because of the requirements singing with an orchestra we're increasing our size from 60+ to over a 100 this year, so there are LOTS of space opening up! Especially for dudes as well, and ESPECIALLY good tenors :). We don't have the exact details on the plan for this summer yet, but it's usually a week long course in which you'd basically be singing from 9am-9pm, but the repertoire is always fun yet still kinda challenging! The age limit is 18-28 yrs old (so I think you'd be ok :P) and honest to god, it's an absolutely amazing week. It's just such a good laugh meeting new people and all that, I haven't met a single person who hasn't enjoyed and didn't want to come back the following year.

Not saying you have to give me a yes right now, just keep it in mind :) I'll let you know when the application forms are released.

Daysha wrote: »
    Not saying you have to give me a yes right now, just keep it in mind :) I'll let you know when the application forms are released.

do indeed let me know.id love to come and have a go at that :) say the craic is mighty at one of them things! and yes i am alright with the age haha sure im only 21 ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

0023ae606f170c6ecddc15.jpg

avril.jpg

Always loved this quote from Einstein too:
    The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Always loved this quote from Einstein too:

That quote is almost as beautiful as the the idea contained within it.

this is positively the most beautiful song i have ever heard in my life! never come so close to tears from a song...(and im normally a pretty emotional guy lol ;) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Language, nature...beaches in particular, I love the waves and the sand and the smell. I find a lot of music beautiful too. And eyelashes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Outer space is great looking I suppose.

And Number Theory has a certain appeal to it. Some people like it too much however.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Walking through an empty, snow-covered field, away from any roads, while listening to this song. Probably the most peaceful experience I'll ever....um...experience.

And probably my favourite song of all time.

Debaser is one of those songs that always makes me instantly happy/energised. Always has, always will.

Can't believe I forgot to post this first time around. Absolutely beautiful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Just downright beautiful.

Great chillaxing song

Probably my favourite movie theme song

And just the Bavaria region in general is somewhere that is just outstanding in my eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Davidius wrote: »
    Outer space is great looking I suppose.

And Number Theory has a certain appeal to it. Some people like it too much however.

Graph Theory FTW tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I think all the people of Boards are beautiful!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

M&S* wrote: »
    I think all the people of Boards are beautiful!:)
    Even Jizzler?

Especially Jizzler...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

prob been mentioned before, but

People: Cheryl Cole :D

Advertisement