Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mascara - What to buy to avoid Panda eye

• 17-01-2010 11:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm just wondering what is the best mascara to buy to avoid panda eye syndrome. Every mascara I've bought recently has smeared under my eyes by the end of the day (and usually much sooner:() I buy waterproof mascara and clinique, clarins, no 7 and a few others have been amongst my purchases and none of them stay put.

I have very fair lashes so need to wear mascara, considering getting my eyelashes dyed but would like to hear if anyone has any recommendations for mascara that actually stays put. Thanks in advance:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Is there a chance your lower eyelids are quite oily? Do you wear foundation? I would suggest putting some powder underneath before putting on mascara.

I use Loreal Architect and don't have that problem anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Rayne

I use this bad boy Blinc Mascara
    It 'tubes' your lashes, not paint.
    Its pricey, but having spend €15 on a Body Shop "waterproof" recently that was very much not waterproof, I def can't steer way from it! Its great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Stella777

If you are going to any country where they have Sephora stores, or you know someone who lives there or is traveling there and could pick it up for you, then I'd highly recommend Fiberwig by Imju. I rarely wear mascara because I tend to rub my eyes, but the odd time I do wear it, it's this stuff. It WON'T budge...It forms tubes around the lashes and will only come off with warm water and gentle pressure.

AAAAAvVvgHwAAAAAAVm7eA.jpg?v=1223239895000

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Thanks for all your recommendations:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭blue banana

I had the same problem as you lindtee, until I discovered Estee Lauder Double Wear. I swear by it.

http://www.esteelauder.com/product/spp.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CAT637&PRODUCT_ID=3513

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭~nop~

If none of them work maybe only put mascara on your upper lashes and then do eyeliner or something on the lower ones? Had a friend who this kept happening to too but it didn't seem to be the mascara just how her eyelashes curled or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I use YSL mascara and I never have this problem. I've had it before with other brands but not since I've used YSL. It's expensive but definitely worth it. I don't tend to put it on my lower lashes during the day as it sometimes irritates me.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭aidom

Stella777 wrote: »
    If you are going to any country where they have Sephora stores, or you know someone who lives there or is traveling there and could pick it up for you, then I'd highly recommend Fiberwig by Imju. I rarely wear mascara because I tend to rub my eyes, but the odd time I do wear it, it's this stuff. It WON'T budge...It forms tubes around the lashes and will only come off with warm water and gentle pressure.

AAAAAvVvgHwAAAAAAVm7eA.jpg?v=1223239895000

Clinque do one called Lash Power that's the same. It only comes off with warm water. It's been working great for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

No.7 works stays put for me, Avon used to do a waterproof one in the Trend line, used to be only €3.75 and it was brill... :( haven't seen an Avon book in yonks to know is it still in it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Thanks for all the tips and suggestions, will check them out. I don't use mascara on my lower lashes. Will keep trying mascaras til I find one that stays put on me!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

Hey OP,

I'd have to recommend getting your eyelashes tinted at the beauticians. I have very fair eyelashes and get them done every month or so. I find they define my lashes better than any mascara does, doesnt hurt, takes 10 mins once a month, costs me €8 and it wont rub off and leave you with those dreaded panda eyes.

And then, if your going out you can put a layer of mascara on if you wish but i find clear mascara does an excellent job on tinted lashes......and again... no panda eyes!!

Definitely worth a think....

Advertisement