Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would yizzer's like...

Options
  • 17-01-2010 11:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭

A Dublin crime/gangland thread?.

Well Deadly idea, or nah yiz are squeelers 17 votes

Ahh staary, dat wud B deadly bud.
    0% 0 votes
    Nah, it'll wreck me bleed'n head & yizzer's are rats.
    100% 17 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

What about a sub forum?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

I was thinking it myself after the earlier thread about the stabbing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

WindSock wrote: »
    What about a sub forum?

On the surface thats not a bad idea, however I'd imagine that alone would require a separate Mod.

I wouldn't mind throwing an eye over one thread but could you imagine the crap posted in a forum on Dublin City crime!.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

An intellectual discussion / debate on things relating to Dublin gangland with people who are actually knowledgeable of the current situation could be good.

Problem is I'd say many people will come on spouting the latest junk they've heard from Joe Duffy.

RMD wrote: »
    An intellectual discussion / debate on things relating to Dublin gangland with people who are actually knowledgeable of the current situation could be good.

Problem is I'd say many people will come on spouting the latest junk they've heard from Joe Duffy.

Gotta agree with you there, thats why I'd rather have it all in one thread than a sub-forum.

Keep all the muppet talk in the one area so to speak.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Relevant

I think a thread is a good idea, a sub forum on the other hand wouldnt work i don't think. It would be very hard to moderate..

Out of interest are there any threads on the recent murders? Haven't been able to find any?

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Nodster

No harm in giving it a go on a trial basis!

Relevant wrote: »
    Out of interest are there any threads on the recent murders? Haven't been able to find any?

There's one on the stabbing at Grattan Woods, Dub13. But its a stupid thread tbh.

Lads I'll take some advice on it, I'm just afraid someone will say something stupid on it which could get someone into serious trouble.

Tbh, its unlikely to get the go ahead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Could be a libel minefield I suppose.

WindSock wrote: »
    Could be a libel minefield I suppose.

Thats my thinking on it too.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

could be a nightmare to mod

maybe you could set up a private forum ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭DubMedic

Yeah as irishbird says, a private forum would be an idea.

You know it's bad when there is so much crime in dublin that there is talk of a forum being set up to discuss it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

RMD wrote: »

Well what else do people know without being involved in gangland situations?

And if they do know who is behind all the latest so and so id really doubt they would be spouting it out on an internet forum.

All I know is what I hear in the media and the ''word on the street''

One of which is not a source I can post on Boards.

Sorry guys, just took some professional advice on the issue and it can not happen.

Sorry.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement