Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dropleg holster

Options
  • 17-01-2010 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭

Just looking for some advice for a dropleg holster. I know it seems like i ask for help on everything but you lot give the best advice! :)

Anyway, I have a S&W sigma 4Of which rules out a serpa. Im willing to spend around 30.

Im Looking for one that wont wobble too much and will last.

any reccomendations welcome

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭Silent Death

I find drop leg holsters inhibit your running and if you have to lay on you leg. Go for thigh or hip holsters. In general Swiss Arms do nice ones of both type. Hobbyairsoft sell them for 15euro. Most holsters now take many different types of pistol. The Swiss Arms Thigh one i have can hold my PPK which is small to a 1911, Baby Hi Cappa, Sig 226.

Hope it helps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Guarder Tactical Thigh holster... Fully adjustable for most pistols - very small or large ones might have trouble. You can wear it as a dropleg or belt mounted. It's tough and secure and comes in OD or black and in left or right handed versions. The best £30 you'll ever spend!
    http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/guarder-tactical-thigh-holster-2002-ver-od
    (had a quick look but couldn't find it on any Irish sites!)

I think there are some versions of this in Ireland, I remember seeing them somewhere

Oh and how were you exiled from Galway Threadhead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Oh and how were you exiled from Galway Threadhead

Lack of suitable employment! Mind you must update that, am in Belfast now...

Treadhead wrote: »
    Lack of suitable employment! Mind you must update that, am in Belfast now...

Well at least your starting to creep back to ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭J.D.R

I know some people don't like the drop leg type holster, but it does give you an extra split second.

If you are facing someone who has a thigh holster, they have to put their hand down, across, and up to get to their thigh, whereas with the leg, you just have to put yours down.

This ay sound convoluted, but if your in a draw, it does give you an extra split second in my opinion.

ACS in newbridge have a few there, and he'll tell you what the best one to buy is

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭se conman

With any non-plastic holsters , before you use it , put a couple of small holes through the top stitches just below where the trigger guard sits and put a couple of tie-wraps/zipties in and this will stop the stitches ripping as they are bound to do from use.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭lissacahaluke

I find drop leg holsters inhibit your running and if you have to lay on you leg. Go for thigh or hip holsters. In general Swiss Arms do nice ones of both type. Hobbyairsoft sell them for 15euro. Most holsters now take many different types of pistol. The Swiss Arms Thigh one i have can hold my PPK which is small to a 1911, Baby Hi Cappa, Sig 226.

Hope it helps
    Do you mean that the 1911 is too big for it?
    And do you need a belt to use the swiss arms leg holster?
    Thanks,
    Luke Delaney.

Do you mean that the 1911 is too big for it?
    And do you need a belt to use the swiss arms leg holster?
    Thanks,
    Luke Delaney.

Sound like that my bad, No it will take the 1911, Baby Hi Cappa, PPK, Sig 226, Beretta, Glock. I have tried these all

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Markom5a

I Think im getting a swiss arms holster off my friend now for a good price but thnks for all the advice!!!:D:D

• Advertisement

Thanks and do you actually need a belt cos i dont have one yet?

Thanks and do you actually need a belt cos i dont have one yet?

Yes, For both types, go for sturdy leather or an army issue belt. Some Tac Vests have belts that might fit. I dont know.
    When you get it bring the belt and your pistol and try it out. They dont mind letting you see if its the right one

Yes, For both types, go for sturdy leather or an army issue belt. Some Tac Vests have belts that might fit. I dont know.
    When you get it bring the belt and your pistol and try it out. They dont mind letting you see if its the right one

Ya ok sound out.

Ya ok sound out.

No prob

Advertisement