Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

polaroid Pic 1000?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

It has been mentioned somewhere I think. I guess they want Lady Gaga to appeal to as many people as possible, I guess they need to do their best to get a return on their investment. As fas as I know they have also made a deal with Urban Outfitters in the states for them to be exclusive stockists. Which if it happens here could be bad news as that shop is a major rip off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

The film as well? I don't care about the camera...

I'm sure it'll appear online anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

*shudder*

That foul fake woodgrain is really making me want to buy in :eek:
    Any impossible project comment I've seen on this has denied any involvement so I don't know what their source is for the film, maybe they were banking on some link up with the IP characters or something.
    It's yet another holding company anyway, since polaroid went belly up last year. AFAIK the company just owns the brand, nothing more, so anything you see is probably speculative and opportunistic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,404 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Can imagine them limiting supply of any new film stock to keep the prices somewhat elivated

The impossible project does say theres a new website coming so maybe there is something happening (but might have been like that for a while)

Can imagine them limiting supply of any new film stock to keep the prices somewhat elivated

The impossible project does say theres a new website coming so maybe there is something happening (but might have been like that for a while)

well they're on track apparently for B&W integral (600), colour later in the year, maybe 4th quarter. Polaroid and the impossible project though are completely unrelated, no connection between them at all. You'll notice the press release mentions a 'reliance' on 600 film, but doesn't actually namecheck the impossible project anywhere. If they had some sort of commercial relationship their press releases would be co branded and synchronised. Comments I've seen by IP spokespeople have been if anything quite dismissive of this latest Polaroid brand re-invention.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,404 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

well they're on track apparently for B&W integral (600), colour later in the year, maybe 4th quarter. Polaroid and the impossible project though are completely unrelated, no connection between them at all. You'll notice the press release mentions a 'reliance' on 600 film, but doesn't actually namecheck the impossible project anywhere. If they had some sort of commercial relationship their press releases would be co branded and synchronised. Comments I've seen by IP spokespeople have been if anything quite dismissive of this latest Polaroid brand re-invention.

I get what you mean, I thought they were related, it does call it a strategic relationship,
    Supported by a strategic relationship with Summit Global Group, a longtime Polaroid partner, and The Impossible Project, the manufacturer of classic film for Polaroid film cameras, Polaroid will offer a completely redesigned, modern version of the Polaroid OneStep camera, the PIC 1000. The PIC 1000 will be available in a range of fun colors and use classic Polaroid Color 600 Instant Film to produce the brand’s classic white border instant pictures. The Polaroid Color 600 Instant Film will work with both classic and new Polaroid cameras and will be offered in packs of 10 pictures. The new classic PIC 1000 camera and instant color film will be available at national retailers in 2010. -Polaroid Press Release

Ah right, looks like I was wrong so. Evidently the IP reps on the flickr polaroid groups are talking out their collective asses so.

Advertisement