Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Buggy

Options
  • 17-01-2010 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭

Hi there, my wife is due in April with our 1st baby. We are looking at buggys at the moment (an eye opening experience :) ). We have it narrowed down to a few options and would appreciate peoples feedback.

Our main requirements are:

1. A sturdy buggy. We live in the country so a lot of the walking would not be on smooth footpaths.
    2. A buggy that has a travel system and the pram is preferrably an overnight sleeper.
    3. Must be able to slot the MaxiCosy car seat into it

The main two ones we are looking at are

1. Bugaboo Cameleon (Expensive but ticks all the boxes)
    2. Quinny Buzz 3. Seems to have the same features as the Cameleon but is a bit heavier and wider. (Sales rep suggested it may be difficult to fold for a woman after C-section or pregnant a 2nd time)

Both these seem to be fairly popular from reading other posts here.

Another consideration would be the possibility of requiring a buggy that would also be able to cater for a toddler a few years down the line and the 2 above don't seem to be suited to this. Because of this we were looking at the Phil & Teds Sport buggy. However, it doesn't seem to have the overnight sleeping option available? What would people recommend. Are there other options that we haven't come across?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭zack01

Bugaboo, no question. We have it four years, have been everywhere with it, planes, trains etc, never had a single problem with it, expensive yes but well worth it, good luck and best wishes with the new arrival. Any questions just send a pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

The Quinny Buzz is heavy - I've got one. It is great for country roads; has a full travel system and a cot option. It's not too difficult to fold but it is cumbersome when you're fitting it in and out of a boot.

Another option for you would be the Jane Slalom Pro. It takes a carseat alright but the nice thing about it is that your carrycot can be used in the car safely. It eliminates all the extra equipment that comes with having a carseat/carrycot/buggy combo.

I think if I were to have to buy a new buggy for a newborn then I'd consider that one.

More questions than answers!

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭josey_whale

fitzie79 wrote: »
    Are there other options that we haven't come across?

Teutonia - http://www.teutonia.de/ or http://www.teutoniausa.com/

We had our first child last October and bought a Teutonia Spirit travel system. I would highly recommend it. Three wheeled chassis. Maxi cosi compatible. carry cot option, stroller option.. German engineering! We bought all the bells and whistles (maxi cosi car seat, and the easi fix. The chassis, the carry cot and the stroller chair). All in for something like €900.

We bought ours from Bella Baby (http://www.bellababy.ie/) in Oranmore Galway.

Best of luck

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Have a look at the maxi cosi mura

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

phil and teds! and you can use the cocoon for overnight sleeping - i did with my daughter on 'bad' nights at home rather then jumping in and out of bed all night to the other room, on hols and she was 6 mths old and so did just about everyone i know who has one.
    Totally the best pushchair - has a few drawbacks - not sure even still about the low down back seat, very little under carriage space for shopping, no real space for a changing bag to hang from - but you get used to this, my old model has very little recline but newer models do and also my old one would not work with car seat but newer ones do with maxi cosy.
    Positives - so small when folded flat - for a double, newer model so light, great for offroading, versatile, good for 1 and good for 2 so you never need another change.
    I am sorry i did not go there 3 yrs ago when i had my son, i bought mine second hand last summer and as you can see love it.
    I have owned: 2 graco travel systems - fine, not the most robust, crap off smooth paths, double out and about 3 wheeler - too heavy and wide, safety first tandem double - seat too small in front for my 2.5 yr old and too short in back for baby at 4 mths, too heavy, no good off smooth paths and too long, lovencare reversible one - LOVED it!
    Oh, enjoy and good luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭fitzie79

hi all,

thanks for the feedback - much appreciated. I think we'll need to look at the phil & teds in the shop as we haven't looked properly at it yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Squarejocks

Hey,

We have a Buggster and its a great sturdy buggy thats been on about 6 holdiays over the past 3 and a half years. Still going strong.

Also had the Twinner Twist Duo which is a two seater (when our second was born) and you can attach a carrycot and Maxicosi Car seats to it.

We bought them about 3 years ago in smyths but the only place I can find them on google is www.meandmybaby.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 29 jondon

hi having baby in oct , have 4 year old too but when you say older model is that the phil and ted classic, there are great deals on that plus there is good deals on the sport model but the new vibe are a good bit more expensive, thanks john d

Advertisement