Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bertie as lord Mayor

Options
  • 17-01-2010 12:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Please if there is any type of god out there dont let this happen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

I have a thought how can he get Artist tax break on his book of fiction, when he has not got a Tax clearance cert:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 luigi8738

thats the thing about Bertie, he can do/fix/arrange things that us mortals only dream of ..... basically he is what used to be called a cute whore

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Lord Mayor of Mountjoy Prison. It's a new position.

there's a thought, he'd get my vote!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

luigi8738 wrote: »
    Please if there is any type of god out there dont let this happen

Is this true? Link?:eek:

• Advertisement

rumour has it he is going to stand for election, horrors of horrors

rumour has it he is going to stand for election, horrors of horrors

If he gets voted in I'm finished with this country what next Brian Cowan as president this country is a joke and laughing stock of europe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

i've zero interest in seeing this tossers face in the public domain again...the guy's a chancer..corrupt to the end. he's a scumbag.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Unfortunately he could pull it off, especially if there are many other candidates.
    One up against him and he will lose, no matter who they are. More than one and Bertie's oul' one, moronic FF, simple people's guaranteed 25% will get him in.

Well we can do something about it cant we

• Advertisement

Hootanany wrote: »
    Well we can do something about it cant we

Revolt!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Simple solution. If he runs for mayor vote against him. It's called democracy. If he wins he is obviously the most popular candidate and deserves it.

Slightly off topic, who wants an elected mayor? The Lord Mayor's role as it stands is more or less a ceremonial traditional post. Why waste council money holding an election or are they actually going to give the role some kind of importance?

Vote against the cant

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

This role is completely pointless. I assume you are referring to new Dublin mayor role. The mayors of the 4 local authorities will continue to have their position so in effect we will have 5 mayors for such a small area

Fear not my friends George Hook has assured us that he will stand against the "Noble Bertie" according to the Business post!!! We can sleep easy (sic)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Not the same as the proposed elected Mayor but the numpty was already Lord Mayor of Dublin back in the 80s.

1986BuildingExhibitionLOWRES5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

Fear not my friends George Hook has assured us that he will stand against the "Noble Bertie" according to the Business post!!! We can sleep easy (sic)

George Hook, Now theres a man i'd love to see in power :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Ledgendary Lad

Crow92 wrote: »
    George Hook, Now theres a man i'd love to see in power :D
    Just wondering wrt Voting for Mayor & Running for Mayor:
    Will you have to live in Dublin City & County to do so?
    How will you prove it? Will ALL The Councils send out Slips based on Electoral Register?

If you are running for Mayor, do you have to live in Dublin be it either renting or owning your' own property?
    Do you have to be a Dub to run?
    Hookie isn't a Dub for e.g.

No matter, our rules are made to be broken, bent, manipulated or some how adapted to suit those in power. BUT heaven help any of us little people step out of line :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,309 ✭✭✭markpb

Just wondering wrt Voting for Mayor & Running for Mayor:
    Will you have to live in Dublin City & County to do so? How will you prove it? Will ALL The Councils send out Slips based on Electoral Register?

If you are running for Mayor, do you have to live in Dublin be it either renting or owning your' own property?
    Do you have to be a Dub to run?
    Hookie isn't a Dub for e.g.

The most likely way is that they'll follow the process for local and national elections. The local authorities will send voting slips to anyone currently registered to vote in any of the four Dublin areas. Hook could run because you can run in another electoral district anyway - just like Bertie ran in Dublin Central despite living in Dublin North East.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Christy Burke (ex-Sinn Féin) likely to run?

To be honest, I'm just hoping for another Mr. Tayto run

Advertisement