Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

before TTC - what should I do?

Options
  • 17-01-2010 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

We're hoping to start trying to conceive later in 2010. I spoke with my GP asking what I needed to do and all she suggested was folic acid (already take that) and checked I've had the rubella jab and that was it. This didn't seem to be much, and I was just wondering if there is anything else I should be doing to be best prepared? I don's smoke or drink, weight ok (could be less but still in right bmi range), diet ok, I do drink coffee though.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Mind Hunter 85

Hi heres a link about coffee and other stuff that reduces fertility

http://www.ivf1.com/caffeine-alcohol-smoking-reduces-fertility/

Other than that just take your folic acid,drink lots of water and a general healthy diet.
    Stay active(but don't overdo it) as they say it really helps if your physically fit before pregnancy and maintain it throughout so it's easier and better on your body during and afterwards.

Also you might want to take a prenatal vitamin (personal choice though)
    I Take one by Sanatogen and it has a multi vitamin and an omega 3.
    And my husband takes Wellman.

When you do start trying it's important to have sex regularly not just at ovulation time but every 2-3 days from when your period ends as sperm needs to be released regularly to keep male fertility at on optimal levels and then more so in your 'fertile window'

Best of luck for a quick conception when you start trying.

Advertisement