Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a DSL Modem please

• 17-01-2010 12:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks
    Looking for yer help please...

I still have my D-Link 604+ ASDL wireless modem/router on the go and am looking to upgrade to a decent ADSL2/+2 modem..

I believe my local exchange is at least ADSL2 enabled.

I use VPN frequently and have small wireless devices (itouch, etc) on the go.

I dont want to spend a fortune but looking for well configurable and a good reputation
    - Wireless N (or equiv) I suppose.
    - At least 4 ethernet ports - (Gigabit Ethernet would be nice to have)
    - Full IPSec/ VPN support.
    - Stablilty!

Thanks folks
    James.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭twinsen

I use linksys: wag120n-ew
    works perfect, cost only 54e in komplett. takes 10 minut to setup. have all the feature you need

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭ashleey

twinsen wrote: »
    I use linksys: wag120n-ew
    works perfect, cost only 54e in komplett. takes 10 minut to setup. have all the feature you need
    I just changed my Netgear dg834n for a d link dsl2740r. The Netgear routers have a serious fault in that they will not resync to your dsl service when your provider reissues you an IP address after 24 hours of an always-on router (as per Vodafone, my provider). The router then freezes and must be switched off and on. Fingers crossed that my new brand handles this better. Will know tomorrow.

Advertisement