Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orbit Showtime via Nilesat 7W or 25.5E

• 17-01-2010 12:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 312 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Can anyone advise me on which satellite to try and recieve the orbit package on since its sudden departure from 8W Friday! - I have one of their rubbish sagem decoders which was working fine for orbit news 1 up till Friday when it appears they pulled the plug on the transponder.

What annoys me is that their was no info given, either on the channels or via email that they were turning this transponder off!

You would think they would avoid switching off transponders on the weekend!

My current setup is a 1.2 Channel master with 0.1db LNB, which it pains me to upgrade!

Is anyone currently recieving signals from either of these two locations 7W or 25.5E? which one is the best to go for and what size dish is needed? I live in West Dublin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭fergiesarmy

i have yet to come across anyone that can pull in the middle east beam on 7w or 26e in ireland. I know a satellite company who tried with a 3m dish in dublin and still could not pull in showtime on 7w

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

i have yet to come across anyone that can pull in the middle east beam on 7w or 26e in ireland. I know a satellite company who tried with a 3m dish in dublin and still could not pull in showtime on 7w

woulda thought that would have been enough! 1.8M works on the south coast of england in fair weather. Would be tempted to buy a 3M if i knew it worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭fergiesarmy

There you go!! Me too. I would love a big fock off 3 - 3.5 metre dish but cant do it in the estate i live in. Will def get one when i buy something on its own grounds in a few years.

Advertisement