Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chocolat restaurant,whats its like?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

phog wrote: »
    Was there this evening, 4 starters, 4 main courses, 3 desserts, 4 coffees and a bottle of chardonay came to €94, I think that's good value.

+1, I like Azur too, nice menu and good value.

Yeah im thinking my parents would prefer azur over something trendy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Yeah im thinking my parents would prefer azur over something trendy

Crazy plan here, but maybe, rather than running it down before eating in Chocolat, actually go for a meal there yourself? you can get two courses for 15 euro or something. I know I run the risk of asking you to have a positive experience in Limerick, but maybe it's so crazy it could work.

I agree Azur is also a great restaurant btw, you don't need to run one down to praise the other.

Btw, both have excellent early bird menu's so "not being able to afford them" is a poor excuse, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

Chocolat is several times better than the Texas Steakout.

I've eaten in both and if we're talking about a good steak here, the texas was average to good, Chocolat was possibly the worst piece of steak I've ever gotten. Maybe I was unlucky though, it was dry and chewy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,678 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Eaten lunch in Chocolat a few times and always impressed with the quality, portion size and value for the money. Haven't been there in the evening though so can't comment on whether standards are maintained throughout the day.

re: Texas Steak House - grand spot, but they haven't changed the menu or the decor since I first ate there (in 1995)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Azphyxi8

Chocolat is probably my favourite restaurant right now. For €20 you can get a 3 course meal any evening after 7. I think it's on €15 before that time. You'll find that hard to beat and the quality is superb.

I've never left feeling hungry and I'm not a "Sex and City" lady, but that type of lady does frequent the place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭moby2101

I had dinner in Chocolat last night with my wife..my first time there.. I thought it was excellent. Good menu and wine list & really good value.. Definitely worth a visit

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Went to Chocolat for a birthday party. One of the finest steaks I have ever had. And I'm a guy that loves his steak. Although I have heard people complaining about theyir steak there too, so it must be dependant on chef.

Everone at my table loved their food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

Crazy plan here, but maybe, rather than running it down before eating in Chocolat, actually go for a meal there yourself? you can get two courses for 15 euro or something. I know I run the risk of asking you to have a positive experience in Limerick, but maybe it's so crazy it could work.

I agree Azur is also a great restaurant btw, you don't need to run one down to praise the other.

Btw, both have excellent early bird menu's so "not being able to afford them" is a poor excuse, imo.

Hey,dont be smart to me thanks.Well the meal is for parents,grandmother myself so its at least 4 people 80 euro is alot to me,i cant afford to check it out myself 1st

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Went to Chocolat with 9 other lads over Xmas and was very impressed with the place. Was my first time there and everyone thought the food was excellent including the lads who had steak. Great price and excellent service.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Buglim

€20 for 3 courses and the food was of high enough standard. Have to say the best value I've seen in a long time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 GoingGaGa

Went to Chocolat with 5 friends a week ago and I have absolutely nothing bad to say about the place. It was packed, great atmosphere, staff nice, food excellent and the best bit was definately the price. I agree with some other posters, the sea bass was superb. Looking for an excuse to go back already.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

So much for The Definitive Limerick Restaurant and Takeaway Thread

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

another chocolat lover here, went for the stake , seriously mouth watering, and I spent less than I usually do those rare times I actually get to go out for dinner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Kean

It has 2 floors, one is used as a cafe and the other a restaurant.
    Heard only positive feedback about it.
    And ya i went to make a booking before xmas and it was completely booked for every Saturday till January from then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Bill Cosby

Good varied menu, quality food, good service and fantastic value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

I don't have any complaints and have been quite a few times now.
    However on the one occassion I went with my boyfriend he ordered the Chicken Ceaser Salad for starters but got a sort of Chinese version.
    But I know they do the real deal as my friend has ordered it previously.

I do love the atmosphere downstairs and I think it's a great addition to the city.
    And have just made plans to meet up with a friend there next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Millie wrote: »
    And have just made plans to meet up with a friend there next week.

Ssssshhhh!!!!

Advertisement